Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clowry13

Who ever is given the job.. Hopefully POR, needs to have a good back room set up. I think the problem wasn't just mccorry last season he hadn't got the right back room team. Not enough big names. We need a name such as Mciver or Rory Gallagher.

EIREANNACH

Hedgehunter

Either you or the pro heard wrong then.
Down Gaa 2015 Championship Predictions League 3rd place 2015

Aristo 60

Radio Ulster say it'll be announced later today

EIREANNACH

I reckon it will be a joint management team approach.

Sum of all the parts. Shared vision and shared responsibility.
Down Gaa 2015 Championship Predictions League 3rd place 2015

SamFever

Quote from: Hedgehunter on October 21, 2015, 08:44:40 PM
Was told it was to keep an eye out on twitter tonite by the country PRO.. Only snippets I could get was that it's a person that hasn't been mentioned at all in the paper and that it is an in house appointment.
Paul Rooney will love you after repeating that on here

snoopdog

Quote from: SamFever on October 22, 2015, 10:17:15 AM
Was told it was to keep an eye out on twitter tonite by the country PRO.. Only snippets I could get was that it's a person that hasn't been mentioned at all in the paper and that it is an in house appointment.

If it's someone not mentioned in the press and in house. Then who?  Who else would be in the running? Any ideas?
Cathal Murray

whitegoodman

Walsh and Linden?
Linden and Shorty?

Who knows at this stage

Hedgehunter

Quote from: SamFever on October 22, 2015, 10:17:15 AM

Why would that be?? He refused to tell me who it was.. Simple.. Nothing to be getting excited about..

Aristo 60

It'll not be Dawson. He has found gainful employment elsewhere within the County (unconfirmed).

Spike

Quote from: Aristo 60 on October 22, 2015, 02:54:41 PM
It'll not be Dawson. He has found gainful employment elsewhere within the County (unconfirmed).

thank your lucky stars its not Dawson.

washed_up

Sincere sympathies to the family of the late John O'Hanlon (Clonduff) who passed away this week,played against him at under-age level many years ago-he was a good player at that time-R.I.P.

Line Ball

By all accounts there will be no announcement tonight of our new manager.  This saga has become really drawn out and I'm sure we all have no problem waiting, as long as we get the right man.  The speculation on here, in various internet discussions and in the papers has been mad.  Our County Board have had months to sort this out and members were even told a few weeks back that an appointment was imminent yet nothing came of it.  Then the speculation recently that there would be an announcement tonight but yet nothing again.  I think the County Board are scrambling for a credible successor to Mc Corry.  We all have no idea who exactly this man is and probably as important as him is his back room team.  Our wonderful Down Way in action again.

It's also interesting that nearly half of the counties in Ireland have their own Centres of Excellence and the likes of Kerry can raise €5.8 million for theirs http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=245892 yet we still rely on the facilities our clubs and our schools have. 

We are in some state.

gaamann

T O Hare fill us in on the Dawson story are Mayobridge really thinking of giving him the managers job?

SamFever

Quote from: PAULD123 on September 17, 2014, 06:40:13 PM
I was speaking to Mark Turley today - He has been offered the job and it will be official in the next day or two
PAULD123,  In reference to my childishness last week.
See above for your similar behaviour last year prior to Jim McCorry's appointment. Touché!

T O Hare

Quote from: gaamann on October 22, 2015, 10:20:50 PM
T O Hare fill us in on the Dawson story are Mayobridge really thinking of giving him the managers job?

Jody Gormley to take over Downs oldest club lads
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"