Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Corporal

Apparently Martin Rafferty and Kevin McGuigan have been dropped this year! Im sure it'll be a relief to most people to see McGuigan dropped. Eoin McGuiness was given a chance last year and didnt make it

corn02

When are the Intermediate and Senior finals?

gaahead2008

lads, dont tell me theres another shamrocks man on the panel!!

surely if these lads were of county standard - shamrocks senior football wouldnt be the shambles it is today!!

no more shamrocks men till they prove themselves at club level first!!

stpauls

Quote from: corn02 on September 24, 2008, 12:36:27 PM

Senior & Junior Finals are on Sunday, not sure when the Intermediate is yet though Corn!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: stpauls on September 24, 2008, 01:01:29 PM
Quote from: corn02 on September 24, 2008, 12:36:27 PM

Senior & Junior Finals are on Sunday, not sure when the Intermediate is yet though Corn!

Inter is with Minor in Newry on 12th Oct

corn02

Quote from: gaahead2008 on September 24, 2008, 12:43:39 PM

surely if these lads were of county standard - shamrocks senior football wouldnt be the shambles it is today!!

Well I am not sure what the others onb the panel are like but McGuinness is an excellent player, an a super hurling player to boot.

islandboy

Think its fair to say that the talent is not there- sexton and murtagh are two of the better players and should be in squad.
dont think ross will find any gems in div 3 or 4. if they were good enough we would all know about them. think its best that he brings in young players such as garvey and shane o hare from the bridge and maybe jamie o reilly from our club. no-one older than26/ 27 will realistically be getting called up now.

Lecale2

Quote from: corn02 on September 24, 2008, 01:44:06 PM
Quote from: gaahead2008 on September 24, 2008, 12:43:39 PM

Well I am not sure what the others onb the panel are like but McGuinness is an excellent player, an a super hurling player to boot.

I've never seen him play football but he can certainly hurl!

T O Hare

was reading the Mourne Observer earlier and was amazed to read that Byransford have never won a minor title!!! who was won the most minor titles.. Mayobridge have three 80, 97,99
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Lecale2

Burren & Clonduff have won a load. Clonduff won 3 or 4 in a row in the 1990s.

The Corporal

McGuiness may be a good hurler but he's an average club player at best. Also heard that another fella from Aghaderg got called up - Kevin Anderson. Think he spent 2 years at minor level and a year at U-21 level last year and got bear minimum game time. Is he good enough tho?

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T O Hare on September 24, 2008, 02:20:14 PM
was reading the Mourne Observer earlier and was amazed to read that Byransford have never won a minor title!!! who was won the most minor titles.. Mayobridge have three 80, 97,99

This is only our third final - 1980 & 1991 were the other two, Mickey Linden played against (beat!) us in 80 when we had Francie McKibben (current Manager) coming back from winning the og sport at Gormanstown to play in the final, 91 team was Paul Burns,Aidan Shields etc Ballyholland beat us that day.

Hope you read about the Anti Social behaviour going on in the Bridge Tommy, and meeting the PSNI ;) to sort it out, Either you lot are on the Mundies again or you will be leading a vigilante group to sort the problem out! ;D

T O Hare

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on September 24, 2008, 04:04:40 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on September 24, 2008, 02:20:14 PM

This is only our third final - 1980 & 1991 were the other two, Mickey Linden played against (beat!) us in 80 when we had Francie McKibben (current Manager) coming back from winning the og sport at Gormanstown to play in the final, 91 team was Paul Burns,Aidan Shields etc Ballyholland beat us that day.

Hope you read about the Anti Social behaviour going on in the Bridge Tommy, and meeting the PSNI ;) to sort it out, Either you lot are on the Mundies again or you will be leading a vigilante group to sort the problem out! ;D

Its outsiders, all our young lads are too busy training for the 12th..... ;)

we still would have won in 1980, the manager had his homework done ;D

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

johnneycool

Quote from: Bacon on September 23, 2008, 04:18:53 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 23, 2008, 03:33:30 PM
Quote from: Bacon on September 23, 2008, 11:43:17 AM
IHC final on Saturday in Downpatrick, Liatroim v Portaferry. I'd expect Liatroim to win this. Ports will be missing Dule & Eamon Adair from their semi final win over Newry Shamrocks. Liatoim have improved this year and if they win on Saturday could give Ulster a run.

Are you refereeing it Bacon or have you retired from that?

Mowglie is the referee. No better man!!

Aye, at least he lets it go a bit unlike the walking rule book who got a ribbing by Ger Lock down in Croker in the interprovincial final.

He's hung up the red referees jersey I hear!

8)

amallon

Just checked the odds on Sundays game with Paddypower

Mayobridge (1 - 6 )
Loughinisland (5 - 1)
Draw (9 - 1)

The only club game with more one sided odds is Armagh where Cross are (1 - 14) and Aramgh harps are (8 - 1).  Being part of a consortium which lost 4k on a 1-4 bet back in 2003 I'll not be putting any money on the Bridge this year.  Those odds aren't worth the risk.  Are Hughes' giving anything better?

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.