Dublin v Tyrone. 11/02/17. Croke Park, Dublin.

Started by omagh_gael, February 06, 2017, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHandTom

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 12, 2017, 11:47:32 PM
Our foot passing was brilliant last night as well.

Brilliant is right. Dublin couldn't live with us at times

Il Bomber Destro

McCrory took the goal very well.

Hopefully it will shut some of the clowns up who pick him out as an easy target, he's had a very solid few years for us now.

Dublin were really rattled after the goal we had a couple of real openings there just after the goal but the wrong option was taken.

clarshack

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 12, 2017, 11:59:55 PM
McCrory took the goal very well.

Hopefully it will shut some of the clowns up who pick him out as an easy target, he's had a very solid few years for us now.

Dublin were really rattled after the goal we had a couple of real openings there just after the goal but the wrong option was taken.

Tbh I wouldn't have been his biggest fan in the past but I think he now offers leadership qualities which is invaluable in big games.

clarshack

Overall I enjoyed last nite in Croke park despite the windswept  conditions. We should have won despite McQuillan and I expect us and the Dubs to meet again in the league final and again later in the summer. They'll be sick of the sight of us lol !!

Canalman

Thought crowd of 28k was quiet good given the conditions. Understandably very few kids there. As miserable and cold a night as I ever sat through in CP.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: clarshack on February 13, 2017, 01:35:10 AM
Overall I enjoyed last nite in Croke park despite the windswept  conditions. We should have won despite McQuillan and I expect us and the Dubs to meet again in the league final and again later in the summer. They'll be sick of the sight of us lol !!

Is it top 2 or top 4 go through. I know they are getting rid of SF but I thought it was from next year.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Taylor

We are back on the big stage  ;D

Showed we wont be pushed around and gave the lads another run out in croke park.

McQuillan as always illustrated he is a clown. He is just a bad bad referee. First black card warranted but we got off with a stonewall one after that. Didnt see what Bradley did to warrant a red.

Dubs arent that great and will be sick of us by time Septmebr comes. We can always give them their fill of it

Weather was atrocious but the performance helped ease the pain in my joints

Fuzzman

No just the top 2 this year go straight to the final.
Good result for Tyrone but frustrating they couldn't hold out for the win.
Thought Sludden was immense but not many of our other forwards showed much especially in the second half.
Was surprised to see Mulgrew on before Brennan
Still a lot of tough matches to go and looking at the other results everybody is capable of beating each other.
I thought Monaghan would beat Cavan easy enough.

Hereiam

Lets not get carried away lads
Dublins training will have them hittin peak performance for the summer don't doubt that for one minute.
They looked a bit shell shocked on sat nite but they still were composed enough to see  it out for a draw (thanks to the ref)

We are lacking it up front big time, its all right if you can defend but scores win the matches and we are going to really struggle if this problem cant be addressed.

Big Sean came on and gave away the peno and his fumble lead to a pointed free kick near the end. I hope it doesn't turn out that he should have hung the boots up after 2016 season.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gael85

Quote from: Hereiam on February 13, 2017, 11:33:19 AM
Lets not get carried away lads
Dublins training will have them hittin peak performance for the summer don't doubt that for one minute.
They looked a bit shell shocked on sat nite but they still were composed enough to see  it out for a draw (thanks to the ref)

We are lacking it up front big time, its all right if you can defend but scores win the matches and we are going to really struggle if this problem cant be addressed.

Big Sean came on and gave away the peno and his fumble lead to a pointed free kick near the end. I hope it doesn't turn out that he should have hung the boots up after 2016 season.

What about all the wides? Referee was poor for both teams.

Taylor

How many teams have put it up to the Dubs in the last few years?
very bloody few.

We did and that without Mattie and red/black cards as well as a half fit Sean.

We will only improve and it bodes well for September. Anyone saying different are jealous or blinkered

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Taylor on February 13, 2017, 12:25:08 PM
How many teams have put it up to the Dubs in the last few years?
very bloody few.

We did and that without Mattie and red/black cards as well as a half fit Sean.

We will only improve and it bodes well for September. Anyone saying different are jealous or blinkered

;D
#newbridgeornowhere

Fuzzman

It's interesting that Mayo, Kerry and now Tyrone in the league have all drawn with the Dubs twice in the last few years. Is it psychological that teams find it hard to put them away now. A lot of Dub fans told me they thought they were beaten on Sat night

redhandefender

Would everyone calm down!

People talking here like the Dubs have been partying like rockastars all winter and eating pizzas. They are a well oiled machine and I doubt many of thos players let standards in training slip to much given the competition coming through. they are definitely far from full tilt but either are tyrone.

2nd round of the league, that's it means nothing more than at this stage the 2 teams are miles apart. No point crying about the ref hopefully the lads move on and learn. It should be all positive for tyrone and this too defensive mumbo jumbo that surfaces every time a northern team looks to be coming near the top will only serve to help the siege mentality mickeys loves.

Anyone doubting the part to pplay big cav will have this year is a fool.