Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 11, 2023, 11:39:41 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 11, 2023, 11:37:46 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on March 11, 2023, 11:19:05 PM
It was reported he signed a new deal last year with strict social media guidelines

He can't be that surprised

Source? And if that's the case, what about those who work for the BBC but would be pro Tory, the likes of Alan Sugar? And watching the footage of Fiona Bruce earlier in QT, what the actual fcuk? Beyond mad

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2020/sep/15/gary-lineker-takes-bbc-pay-cut-and-agrees-to-tweet-more-carefully

"Gary knows that he has responsibilities to the BBC in terms of his use of social media," said Davie, referring to the new social media rules for employees

We are all equal....

whitey

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 11, 2023, 11:49:52 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 11, 2023, 11:47:55 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 11, 2023, 11:14:49 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 11, 2023, 12:35:19 PM
He's entitled to his opinion while at the same time accepting an annual salary of £1.2M from the government/taxpayer.

If I publicly criticized my employer in the manner he did I'd be fired by the end of the day

That's ridiculous, there's no way anyone actually pays you to do a job.

I had assumed whitey must be self-employed based on things he said about the Trump taxcuts benefiting him a few years ago.  (for context, Trump's tax bill cost me almost 10k in the first year alone, as I was no longer able to deduct mortgage/interest payments from my bill.  That's obviously a first world problem, but as an employee, I had my main deduction taken away from me by Trump, as did most people I know.  So I assumed that anyone who benefited must have had business ownership costs to deduct).

Were mortgage payments tax deductible in the states at a time?!?

My understanding is property tax is still deductible-just you're capped at $10K which pretty much screws you if you're in a high tax state. (I am in MA, and my property tax is under $10K)

Mortgage interest is tax deductible as long as your mortgage is < $750K (Used to be $1M)

Interest on HELOC is now only tax deductible if used for verifiable home improvements. Previously people would buy cars or pay college expenses from home equity and deduct the interest

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 11, 2023, 11:49:52 PM
He's entitled to his opinion while at the same time accepting an annual salary of £1.2M from the government/taxpayer.

If I publicly criticized my employer in the manner he did I'd be fired by the end of the day

I had assumed whitey must be self-employed based on things he said about the Trump taxcuts benefiting him a few years ago.  (for context, Trump's tax bill cost me almost 10k in the first year alone, as I was no longer able to deduct mortgage/interest payments from my bill.  That's obviously a first world problem, but as an employee, I had my main deduction taken away from me by Trump, as did most people I know.  So I assumed that anyone who benefited must have had business ownership costs to deduct).

Were mortgage payments tax deductible in the states at a time?!?

Yes.  Still are to an extent, but not if you live in a state where property prices are expensive (i.e., Northest, California).

Like anything else that is deductible in the US, it's a deliberate nudge by government to encourage certain types of economic activity.   

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AustinPowers on March 11, 2023, 11:33:31 PM
Always thought MOTD  should have a bite size  edition.  Just show the goals. Maybe this  might force it that  way

They do/ did Sunday morning and you fast forward all the crap
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

MOTD, well that was pure dung, no suprise there.

marty34

Imagine The Sunday Game the same way.

Capt Pat

Pat Sharp. For making a remark about a womans breasts at an award show.

Itchy

So what you are saying is that if Whitey publicly criticised himself he would sack himself. Fair enough.

trailer

Mourne Red

Quote from: marty34 on March 12, 2023, 08:10:44 AM

Might actually improve the Sunday game tbh.. especially if they just do it for the hurling

AustinPowers

Quote from: marty34 on March 12, 2023, 08:10:44 AM

It already  exists on  TG4 Monday nights

Main Street

Quote from: JoG2 on March 12, 2023, 12:15:18 AM
It was reported he signed a new deal last year with strict social media guidelines

Source? And if that's the case, what about those who work for the BBC but would be pro Tory, the likes of Alan Sugar? And watching the footage of Fiona Bruce earlier in QT, what the actual fcuk? Beyond mad

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2020/sep/15/gary-lineker-takes-bbc-pay-cut-and-agrees-to-tweet-more-carefully

"Gary knows that he has responsibilities to the BBC in terms of his use of social media," said Davie, referring to the new social media rules for employees

We are all equal....
Gary is in the sports department, a pundit /presenter

BBC social media guidelines
Expressions of Opinion on Social Media applies to those working in news and current affairs (across all Divisions) and factual journalism production or senior management. are

3. If your work requires you to maintain your impartiality, don't express a personal opinion on matters of public policy, politics, or 'controversial subjects'.**

Actors, dramatists, comedians, musicians and pundits who work for the BBC are not subject to the requirements of impartiality on social media

https://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidance/individual-use-of-social-media#5enforcement

J70

Would the lads in charge (who gave Boris a "dig out" and come from right wing news etc.) have suspended Linekar if he'd tweeted in support of the Tories right wing rhetoric?

I hope Linekar and the rest of them stick to their guns.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: J70 on March 12, 2023, 01:02:00 PM
Would the lads in charge (who gave Boris a "dig out" and come from right wing news etc.) have suspended Linekar if he'd tweeted in support of the Tories right wing rhetoric?

I hope Linekar and the rest of them stick to their guns.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1634825836774785025

QuoteQ: If Gary Lineker had said he supports the migrant bill... he would of had an opinion... so would you have removed him for that?

Tim Davie(BBC DG): "I'm not going to go through hypotheticals"

::)

Mourne Red

Quote from: Main Street on March 12, 2023, 12:20:21 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 12, 2023, 12:15:18 AM

We are all equal....
Gary is in the sports department, a pundit /presenter

BBC social media guidelines
Expressions of Opinion on Social Media applies to those working in news and current affairs (across all Divisions) and factual journalism production or senior management. are

3. If your work requires you to maintain your impartiality, don't express a personal opinion on matters of public policy, politics, or 'controversial subjects'.**

Actors, dramatists, comedians, musicians and pundits who work for the BBC are not subject to the requirements of impartiality on social media

https://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidance/individual-use-of-social-media#5enforcement

Lineker is a free lancer so those rules don't apply