20 years of the PSNI

Started by Truth hurts, November 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 24, 2023, 11:33:22 AM
What's the source of what you pasted eire90?

If that's true does that mean it wasn't a republican group or it was? I guess it's not really that conclusive.

It's a Belfast live article
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Truth hurts

serious question, how many psni members are involved in your club? How many police officers do you know personally? I would say the majority of peoples answer is No.

Armagh18

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 24, 2023, 12:58:17 PM
serious question, how many psni members are involved in your club? How many police officers do you know personally? I would say the majority of peoples answer is No.
0. No burning desire to change that lol

Hereiam

Don't know any & don't want to know any

Truth hurts

Thats the attitude why there are lunatics running around shooting men putting a bag of footballs into a car

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hereiam on February 24, 2023, 01:45:00 PM
Don't know any & don't want to know any

Would you call them if your are in trouble or the lads at the from the New IRA?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Depressing reading some the stuff here. "Don't know any & don't want to know any" "0. No burning desire to change that lol" real teenage hardman shite. Bet you all want a UI but aren't will to put in any work. The PSNI will be a police force in a UI and we will need them. No wonder people think they can shoot someone coaching kids. Have a word with yourselves ffs.

Ethan Tremblay

I find it hard to understand the hate for the PSNI from people of a certain generation
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Snapchap

Bit of grandstanding above lads. It's perfectly legitimate to have a distrust of the PSNI without being of the same mindset as the dissident clowns trying to target them. I posted the below at the start of this thread:

Quote from: Snapchap on November 02, 2021, 04:09:23 PM
Undoubtedly a different force on the ground than the RUC was. At senior, leadership level though, I don't see a big sea change. Ask any family trying to get to the truth surroundig cases involving collusion/suspected collusion, and they'll tell you about PSNI obstruction.

This was the front page story in the Irish News only last week:
https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/10/25/news/psni-accused-of-attempting-to-thwart-publication-of-police-ombudsman-report-into-loyalist-murders-2488795/

Go back to 2019, and a Court of Appeal found the PSNI had unlawfully failed to conduct an independent probe into alleged state collusion with the Glenane Gang. The judge found the PSNI treatment of the victims' families as "unfair in the extreme".

In February 2018 it was inadvertently discovered through civil proceedings that several thousand documents, crucial to an Ombusdman investigation into 10 UDA murders in South Belfast, had not been provided by the PSNI to the Ombudsman.

In 2017, the High Court ordered the PSNI to meet with the Glenanne Gang victim's families within 5 weeks. They failed to obey the ruling.

I could post examples all day long, and the theme is the same - obstruction.

Added to that legitimate concerns about lingering sectarianism within the force....
https://www.thedetail.tv/articles/almost-twice-the-number-of-catholics-than-protestants-arrested-and-charged-by-psni
https://www.thedetail.tv/articles/nearly-twice-as-many-security-stop-and-searches-on-catholics-as-protestants
If in this day and age we have a police force that is twice as likely to arrest a Catholic as a Protestant, then surely it's hard for anyone to deny that it still has a way to go before it can be considered to be truly reformed. Surely it's acceptable to say as much? Or does that fact that braindead dissidents are carrying out their sporadic attacks mean we aren't allowed to have any feelings of distrust?

trailer

Quote from: Snapchap on February 24, 2023, 03:37:25 PM
Bit of grandstanding above lads. It's perfectly legitimate to have a distrust of the PSNI without being of the same mindset as the dissident clowns trying to target them. I posted the below at the start of this thread:

Undoubtedly a different force on the ground than the RUC was. At senior, leadership level though, I don't see a big sea change. Ask any family trying to get to the truth surroundig cases involving collusion/suspected collusion, and they'll tell you about PSNI obstruction.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/10/25/news/psni-accused-of-attempting-to-thwart-publication-of-police-ombudsman-report-into-loyalist-murders-2488795/

Go back to 2019, and a Court of Appeal found the PSNI had unlawfully failed to conduct an independent probe into alleged state collusion with the Glenane Gang. The judge found the PSNI treatment of the victims' families as "unfair in the extreme".

In February 2018 it was inadvertently discovered through civil proceedings that several thousand documents, crucial to an Ombusdman investigation into 10 UDA murders in South Belfast, had not been provided by the PSNI to the Ombudsman.

In 2017, the High Court ordered the PSNI to meet with the Glenanne Gang victim's families within 5 weeks. They failed to obey the ruling.

Added to that legitimate concerns about lingering sectarianism within the force....
https://www.thedetail.tv/articles/almost-twice-the-number-of-catholics-than-protestants-arrested-and-charged-by-psni
https://www.thedetail.tv/articles/nearly-twice-as-many-security-stop-and-searches-on-catholics-as-protestants
If in this day and age we have a police force that is twice as likely to arrest a Catholic as a Protestant, then surely it's hard for anyone to deny that it still has a way to go before it can be considered to be truly reformed. Surely it's acceptable to say as much? Or does that fact that braindead dissidents are carrying out their sporadic attacks mean we aren't allowed to have any feelings of distrust?

How would you change that ethos?
I'd begin by getting more Nationalists to join and that needs to come about by our community (esp GAA) supporting ppl who want to join. Acting the hard man saying I don't want to know any isn't helpful.
But we saw how Kickam's supported one of their members. He eventually had his legs blown off. It all feeds in.

tonto1888

Quote from: Snapchap on February 24, 2023, 03:37:25 PM

I work with ex PSNI officers. Even they distrust the PSNI and don't have much good to say about them. That said, the current serving officers I know are sound 

Saffrongael

What is the percentage of Catholics in the PSNI? 30% approx ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

general_lee

Snapchat makes a good point. I can trust the police on day-to-day matters but when it comes to legacy issues they still stink.