Derry vs Tipperary, Breffini Park, Sarurday 23rd July 5pm, Live on Sky

Started by quiganmaster, July 18, 2016, 06:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

3 Munster sides in the last 8 and the possibility of 4 if Cork beat Donegal.

Galway v Tipp
Kerry v Clare

AZOffaly

Lads that is brilliant. What guts. Absolutely out on their feet.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 23, 2016, 06:44:33 PM
Lads that is brilliant. What guts. Absolutely out on their feet.
What a stunna from Tipp to go with beating Cork and the Munster club.

Zulu

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 23, 2016, 06:41:09 PM
If ever a game was lost on the sideline that was it.

He took Heavron, Holly, Lynn and Kielt off at crucial stages when they were all going well and showing no signs of flagging.

The guys coming on did well but there were guys there who were offering little and should have been hauled off.

Ciaran Mullan is as far removed from a county player as I've seen.

Heavron seemed to be injured, Holly, Lynn and Kielt were doing little or nothing though I'd have kept Kielt on myself. Tipp were the better team and I'm delighted for AZ and Tippabu (and other Tipp linked posters) who are battling against the tide and today was a great day for all Tipp football people.

BennyHarp

Fair play to Tipp. Some performance! Clare, Kerry and Tipp and in quarters with potentially Cork too. Munster football is alive and kicking
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

time ticking away

He took Heavron, Holly, Lynn and Kielt off at crucial stages when they were all going well and showing no signs of flagging.

The guys coming on did well but there were guys there who were offering little and should have been hauled off.

Didn't take you long to put the boot in.
Horrible individual imo
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 06:47:31 PM

Heavron seemed to be injured, Holly, Lynn and Kielt were doing little or nothing though I'd have kept Kielt on myself. Tipp were the better team and I'm delighted for AZ and Tippabu (and other Tipp linked posters) who are battling against the tide and today was a great day for all Tipp football people.

Holly was a dominant figure at midfield, made plenty of tackles and won a few great catches.

Lynn has pace to burn and you'd imagine with how open the game was this would be crucial.

Heavron didn't seem to be injured, he was just after kicking a great score to put them 2 up.

Kielt had already hit two point and was a guy who could hit crucial scores as well as being one of the most experienced players on the team.

McGuckin should have been off a lot earlier. Mullan should have been taken off, Loughlin didn't have a kick second half. They were bizarre changes.

skeog

mr barton got his come uppance after his arrogant resign comments during the week maybe he will regret his remarks

Zulu

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 23, 2016, 06:53:41 PM

Holly was a dominant figure at midfield, made plenty of tackles and won a few great catches.

Lynn has pace to burn and you'd imagine with how open the game was this would be crucial.

Heavron didn't seem to be injured, he was just after kicking a great score to put them 2 up.

Kielt had already hit two point and was a guy who could hit crucial scores as well as being one of the most experienced players on the team.

McGuckin should have been off a lot earlier. Mullan should have been taken off, Loughlin didn't have a kick second half. They were bizarre changes.

Disagree, Derry certainly weren't dominant at midfield and Heavron was limping when coming off though I don't know if he was injured. Lynn did nothing all game and Kielt kicked one score from play and I recall little else. Like I said, I would have kept Kielt on myself as he can kick a score but most subs made a contribution and I don't think it was the winning or losing of the game. You can always second guess substitutions but I wouldn't say they made much of a difference.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: time ticking away on July 23, 2016, 06:52:55 PM

Didn't take you long to put the boot in.
Horrible individual imo

Would you prefer a cuddle, pal?

macdanger2

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 07:03:45 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 23, 2016, 06:53:41 PM

Disagree, Derry certainly weren't dominant at midfield and Heavron was limping when coming off though I don't know if he was injured. Lynn did nothing all game and Kielt kicked one score from play and I recall little else. Like I said, I would have kept Kielt on myself as he can kick a score but most subs made a contribution and I don't think it was the winning or losing of the game. You can always second guess substitutions but I wouldn't say they made much of a difference.

They were bizarre at that time.

Holly had a very good game, he was winning plenty in the middle and making a number of great tackles, working hard and being a presence. I thought they fell away badly in that sector after he came off. Just look at the dominance Tipp had in midfield in the closing 20 minutes. Heavron is your best player and the one who had shown leadership throughout. So why on earth would he take him off with the game in the melting pot and a few minutes to go?

The subs were mental and cost Derry the game, IMO.

An Fhairche Abu

Superb response from Tipp when they went 2 down with not much time left. They'll be a tough match up for Galway next weekend, they'll fancy their chances to get to a semi-final but I hope the Q-final is as far as they go this year.