Time to split Tyrone?

Started by Jell 0 Biafra, October 12, 2013, 01:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandchampions08

I don't like tyrone personally but everyone who had the foresight for this has to be applauded. what vision they had to build something like this in this economic times, The younger members of tyrone gaa will reap the rewards of this for many years to come. well done tyrone gaa.
P.S Derry GAA have also got outstanding facilities in owenbeg. pity Down gaa are f**king clowns building our county pitch in Armagh with no room to swing a cat. Which means 70%+ of down gaa members have a 40+minute drive to get to the county pitch which is also beside a slaughter house lovely smells .   

snoopdog

Quote from: islandchampions08 on October 12, 2013, 09:22:24 AM
I don't like tyrone personally but everyone who had the foresight for this has to be applauded. what vision they had to build something like this in this economic times, The younger members of tyrone gaa will reap the rewards of this for many years to come. well done tyrone gaa.
P.S Derry GAA have also got outstanding facilities in owenbeg. pity Down gaa are f**king clowns building our county pitch in Armagh with no room to swing a cat. Which means 70%+ of down gaa members have a 40+minute drive to get to the county pitch which is also beside a slaughter house lovely smells .

While i agree Down are behind the likes of Tyrone, lack of  facilities doesnt prevent Dublin winning All Irelands.
What are you on about. Pairc Esler is in Down. Where would you suggest Down have their county ground and what size should it be?
Down have excellent facilities at St Colmans if they would use them.

islandchampions08

You must be a south down member wat if a hurler from ards wants to play football for down st Coleman's Newry is an 90min one way drive hardly fair ! county ground should have been castlewellan!

Feckitt

Quote from: snoopdog on October 12, 2013, 09:42:03 AM
Quote from: islandchampions08 on October 12, 2013, 09:22:24 AM

While i agree Down are behind the likes of Tyrone, lack of  facilities doesnt prevent Dublin winning All Irelands.
What are you on about. Pairc Esler is in Down. Where would you suggest Down have their county ground and what size should it be?
Down have excellent facilities at St Colmans if they would use them.

Ah Jaysus, come on Snoop Dogg, You must be in denial.  Not this old chestnut again.  Surely by now everyone knows that Pairc Esler is half in Armagh and half in Down, and as for Downs facilities at St Colmans?  County Armagh.

armaghniac

In fairness, the changing rooms in The Marshes are in Down.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on October 12, 2013, 10:44:14 AM

I thought the canal is the county boundary, meaning Pairc Esler is in Down?

Feckitt

Quote from: BennyCake on October 12, 2013, 11:06:23 AM

The counties were there long before the canal was ever built.  The river is the county boundary as it flows right down to Carlingford Lough.

The Marshes is all reclaimed land from that portion where the river becomes lough, and the county boundary runs down the middle of it.  Hence half of Pairc Esler is in County Armagh.

snoopdog

Quote from: Feckitt on October 12, 2013, 11:22:56 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 12, 2013, 11:06:23 AM

The counties were there long before the canal was ever built.  The river is the county boundary as it flows right down to Carlingford Lough.

The Marshes is all reclaimed land from that portion where the river becomes lough, and the county boundary runs down the middle of it.  Hence half of Pairc Esler is in County Armagh.
Ye will be looking to share our 5 All Irelands next

Dougal Maguire

Louth has a good set up at Darver between Dundalk and Ardee. It was obviously built during the boom   The facilities are excellent but last time I was there, which was last year, the Tarmac hadn't been put down giving the complex an unfinished look. Hopefully that's been sorted now
Careful now

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on October 12, 2013, 01:22:14 AM
Eight million Euro? They must be stopped!!

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/tyrone-garvaghey-project-1124677-Oct2013/?utm_source=facebook_short

"It was funded by the GAA and Tyrone patrons with the support of a number of political and development bodies."

What political bodies are funding this ?

bigpaul

Every County Council on the 'Island of Ireland' contributes to a pool that funds capital projects undertaken by community based organisations in Northern Ireland, part of the GFA. 

Mike Sheehy

That's a nice little scam ye have going there. Get funding from your competitors  ;D
Ye have some neck.

cadhlancian

f**k up Sheehy , ye ballbag!

Flutehook

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 13, 2013, 01:24:56 AM
That's a nice little scam ye have going there. Get funding from your competitors  ;D
Ye have some neck.

I trust they used the Kerry Co Co monies for the pisspots and the sh*tters.