TikTok

Started by Farrandeelin, August 07, 2020, 08:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I don't have it but the wife does and I think it's a load of shite. Anyone share similar views or other views? Seriously I don't give a shit about how one can dance. This must be the only thing I agree with Trump on - banning it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Taylor

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 07, 2020, 08:54:30 AM
I don't have it but the wife does and I think it's a load of shite. Anyone share similar views or other views? Seriously I don't give a shit about how one can dance. This must be the only thing I agree with Trump on - banning it.

I share your views Far.
Kids go crazy for it - complete load of shite

Milltown Row2

Kids love it, it's got millions of followers so it must be doing something right...

As does Candy crush!!

Both shite but millions love it. I do though love Sarah Cooper's take on Trump
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

I nearly had this app in the WTF thread a while ago but decided not to be a grumpy old man for once.  I don't get the appeal.

Why is Trump looking to ban it though? Is it another Huawei, stealing our info but Samsung, Google and Apple aren't, situation?

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2020, 08:58:20 AM
Kids love it, it's got millions of followers so it must be doing something right...

As does Candy crush!!

Both shite but millions love it. I do though love Sarah Cooper's take on Trump

I definitely think Sarah Cooper is the reason Trump wants to ban it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on August 07, 2020, 09:28:50 AM
I nearly had this app in the WTF thread a while ago but decided not to be a grumpy old man for once.  I don't get the appeal.

Why is Trump looking to ban it though? Is it another Huawei, stealing our info but Samsung, Google and Apple aren't, situation?

If you don't want people to have your info, stay off the internet, anything else is giving people your info!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

https://www.blackhillsinfosec.com/lets-talk-about-tiktok/

A very very nerdy analysis of tiktok.

It doesn't appear any worse than facebook / google etc as people say though there are a few heavyweight things which some can't explain going on with it.

GetOverTheBar

For the app itself, I know the concept but its got no appeal.

As far as the China thing goes, it's interesting, they would have to give the Chinese Ruling Party under the countries laws access to everything they have. But what use would it actually be?

BennyCake

I'd imagine Trump wants it banned because him or his cronies don't own it or profit from it.

Didnt know it was anything to do with dancing. Remember going up to the local shop a while back. Was parking up round the side, a seen a youngster get out of her parents car. Sat the phone against the wall facing herself and started dancing. I thought to myself, Jesus the world has gone simple.

MoChara

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2020, 09:32:59 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on August 07, 2020, 09:28:50 AM

If you don't want people to have your info, stay off the internet, anything else is giving people your info!

People post on facebook of all f**king things about how the the Covid and Trace app is monitoring them.

Rossfan

Don't know anything about tiktok but if it's annoying the hape of sh1te in the White House it must be a good thing.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GiveItToTheShooters

Load of shite. Anyone over the age of 14 that uses it would need to take a good look at themselves. Fair play to trump

screenexile

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 07, 2020, 03:08:46 PM
Load of shite. Anyone over the age of 14 that uses it would need to take a good look at themselves. Fair play to trump

Just put the 5 year old daughter to bed there... "Mommy, when do you think I will be tiktok famous??"

FFS!!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: hardstation on August 09, 2020, 10:05:02 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 09, 2020, 10:01:38 PM

Just put the 5 year old daughter to bed there... "Mommy, when do you think I will be tiktok famous??"

FFS!!!
Aye, it must be a hard when your child calls you Mommy. Don't let it get you down.

Probably in a Nick Toons voice...

BennyCake

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 09, 2020, 10:17:30 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 09, 2020, 10:05:02 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 09, 2020, 10:01:38 PM

FFS!!!
Aye, it must be a hard when your child calls you Mommy. Don't let it get you down.

Probably in a Nick Toons voice...

And he replied in a Haribo voice.