Pixmania.com

Started by The Real Laoislad, December 29, 2010, 09:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Has anyone ever bought off these?
I want to buy a few lenses for my DSLR and they seem to be way cheaper than any other place.
On one lens they are almost 200yoyos cheaper than a camera shop in Dublin city.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mylestheslasher

Yeh, I've bought from them and they are legit.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 29, 2010, 09:01:03 PM
Has anyone ever bought off these?
I want to buy a few lenses for my DSLR and they seem to be way cheaper than any other place.
On one lens they are almost 200yoyos cheaper than a camera shop in Dublin city.
Bought a video camera from them years ago and couldn't fault them. Based in France i think but delivery was pretty swift.

Lar Naparka

I bought a Canon Mp 550 printer  from Pixmania recently and the price was almost €50 less than the nextt cheapest one I came across. It came from Paris inside a week and the whole transaction was hassle-free. I'd have no problem doing business there again.
Mind you, I've heard of a couple of complaints where the purchasers were unhappy with the transactions but as I didn't get the details, I can't say whether they were justified or not.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ziggysego

A bought a wee digital camera off them about 4/5 years ago. Good value and had no problems with the camera. Speedy delivery also.
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 29, 2010, 10:42:56 PM
Mind you, I've heard of a couple of complaints where the purchasers were unhappy with the transactions but as I didn't get the details, I can't say whether they were justified or not.

Bought a few bits and pieces off them a few years ago, and whilst there were no problems with the items or their delivery, their customer service is a nightmare.

If you have issues of any description, and if they don't fit one of their preconfigured pro forma computerised templates, then forget it, i.e., just trying to contact them on a personal contact basis is next to impossible (or at least it was).

Edit Interesting webpage: Pixmania Customer Service
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Bud Wiser

Interesting web page but the service from all companies was bad when internet shopping was  in its infancy.  I have bought more over the internet since 2006 than ever before.  From my own experience one can get bogged down in the research end of things and in particular when researching medical conditions or trying to do self diagnosis and this can be dangerous if you do not realise the info is outdated.

As regards yer man on the website he set up to get at Pixmania, well I was kinda with him until the point where I canme to :
QuoteDear Sirs
In the interest of fairness, which is a British characteristic,
and I started thinking so I sent him a link to some details about the Birmingham Six and a few other sites to keep his mind of trivial things like a mobile phone.  :)
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bud Wiser on December 30, 2010, 11:55:24 AM
As regards yer man on the website he set up to get at Pixmania, well I was kinda with him until the point where I canme to :
QuoteDear Sirs
In the interest of fairness, which is a British characteristic,
and I started thinking so I sent him a link to some details about the Birmingham Six and a few other sites to keep his mind of trivial things like a mobile phone.  :)

True Bud, when I came to that lovely little bit of franco-bashing I suppressed the severe urge to puke profusely! ;) And well done on the enlightenment, he's no doubt so grateful!  :D

There are a few other links on that webpage, and as someone else says just google 'Pixmania customer service', or 'Pixmania complaints'. It seems that they aren't too much better these days.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

David McKeown

Not a fan of pixmania although they are legit and are owned by DSG afaik which also owns Dixons, Currys and PC World.  Tried buy a few things off them earlier this year only for them to tell me they had decided their price was 'vulgar' (a concept of French law) and that I had 24 hours to cancel my order or they would charge my credit card the increased price.  I cancelled order but they continue to Spam me and wont remove me from their mailing lists
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner