Stephen Ireland - King of the Langers

Started by Kerry Mike, March 04, 2011, 09:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 04, 2011, 10:50:02 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 04, 2011, 10:34:56 AM
He is a tr**p of the highest order, glad Villa are shot of him.

Calling someone a tr**p is a bit harsh don't you think?
What makes someone a tr**p these days?

It's not like he raped someone,killed someone by drink driving,beat his wife or even set out to end another professionals career with a pre mediated horror tackle.
He is a highly talented footballer who quite obviously has a few mental issues,he doesn't want to play for his country which I really can't fathom at all but we are better off without him if he doesn't want to play.
The guy has a serious chip on his shoulder and needs to see a shrink IMO,but calling him a tr**p.. really?
:D - holy shit, been a tough week has it??

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Cold tea on March 04, 2011, 10:55:57 AM

It's not like he raped someone,killed someone by drink driving,beat his wife or even set out to end another professionals career with a pre mediated horror tackle.
He is a highly talented footballer who quite obviously has a few mental issues,he doesn't want to play for his country which I really can't fathom at all but we are better off without him if he doesn't want to play.
The guy has a serious chip on his shoulder and needs to see a shrink IMO,but calling him a tr**p.. really?

Saying someone has a few mental issues because he doesn't want to play for his country is a bit harsh don't you think?

I didn't say he had a few mental issues because he doesn't want to play for his country.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

haranguerer

Fair f**ks to him. Better than everyone else who thinks this stuff but would never (prob cos they've more sense in fairness) say it.

Hes not likeable, but hes refreshing. Why should he play for Ireland or anyone else if he doesnt want to?

J OGorman

Quote from: haranguerer on March 04, 2011, 11:12:10 AM
Fair f**ks to him. Better than everyone else who thinks this stuff but would never (prob cos they've more sense in fairness) say it.

Hes not likeable, but hes refreshing. Why should he play for Ireland or anyone else if he doesnt want to?

my hole. No one benefits from this, especially Stephen Ireland. Most folk have some built in common sense that stops us saying stuff that doesn't warrant saying

Cold tea

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 04, 2011, 10:56:51 AM
Quote from: Cold tea on March 04, 2011, 10:55:57 AM

Saying someone has a few mental issues because he doesn't want to play for his country is a bit harsh don't you think?

I didn't say he had a few mental issues because he doesn't want to play for his country.

Do you know for a fact he has mental issues, if not bit harsh don't you think?

fitzroyalty

There's a difference between having mental issues and being a yappy p***k. He doesn't like Mancini, doesn't seem to like Houllier and doesn't like Trappatoni despite having never played under him. Ireland are better without a primadonna like him anyway. He's not fit to wear the jersey.

haranguerer

Quote from: J OGorman on March 04, 2011, 12:05:38 PM

my hole. No one benefits from this, especially Stephen Ireland. Most folk have some built in common sense that stops us saying stuff that doesn't warrant saying

Whats your point? That everyone should only say stuff they benefit from??!

That noone should give their actual views, unless they conform to the norm? Quality world you're envisioning there. Work in PR, do you?

mylestheslasher

I think he should be forced to live in Cork.

anglocelt39

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 04, 2011, 01:16:57 PM
I think he should be forced to live in Cork.

He was forced to live in Cork Myles which possibly explains a lot, ditto for some Keane bloke whose first name escapes me corkman with inferiority complex thought he was only as good as everybody else etc.

Stevie is clearly an interviewers dream, you'd love to hear the full text of interviews and how he is set up for some of the soundbites. Interviewer..........."Mr. Mancini who turfed you out of Man C where you spent 8 years as an apprentice and has since spent 300 million buying in a group of posing pussies hasn't exactly had huge Success don't you think Stephen??" and cue rant. Kind of reminds me of former Ozzie rugby great David Campese who had an unfortunate habit of opening his mouth before he engaged his brain. Made great copy mind, and Campo had a lot more to talk about in terms of his achievements than our Stevie.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

J OGorman

Quote from: haranguerer on March 04, 2011, 01:14:56 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on March 04, 2011, 12:05:38 PM

Whats your point? That everyone should only say stuff they benefit from??!

That noone should give their actual views, unless they conform to the norm? Quality world you're envisioning there. Work in PR, do you?

my point is that your initial point re Stephen Ireland mouthing off as 'refreshing' and 'fair f$%ks' was complete cak

Arthur_Friend

Doesn't take much to start a fight round here :D

GalwayBayBoy

The guy is an absolute clown who has had one good season as a professional footballer and has fallen out with people everywhere he's been. From his ridiculous cars to his tacky as f**k houses to the roadkill he had transplanted onto the top of his little baldy head. A complete f**king idiot.

Banana Man

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 04, 2011, 02:08:39 PM
The guy is an absolute clown who has had one good season as a professional footballer and has fallen out with people everywhere he's been. From his ridiculous cars to his tacky as f**k houses to the roadkill he had transplanted onto the top of his little baldy head. A complete f**king idiot.

:D  :D  :D

deiseach

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 04, 2011, 09:36:03 AM
Ireland revisited the lies he told about his grandmothers having died back in September 2007 and claimed they were "a pretext".

Is he saying that the final explanation - his girlfriend having a miscarriage - was a lie too? No surprise there

rrhf

Just another run of the mill soccor player.  Is he any worse that Terry, Cole, Bellamy or any of them guys.  I wouldnt be surprised.  If you play a dick's sport, drive a dick's car, act like a dick and talk like a dick, 9 out of 10 times you're probably a bit of a dick.