seafoid

Quote from: blanketattack on March 02, 2023, 02:52:04 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2023, 01:14:51 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on March 02, 2023, 11:27:15 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2023, 03:44:55 PM
Quote from: jcpen on March 01, 2023, 12:47:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2023, 12:33:53 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on March 01, 2023, 12:23:49 PM
Also, the excuse of how dangerous trans women would be in contact sports, well a peak Serena Williams would be stronger than 99% of trans women, does than mean any women (non-trans) of her strength should be banned as well out of 'safety concerns'?

I brought up last week my own (at the time) 14 year old diminutive self being horsed out of it on the GAA field by lads who were a foot taller and three stone heavier. I'm sure many here have experienced the same.

Get up and get on with it was the option available.
Such a poor argument(yours and blanketattack are equally poor)and in no way is it the same as your  14 year old daughter (if you have one, if not insert sister, niece etc) coming up against a foot taller 3 stone heavier biological male who identifies as a female.

The point is physical disparity is often huge among men and women themselves, yet outside of the likes of boxing, it's never a consideration nor even a concern. A 5'3" man is never going to be a men's tennis champion because he simply lacks the physique, but no one bats an eyelid. Even a 5'3" woman would have a tough time against the Williams sisters in their prime. Yet the odd transwoman competing spells the end of women's sports as we know it and by extension, for some,  necessitates the denial of any legitimate consideration of transexuality.

Yes, Rugby sees 11 stone players vs 22 stone players.
Basketball has seen 5'3" 9 stone players vs 25 stone 7'1" players.
Did anyone ask for the bigger players to be banned for 'safety concerns'?

People think the Ladies Football scene is going to be flooded with 6'4" 14 stone transwomen. People just looking to invent scenarios just to suit their own transphobia. Transphobes are no different to racists, homophobes and even flat-earthers - no listening to any rational by them, they've their mind made up and no counter argument is going to change their mind.
Safeguarding rules are about tail risk, not regular stuff.
Most basketball does not have 25 stone players.
11 stone rugby players play in the backs, not the forwards.
Everyone who plays rugby know how it works.
Introducing a trans who weighs twice as much or is 4 times as powerful as the women playing a sport
is a specific risk which has to be legislated for.
The bald Italian who rolled up  at a LGFA match last year was playing against 16 year olds. There are also liability funding issues.
Should general society cover this risk ?
A transwoman that's 4 times as powerful? No end to the unicorn scenarios.
99.x%: of transwomen will not be these huge giants 4 times as powerful that all the transphobes like to fear monger about . No need to exclude the majority that pose no risk.
Even if it's "only" 40-60% why should women be exposed to the risk? Especially teenagers.

Trans women are either gay men or fetishists  who experience sexual arousal at the idea of having a female body
. Why should their rights be prioritised ?

By what magic do these people become women? Answers on a postcard.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2023, 03:13:11 PM
Also, the excuse of how dangerous trans women would be in contact sports, well a peak Serena Williams would be stronger than 99% of trans women, does than mean any women (non-trans) of her strength should be banned as well out of 'safety concerns'?

I brought up last week my own (at the time) 14 year old diminutive self being horsed out of it on the GAA field by lads who were a foot taller and three stone heavier. I'm sure many here have experienced the same.

Such a poor argument(yours and blanketattack are equally poor)and in no way is it the same as your  14 year old daughter (if you have one, if not insert sister, niece etc) coming up against a foot taller 3 stone heavier biological male who identifies as a female.

The point is physical disparity is often huge among men and women themselves, yet outside of the likes of boxing, it's never a consideration nor even a concern. A 5'3" man is never going to be a men's tennis champion because he simply lacks the physique, but no one bats an eyelid. Even a 5'3" woman would have a tough time against the Williams sisters in their prime. Yet the odd transwoman competing spells the end of women's sports as we know it and by extension, for some,  necessitates the denial of any legitimate consideration of transexuality.

