Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

Yes you're right mournerambler it was gregory campbell...just goes to show that all them DUP boys are the same...they're the most bigotted shower, the one group of people where I think it is ok to use the word HATE!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

DownFanatic

Great to see the Ford offering their services to St Johns. Shows what a strong organisation we are. Hopefully, St Johns can rebuild their club houses bigger and better.

Louis Sloan has also been called to the county panel. From what ive seen in Division 2 this year, Peter Fitzpatrick, Conor Maginn and Brendan McArdle would be three very good options for the county panel.

Super Dupe

Quote from: islandboy on September 26, 2008, 04:31:48 PM
Not long to go til sunday. still think we have a good chance of an upset. we are under no pressure, the pressure is all on the bridge. cant wait now. it should be a good hard game of football. good buzz around the village, we should have quite a lot of support with us so there should be a good atmosphere.

I hope your right Island Boy.  But i dont think the Bridge will feel under any pressure at all actually.  They have been there so many times now it will be second nature to them. For Loughinisland however it is something they have never experienced before.  Believe me, it is like nothing else if you havent experienced it before.  As can be seen frm the majority of results in Mayobridges finals, the other team very often crumbles on the day.  Burren, Annaclone, Ourselves all have slumped to heavy defeats to them. 

On the other hand, you could be like the stone, and play out of your skins on the day.  They really should have taken the bridge last year, but that shows exactly what it takes to win it.  You have to play well AND be lucky.  Good luck!!

T O Hare

Quote from: Super Dupe on September 26, 2008, 05:11:27 PM
Quote from: islandboy on September 26, 2008, 04:31:48 PM
Not long to go til sunday. still think we have a good chance of an upset. we are under no pressure, the pressure is all on the bridge. cant wait now. it should be a good hard game of football. good buzz around the village, we should have quite a lot of support with us so there should be a good atmosphere.

I hope your right Island Boy.  But i dont think the Bridge will feel under any pressure at all actually.  They have been there so many times now it will be second nature to them. For Loughinisland however it is something they have never experienced before.  Believe me, it is like nothing else if you havent experienced it before.  As can be seen frm the majority of results in Mayobridges finals, the other team very often crumbles on the day.  Burren, Annaclone, Ourselves all have slumped to heavy defeats to them. 

On the other hand, you could be like the stone, and play out of your skins on the day.  They really should have taken the bridge last year, but that shows exactly what it takes to win it.  You have to play well AND be lucky.  Good luck!!

take it Rostrevor will be supporting the island then  ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

milltown row

while its a terrible thing that happened to St Johns and i hope they do well in the final (i worked with one of their managers for a few years) this type of thing will continue unless the arseholes who go around setting fire to Orange Halls and churches and Gaelic Clubs are caught and jailed.

it has to stop and pricks like Wells and Campbell need to use positives when they address the media. no doubt some p***k who'd possibly burn something else down will feel vindicated for burning down an Orange hall tomorrow night

dundrumite

St. Johns v Bright..... St. Johns
Annaclone v Darragh Cross... Could go either way, sneaky feeling Darragh
Mayobridge v island... Island

supersub

would love to see someone else winnin the championship but can't see past the bridge again. Although the island have a lot of quality i think it could be the same as last year, draw and replay win for the bridge!

BRIDGE LAD

Well just like to say that was an awful thing that happened to St Johns, hope they get over it soon. I know what its like, the bridge changing rooms got a real wrecking and everyone involved with the club were seething! Although this is alot worse.

Well on to sunday, not being arrogant but think we'll win by 8 plus points. Watched Island against Burren, thought they were poor enough. Burren really could have beaten them or at least drew! all they have are 3 maybe 4 decent players on their side!  Bridge too good all over the pitch, with the scoring power of the Sextons, Pluggs, Walsh and of course our Benny!
So hopefully five in a row come sunday! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

gaahead2008

just reading bridge lads comments - i think the bridge are far too cocky and that will work in loughinislands favour,   
If dan can give a big game on sunday and control the middle, ive no doubt the ohare cup will be coming east on sunday evening!
;)

Minus15

umpire

PRFC final result
Mayobridge 1.9 Burren 0.7

umpire

Was going though Loughinisland today and the place is cover with their flags. They were telling me that they are very confidence of taking O'Hare Cup to island tomorrow evening.

Minus15

Division 3 result:

Glasdrumman 3-14
Glenn 1-11

dundrumite

Dannymcfella

Tullylish beat bryansford by a point.

Darragh Cross 0-07 Clann na Banna 1-15 (i think)

For those saying about Kevy Anderson not playing for Aghaderg, he has been with Sigerson and under21 teams and also been injured quite a bit (the mans made of chocolate :D), as far as I know he wasn't allowed to play for Aghaderg on the championship as he was signed for the team in America