Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandboy

was wondering what the odds would be - 5-1 against in a two horse race. may have to put a few quid on us at them odds

Bacon

Quote from: johnneycool on September 24, 2008, 04:15:42 PM
Quote from: Bacon on September 23, 2008, 04:18:53 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 23, 2008, 03:33:30 PM
Quote from: Bacon on September 23, 2008, 11:43:17 AM
IHC final on Saturday in Downpatrick, Liatroim v Portaferry. I'd expect Liatroim to win this. Ports will be missing Dule & Eamon Adair from their semi final win over Newry Shamrocks. Liatoim have improved this year and if they win on Saturday could give Ulster a run.

Are you refereeing it Bacon or have you retired from that?

Mowglie is the referee. No better man!!

Aye, at least he lets it go a bit unlike the walking rule book who got a ribbing by Ger Lock down in Croker in the interprovincial final.

He's hung up the red referees jersey I hear!

8)

Loughnanne was out of order what he said. It was just because Deccy's from Ulster. Typical snobish behaviour from Loughnane.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

T O Hare

Quote from: amallon on September 24, 2008, 04:17:43 PM
Just checked the odds on Sundays game with Paddypower

Mayobridge (1 - 6 )
Loughinisland (5 - 1)
Draw (9 - 1)

The only club game with more one sided odds is Armagh where Cross are (1 - 14) and Aramgh harps are (8 - 1).  Being part of a consortium which lost 4k on a 1-4 bet back in 2003 I'll not be putting any money on the Bridge this year.  Those odds aren't worth the risk.  Are Hughes' giving anything better?

i reckon Hughes will give better odds than that!!! Hughes will probably give -5 5/6

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

T O Hare

Boylesports
Down SFC Final

28 Sep 16:00    Mayobridge vs Loughinisland            2/9    8/1    4/1   

Super Dupe

Quote from: T O Hare on September 24, 2008, 02:20:14 PM
was reading the Mourne Observer earlier and was amazed to read that Byransford have never won a minor title!!! who was won the most minor titles.. Mayobridge have three 80, 97,99

Rostrevor have 5 -  93, 03, 04, 05 and 07

Think Burren generally dominated Minors.  Clondiff also have a few.

amallon

According to the county website Burren have 8
M.F.C.  1958, 1959, 1960, 1974, 1978, 1988, 1990, 1996

Clonduff have 5
M.F.C.  1985, 1987, 1993, 1994, 1995 

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

the derg

kevin anderson has only played a handful of games for aghaderg this year he has been playing in the states over the summer he did not play in semi final of junior championship yet was there watching .... is he good enough ? he deserves a chance i suppose and has talent but would love him to commit more to club as him and rory simpson could take us to top of divisio 3 but the bain of aghaderg is we are a feeder club for bigger clubs ... the farrell bros annaclone john mcareavey chris mcgovern tullylish marty burns (ok he got married and moved) dan strain drumgath etc

T O Hare

Quote from: the derg on September 24, 2008, 05:32:59 PM
kevin anderson has only played a handful of games for aghaderg this year he has been playing in the states over the summer he did not play in semi final of junior championship yet was there watching .... is he good enough ? he deserves a chance i suppose and has talent but would love him to commit more to club as him and rory simpson could take us to top of divisio 3 but the bain of aghaderg is we are a feeder club for bigger clubs ... the farrell bros annaclone john mcareavey chris mcgovern tullylish marty burns (ok he got married and moved) dan strain drumgath etc

The derg had some great underage players when i was playing, why did John Mc leave???

T O Hare

RGU have 7 titles 1961, 1962, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1976, 1983!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

guevara

Im not calling for MORE Shamrocks men on the panel.
Off the ones already on it I think only Damian Rafferty warrants a place. The fact Hugh Davey is on it is the biggest jke had he ven played a club game before he was called up this summer?

I think this idea of bringing in young guys is our problem guys come in at 20/23 come into panel for 4 & 5 years play none but also miss out on developing through regular club football and as a result never improve.
Lokk at James Colgan fantastic at minor but living on his past glories.

I think the best available at DIV I, II, III, & IV should all get looked at not some young guy who is Mayobridge or Hilltowns 5th or 6th best player.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

T O Hare

Quote from: guevara on September 24, 2008, 06:07:54 PM
Im not calling for MORE Shamrocks men on the panel.
Off the ones already on it I think only Damian Rafferty warrants a place. The fact Hugh Davey is on it is the biggest jke had he ven played a club game before he was called up this summer?

I think this idea of bringing in young guys is our problem guys come in at 20/23 come into panel for 4 & 5 years play none but also miss out on developing through regular club football and as a result never improve.
Lokk at James Colgan fantastic at minor but living on his past glories.

I think the best available at DIV I, II, III, & IV should all get looked at not some young guy who is Mayobridge or Hilltowns 5th or 6th best player.

???????????????????????????????????????????

guevara

What I mean T O'Hare is yes boys like Conor Garvey and Shane O'Hare are good players but its easy to look good in a good team. I think boys like this would be better being told to concentrate on club football until they are ready to cahllenge for places, not just make up a squad list!
To often this has happened ann promising young players come out of a season with the county with basically a year wasted. No county football and very little club football under there belts

People may argue that being with the county is a benefit to young player through dietary & training advice but so many good young players have lost out on critical years of development in terms of playing football from being 29th or 30th man for the county
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

western exile

Quote from: the derg on September 24, 2008, 05:32:59 PM

That is a bit premature is it not?  If I am not mistaken, you are playing Dromara on Saturday evening, and if you lose you will be consigned to Division 4 for another year.
BTW, will you be at full strength on Sat, with Simpson, Anderson et al available?

bredaghgael

Carryduff v Bredagh NOW CANCELLED .

heighway

talkin to some Bridge men today reckon at least 8 pts in it, cant decide if their confident or arrogant! ??? ??? ???