Depression

Started by Eamonnca1, October 25, 2013, 09:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 25, 2023, 11:01:24 PM
Seems strange to me, but if everyone involved is OK with it ...

If they have Snapchat or whatever it's normal all the kids are following each other
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GAABoardMod5

Tracking the car in case it is stolen, is not necessarily tracking the driver.

Armagh18

I've heard of women in friend groups that starting doing that after the Sarah Everard case, sort of safety thing among each other.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 26, 2023, 12:21:52 AM
I've heard of women in friend groups that starting doing that after the Sarah Everard case, sort of safety thing among each other.

That makes a lot of sense.

Everyone being on the same page about it is the issue for me, but if so, then yeah.

Armagh18

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on February 25, 2023, 11:19:47 PM
Tracking the car in case it is stolen, is not necessarily tracking the driver.
Yeah a lot of farmers especially would have trackers on machinery etc. Would be fairly common especially with more expensive cars

Eamonnca1

Thanks for all the helpful replies, everyone. I don't have time to respond to each point but I appreciate the supportive messages.

To answer the question about tracking, we put an Airtag in the car long ago for situations like the car getting stolen, or when we forget where we parked, or any other time when one of us just doesn't know where the car is.

Dire Ear

Don't know if this has been mentioned but..... menopause...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dire Ear on March 04, 2023, 11:50:05 PM

I'm depressed listening to her about it!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Dire Ear on March 04, 2023, 11:50:05 PM

Her and two sisters going through it. Not much fun. ( probably my own too but she says nothing about it!)

Dire Ear

Saying nothing is killing people

tbrick18

As I've said before on here, by teenage lad has had his problems.
He had been doing well and was discharged from CAHMS last november.
His older sister recently saw bloodied tissues and broken razor blades in his room and when I confronted him he broke down and admitted he's been cutting himself.
It's an absolute gut punch.
He was very clever about how he was doing it, up high on his legs close to his groin where his underwhere would hide it no matter the circumstances.
He says he hates himself, feels ugly and useless.
So back to the doctors and he has to be re-referred to cahms which takes a min 9 weeks. GP doesn't believe he's suicidal but every time he closes his bedroom door or takes a bath the panic sets in.
The relief when he comes out is just impossible to describe.

We're really trying not to keep asking him how he is as that upsets him too.
It's just so difficult to know what to do or say to help other than tell him he can talk to us any time.
But he doesnt.

My eldest daugther is away at the moment on a ski trip from school and he'd love to do it. I told him he could go next year when he's eligible but he doesnt want to go away with the school. Says he'd want to do it as a family holiday.
So I'm looking into taking him somewhere for a few days, just the two of us as we already have a family holiday booked for the north coast come summer.

Anyone any suggestions? I was thinking Paris maybe as he loves Art.
Prices are ridiculous though.

Any suggestions that might be suitable for a young lad to see the sights and maybe have some teenager type activities?

From the Bunker

Nature is what i find good.

Going on a forest/Hill walk with a mini picnic along the way. Food always tastes better in the open air. Fishing. Camping.

Many of our problems are derived from the modern world and it's surroundings.

It is often easier for people to open up not surrounded by your usual day to day stuff.

I find my kids subconsciously talk more openly when doing stuff like this.

JoG2

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 12, 2023, 11:23:31 AM
Nature is what i find good.

Going on a forest/Hill walk with a mini picnic along the way. Food always tastes better in the open air. Fishing. Camping.

Many of our problems are derived from the modern world and it's surroundings.

It is often easier for people to open up not surrounded by your usual day to day stuff.

I find my kids subconsciously talk more openly when doing stuff like this.

+100 Bunker, the mind eases after a few steps. Tbrick18, ah man, feel for you and the family, can't imagine the stress and anxiety of it. Keep the head up as much as possible

brokencrossbar1

Fully agree with the suggestions of going out in nature. Personally I get an awful lot, and always did get an awful lot, from the sea/ocean. I'd find a beach in the west somewhere, the Atlantic has a healing that is immeasurable. I find my solace in Donegal but it could be anywhere down the west coast. We were in The west last week for a few days and it was amazing. Achill is outstanding and you can just be alone. Head down to Keem,  it's small but it might be what he needs

armaghniac

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 12, 2023, 01:28:54 PM
Fully agree with the suggestions of going out in nature. Personally I get an awful lot, and always did get an awful lot, from the sea/ocean. I'd find a beach in the west somewhere, the Atlantic has a healing that is immeasurable. I find my solace in Donegal but it could be anywhere down the west coast. We were in The west last week for a few days and it was amazing. Achill is outstanding and you can just be alone. Head down to Keem,  it's small but it might be what he needs

Achill is lovely and quiet. However, after this Oscar craic and the hordes of Americans you might be better to go to Malin head.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B