People think the Ladies Football scene is going to be flooded with 6'4" 14 stone transwomen. People just looking to invent scenarios just to suit their own transphobia. Transphobes are no different to racists, homophobes and even flat-earthers - no listening to any rational by them, they've their mind made up and no counter argument is going to change their mind.
Introducing a trans who weighs twice as much or is 4 times as powerful as the women playing a sport
The bald Italian who rolled up  at a LGFA match last year was playing against 16 year olds. There are also liability funding issues.
99.x%: of transwomen will not be these huge giants 4 times as powerful that all the transphobes like to fear monger about . No need to exclude the majority that pose no risk.
Even if it's "only" 40-60% why should women be exposed to the risk? Especially teenagers.

Trans women are either gay men or fetishists  who experience sexual arousal at the idea of having a female body

You continually prove you know nothing about trans people and are nothing more than a bigot

Rossfan

And you got your psychiatric qualifications where?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gmac

Feelings or facts , feelings or reality that's basically what we are talking about

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on March 02, 2023, 03:53:05 PM
It seems to be a form of narcissism. Since when did people like that become more important than women ? And why ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2023, 04:49:36 PM
It seems to be a form of narcissism. Since when did people like that become more important than women ? And why ?

I'd say you have some of that narcissism
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 02, 2023, 08:35:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2023, 04:49:36 PM

I'd say you have some of that narcissism
That's such a compliment coming from you.

blanketattack

Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2023, 03:13:11 PM

So now that you know the argument about safety concerns to do with size is BS, your new reason for banning transwomen is because "Trans women are either gay men or fetishists". Reeks of bigotry and transphobia.

samuel maguire

I am getting some laugh at all you clowns sticking up for this whole trans issue, coming out with words like transphobia etc  ;D ;D
Catch yourself on you fools you are part of the problem. These people should not be given the time of day. The more media coverage etc the more our young people are exposed to this nonsense, thinking this is the norm when it really is not!
If you want to be a transexual knock yourself out, i really couldn't care.... until it starts effecting me and my childrens rights/safety
If you want to identify as a horse i couldn't care less.... until they start running around the track at cheltenham.

Armagh18

Quote from: samuel maguire on March 03, 2023, 08:49:31 AM
I am getting some laugh at all you clowns sticking up for this whole trans issue, coming out with words like transphobia etc  ;D ;D
Catch yourself on you fools you are part of the problem. These people should not be given the time of day. The more media coverage etc the more our young people are exposed to this nonsense, thinking this is the norm when it really is not!
If you want to be a transexual knock yourself out, i really couldn't care.... until it starts effecting me and my childrens rights/safety
If you want to identify as a horse i couldn't care less.... until they start running around the track at cheltenham.
100%

Milltown Row2

Quote from: samuel maguire on March 03, 2023, 08:49:31 AM

And what if your child comes out as a trans? Will you treat them differently?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

samuel maguire

That is a very fair question, althought the chances of this happening are extremely slim.

Especially with the environment my kids are brought up in. I would like to think my kids have been raised with the correct morals etc to see how messed up that shit is. AKA i don't think my kids are going to grow up to become attention seeking perverts. (fingers crossed)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: samuel maguire on March 03, 2023, 09:32:25 AM
That is a very fair question, althought the chances of this happening are extremely slim.

Especially with the environment my kids are brought up in. I would like to think my kids have been raised with the correct morals etc to see how messed up that shit is. AKA i don't think my kids are going to grow up to become attention seeking perverts. (fingers crossed)

Well you seem like you'll have plenty of support for them if it happens  ::)

Good luck at predicting how your kids turn out though

samuel maguire

What would you do if your child came to you at 13/14 years of age and said that they want to become a horse and live in a field and eat grass all day?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: samuel maguire on March 03, 2023, 09:35:26 AM
What would you do if your child came to you at 13/14 years of age and said that they want to become a horse and live in a field and eat grass all day?

Parenting, not for everyone one