Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on December 02, 2017, 12:14:15 AM
Do I take it only DUP Unionists voted for Brexit?
I suspect most unionists (small u) want the open border to continue.
The official EU line is that they are supporting a fellow member against a State which is leaving the club.
Fearonite catholics may also have voted leave in order to bring about an independent NI where everyone has 2 houses and a pony.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

For what it's worth after a lot of deliberation  I voted remain.I know of many Catholics up here who voted leave though.

I do share a lot of the Brexiteers concerns though,including mass immigration which has turned a once respectable part of my home town into a ghetto with a huge crime rate,loss of sovereignty,needless bureaucracy and over regulation.

rrhf

Quote from: T Fearon on December 02, 2017, 06:18:57 AM
which has turned a once respectable part of my home town into a ghetto with a huge crime rate,loss of sovereignty,needless bureaucracy and over regulation.
That once beautiful town is ruined beyond repair with all of that stuff what town is it again.

seafoid

For what it's worth after a lot of deliberation  I voted remain.I know of many Catholics up here who voted leave though.

I do share a lot of the Brexiteers concerns though,including mass immigration which has turned a once respectable part of my home town into a ghetto with a huge crime rate,loss of sovereignty,needless bureaucracy and over regulation.
Immigration is a function of neoliberalism,  Tony. The onlyway to grow the economy when everything goes to the top is to have more people.
People don't know this. So they blame immigration for everything

seafoid

I was looking an an article from Monday. Liam Fox declared no border decision until the UK agrees a trade deal.  That is what the UK expected .  On Friday Tusk said the border is Ireland's call. Shoulder to shoulder  . Together standing tall.
 This is why the DUP went apeshit.  The EU destroyed the British position. Again.  The UK has zero leverage.
  '
The Brits are retreating on all of their red lines. They are going to pay £40 bn after insisting for a year they would pay nothing . Brexit is falling apart.

It reminds me of FF the week before the bailout. Irresistible force meets nonsense.

https://youtu.be/xSRnZbEHYJg

But now it's the Brits. I wish all the 17th century poets could see this.

balladmaker

Wait till the UK throws a border poll into the mix, that would sort out the border issue for them once and for all.

general_lee

Quote from: rrhf on December 02, 2017, 06:26:26 AM
which has turned a once respectable part of my home town into a ghetto with a huge crime rate,loss of sovereignty,needless bureaucracy and over regulation.
That once beautiful town is ruined beyond repair with all of that stuff what town is it again.
I must admit I did laugh out loud at this  ;D

TheOptimist

It's farcical but its great watching. The DUP are getting in everyone's way right now. They don't want to be different from the UK, except when it comes to gay rights and abortion of course  ::)

seafoid

Brexit is being run by sons and daughters of bitches.  One of the leading hard Brexit think tanks is the Legatum Institute. They are linked to Liam Fox and want the UK to leave with no deal. If the UK manages to get something sorted out with the US it will need to concede on things such as food standards and food prices . SO chlorine chicken. That will kill Moy park .
NI farmers will be shafted. The US is not my little pony. Bombardier was hit with massive tariffs. Unionist workers will have no chance . Nobody in  the DUP understands economics. 

The saddest thing is that the only outfit standing up for the interests of ordinary methodists and Presbyterians is the southern government.

Imagine if the DUP stood up for its voters like it fights sodomy.

Hereiam

Farmers here get shafted anyway. Similar meat carcasses get more money in england scotland from the the abattoirs than tbey do here. Why is that? This bullshit the dup are spouting about the brits being the norths most important trading partner is laughable...they use us because people are on lower wages so they can get there goods cheaper here.

Hardy

Varadkar on RTÉ Radio 1 with Marian Finucane now.

Rossfan

Quote from: balladmaker on December 02, 2017, 09:20:09 AM
Wait till the UK throws a border poll into the mix, that would sort out the border issue for them once and for all.
Why would they throw a border poll into the mix?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

haveaharp

Odds on UK being talked back down off the cliff edge, i.e Brexit being stopped? Would have to be via 2nd referendum I would expect. Opinions if you had to put a tenner either way?

seafoid

Quote from: Hereiam on December 02, 2017, 10:50:09 AM
Farmers here get shafted anyway. Similar meat carcasses get more money in england scotland from the the abattoirs than tbey do here. Why is that? This bullshit the dup are spouting about the brits being the norths most important trading partner is laughable...they use us because people are on lower wages so they can get there goods cheaper here.
I think 80% of farm incomes come from the EU.
Food prices are kept high in Europe.
Not in the US where it is a free for all.
Brexit will slash farm incomes. And reduce food quality.

Rossfan

When 6 Cos farmers lose the cheque from Brussels what happens?
Or will "Regulatory convergence" see them still getting it?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM