Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: No1 on September 13, 2014, 06:44:24 PM
Kilclief 1-18 v Teconnaught 1-8, dunno about the Liatriom result.

Congrats No 1!!!
The Aristocrat Years

No1

Absolutely f**k all to do with me but it was fantastic to see some of our old boys rolling back the years last night! If you transferred 5 Sams I reckon you'd get the number 2 jersey, not sure you could handle East Down football though!  ;D

5 Sams

;D Great stuff. Hope we don't see you in the next 2 or 3 years...unless of course yiz make the big step up!
The Aristocrat Years

Predictor

NEXT YEARS DIVISION

Div: 1
Bryansford
Mayobridge
Castlewellan
Kilcoo
Burren
RGU Downpatrick
Clonduff
Glenn
Rostrevor
Longstone
Annaclone
Ballyholland
Saval
Liatroim
Cumann Pheadair Naofa
Clann na Banna

Div: 2
Tullylish
Loughinisland
An Ríocht
Ballymartin
Bredagh
St John's
Darragh Cross
St John Bosco
Newry Shamrocks
Saul
Atticall
Drumgath
Carryduff
St Colman's Drumaness
Dromara
Kilclief

Div: 3
Mitchels
Dundrum
Bright
St Paul's
Ardglass
Aughlisnafin
Killyleagh
St Michael's GAC, Magheralin
Ballykinlar
Teconnaught
Glasdrumman
Aghaderg

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG

SHEEDY

Big congratulations to down camogie team, all-ireland champions!!! well done to all players and management.
nil satis nisi optimum

5 Sams

Quote from: SHEEDY on September 14, 2014, 08:35:19 PM
Big congratulations to down camogie team, all-ireland champions!!! well done to all players and management.

+1
The Aristocrat Years

johnneycool

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 14, 2014, 08:36:59 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on September 14, 2014, 08:35:19 PM

+1

Was down at it, great come back when it looked like Laois were going to pull away.

Well done to Yukker and Marty in getting them going after the mercenary left them for more money elsewhere.

Lecale2

A man from Down

It's being reported today that McEntee and O'Neill have pulled out of the running for the managers job. I was excited at reports claiming that they would indeed be announced a couple of weeks back but at the same time a wee bit concerned about such media reports coming out without any updates from the county board.

I know there will always be media speculation about these things but I just hope we get the right man in there without a circus coming first. If we look at what happened in Antrim last week, a repeat of that is not what Down football and a new manager needs.

Aristo 60

Reports I'm hearing are that when they learn't that Old Mother Hubbard's (aka Sean Og's) cupboard was bare their appetites were considerably dampened.

Brick Tamlin

Well if that's true then I don't see how its gonna entice many people to take over the reigns.
Maybe they should evaluate where they 'spent' money this last 10 years and perhaps try learn from that.

elk

Kilcoo v Mayobridge looks a cracking match up and has the potential to be the game of the championship with the Bridge starting to show a bit of form, would expect the crowd to be will entertained on the night by this game with some fine players on show. Not so sure if the opening match between the Johnnies and the Point will be much of a contest as most people would have the Point as warm favs -  but you never know in championship football.

Brick Tamlin

Yes you do. 'Point at a Canter.
St Johns don't have a prayer.

Aristo 60

DCB have the safety matches and firelighters all ready to go. Expect white smoke very shortly.

PAULD123

I was speaking to Mark Turley today - He has been offered the job and it will be official in the next day or two