Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

Buchanan would bring that other dimension to Lamhs paly, with his size and craft he'll fool the Galls players into a false sense of security. tv adds ten pounds O'Niell, so stay away from the cameras on Sunday :P

do ya think there will be a good crowd at Casement before the Hurling?

saffron sam2

My sources in Strabane tell me that the Tyrone jersey has been stolen off one of the Tinnies, so that would suggest that Buchanan is part of the squad alright. Have heard Chris Scannell and Philly Mulryne are also listed in the squad, but that Cunningham is unlikely to start. Part of the agreement that saw him not signing for St. Gall's earlier this year, I believe.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on September 23, 2008, 09:28:45 PM
Are you boys serious about Buchanan? Is he back playing or are yis just messing?
Any good?

Seems to be a rumour that raises its head now and again when LD are going well. He's a bit of a Canavan character. They've won nothing without him....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I'd say he'd take the medal, photo, book and a pastie butty.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rasmatazz:)

So what you r saying is that st galls can't win the championship, So the boys come away from dublin at the weekend with the  ALL IRELAND 7'S CHAMPS , (3RD TIME IN HISTROY ) and some off u guys have a cheek to say that it's lams all the way , im sure the boys at miltown row should just stay home on sunday , Answer me this , what has lamb derg done in the last 10yrs off football from under 21 upward to this date , records don't lie , only journalists do that do not have a clue on how to give match reports . Bring on sunday
Quote from: ONeill on September 23, 2008, 08:39:45 PM
Kevin McGourty looked a bit weighty at the 7s, big journalist-outing dinners the cause I'd imagine. Kieran McGourty's a 7s player and can only make it up and down mini-pitches with his small lungs. Terry O'Neill's too slow and has red hair. Karl Stewart's a hurler and has reddish hair. Veronica may be going shopping.

Lamhs can win this.

Paddy Cunningham's 100% and will notch 2-10. I was driving past Hannahstown today and saw him being coached by Buchanan - the oul stalwart was hitting them over from the left and right from over 60m out, probably demoralising Cunningham in the process. Lamhs could do worse than getting oul Buchanan patched up and onto the field for a 10-minute cameo towards the end. Not easily dispossessed and with the years of experience dripping off his greying bonce he could be the winning of it.

Quote from: milltown row on September 22, 2008, 10:15:33 PM
yeah there would be, years of defeat have made it a hostile match. late night handbags outside Thompsons, kissed and made up and no trouble since...........the next time, Sunday night at Thompsons this weekend i believe. 8)

Will see u there ,chichester street first though

Glensman

Ras, what age are you?
Read O'Neill's post again and see if there was any seriousness behind it...although all may arguably be true...there is alot of red hair.

I really hope St Galls feel like they have to right a few wrongs (including the incidents outside Thompsons) and completely hammer LD. They certainly have the firepower.
St Galls by 7.

Glens man i take it you don't like the derg , felling your love  ;D

corn02

I know a lot of you will be mad to get to this. You can read about the tragedy and the Gearld Fearon appeal at www.gfmemorialday.com. I am sure youhave read about it in the news over the last two years. A lot more names to be added that I will update, anyone likely to head?

In case you cant see the writing it is Armagh v An allstar select managed by Joe Kernan and Mickey Harte:

Ref:Pat McEnaney

Players: include : Kierna McGeeney, Conor Mortimer, Graham Geraghty, Paddy Bradley, Seanie Johnston, Paul Barden, Karol Mannion, Eamon O'Hara, Ross Munnelly, Brian Dooher, BRyan Cullen, Marty McGrath.

Saturday, October 18th. Dromintee.

Golden Oldies too - names to be revealed.

PlayWithTheWind

any more progress on a manager being appointed?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

PlayWithTheWind

St Galls  V  Lamh Dhearg
0-15             0-10
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

milltown row

hit two belters Hardstation

game was as boring as i predicted, Lamhs going hard first half nothing left second, our boys did not even get out of first gear.

Glensman

It may have been a canter boys but a longer report required, please.

I only arrived in for the wee ball game.

Micko hit James McCartan?

Am not sure about the St Galls bench comments. CJ for sure, who else?

imtommygunn

Awful game Glensman. First half Lamh Dhearg did a Tyrone and applied a load of pressure on the ball when St Galls had it. This meant they'd a few turnovers and kicked points from them so first half pretty much tit for tat.

HT LD 0-8 Galls 0-7

Second half different story altogether
Ciaran McGourty kicked some good points and the theme of Lamh Dhearg seemed to be to kick the ball down Sean Kelly's throat who was superb and having a field day. Kevin McGourty won lots of ball in FF line but seemed more intent in running round in circles with it but Aodhan Gallagher started to clean up in midfield and was breaking every tackle with surging runs. Andy McLean was cleaning up in FB too. CJ came on and scored two points of real quality too. The game was over half way through the second half. Ciaran Gallagher was skinning his man for fun too. In fact from 1-15 in the second half st galls were on top - including against the Herron's, Cunningham and that young Murray boy who I've heard is a great prospect but looked poor today.

The game was notable for the soccer type attitude of both sets of fans... St Galls with their ole at the end when they were playing keep ball and just passing it among themselves and LD fans for their chant of "red and white army" a la Norn Iron's chant.

Massive row on the steps leading to the changing rooms at HT too. McCartan walked in and some boy tried to send him flying. He started swinging and all hell broke loose.... Plenty of digs thrown.