Derry vs Tipperary, Breffini Park, Sarurday 23rd July 5pm, Live on Sky

Started by quiganmaster, July 18, 2016, 06:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 23, 2016, 07:08:26 PM
Superb response from Tipp when they went 2 down with not much time left. They'll be a tough match up for Galway next weekend, they'll fancy their chances to get to a semi-final but I hope the Q-final is as far as they go this year.

Fair play to tipp. Better team so no complaints. We really struggled to win our kickouts throughout.

seafoid

Delighted for AZ. Even if Liverpool are mediocre Tipp are going places
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Zulu

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 23, 2016, 07:08:26 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 07:03:45 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 23, 2016, 06:53:41 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 06:47:31 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 23, 2016, 06:41:09 PM
If ever a game was lost on the sideline that was it.

He took Heavron, Holly, Lynn and Kielt off at crucial stages when they were all going well and showing no signs of flagging.

The guys coming on did well but there were guys there who were offering little and should have been hauled off.

Ciaran Mullan is as far removed from a county player as I've seen.

Heavron seemed to be injured, Holly, Lynn and Kielt were doing little or nothing though I'd have kept Kielt on myself. Tipp were the better team and I'm delighted for AZ and Tippabu (and other Tipp linked posters) who are battling against the tide and today was a great day for all Tipp football people.

Holly was a dominant figure at midfield, made plenty of tackles and won a few great catches.

Lynn has pace to burn and you'd imagine with how open the game was this would be crucial.

Heavron didn't seem to be injured, he was just after kicking a great score to put them 2 up.

Kielt had already hit two point and was a guy who could hit crucial scores as well as being one of the most experienced players on the team.

McGuckin should have been off a lot earlier. Mullan should have been taken off, Loughlin didn't have a kick second half. They were bizarre changes.

Disagree, Derry certainly weren't dominant at midfield and Heavron was limping when coming off though I don't know if he was injured. Lynn did nothing all game and Kielt kicked one score from play and I recall little else. Like I said, I would have kept Kielt on myself as he can kick a score but most subs made a contribution and I don't think it was the winning or losing of the game. You can always second guess substitutions but I wouldn't say they made much of a difference.

They were bizarre at that time.

Holly had a very good game, he was winning plenty in the middle and making a number of great tackles, working hard and being a presence. I thought they fell away badly in that sector after he came off. Just look at the dominance Tipp had in midfield in the closing 20 minutes. Heavron is your best player and the one who had shown leadership throughout. So why on earth would he take him off with the game in the melting pot and a few minutes to go?

The subs were mental and cost Derry the game, IMO.

Well it's a matter of opinion I suppose but it isn't unusual to take of midfielders and get fresh legs on and I think you're being generous on Holly's performance. If Heavron was injured that explains that though if he wasn't I'd certainly have left him on too. Substitutions are often about who you want to put on as opposed to who you want to take off so perhaps the management felt they lads they wanted on could do similar to the lads being taken off.

Main Street

That was a heart warming gutsy performance from Tipp especially after Derry looked to have finally clawed back the game into their grasp.

Il Bomber Destro

The bottom line is they left lads like Mullan and McGuckin on who were way off the pace instead of better peformers and more dangerous players.

whiskeysteve

Heavron was quite clearly hurt and on the verge of going down with his limping after his final score, obviously needed to be subbed. Or you could just jump to the conclusion that suits you.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on July 23, 2016, 07:13:34 PM
Delighted for AZ. Even if Liverpool are mediocre Tipp are going places

I'm delighted for tippabu and the other Tipperary die hards. This has very little to do with me, but it is a massive boost for everyone involved in trying to promote Tipp football. I'm delighted.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: whiskeysteve on July 23, 2016, 07:24:29 PM
Heavron was quite clearly hurt and on the verge of going down with his limping after his final score, obviously needed to be subbed. Or you could just jump to the conclusion that suits you.

It wasn't quite visible at all.

Jeremiah O

Unconquered and unconquerable

Fair play to both teams playing football the way it should be. I would rather my team get beat playing  like that than playing that super over defensive muck.

Maroon Manc

Great win for Tipp, looked Derry would go on to win but Tipp deserve an enormous amount for credit for kicking 3 scores and keeping Derry scoreless. A nice open and enjoyable game of football.

Heavron was clearly injured. Both defences looked suspect when ran at.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 23, 2016, 07:32:43 PM

You weren't watching it then as it was completely obvious. Even the commentators mentioned it as he limped off. You're sticking the boot in with one eye on the game.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: whiskeysteve on July 23, 2016, 07:55:05 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 23, 2016, 07:32:43 PM

You weren't watching it then as it was completely obvious. Even the commentators mentioned it as he limped off. You're sticking the boot in with one eye on the game.

Easy petal.