Death of a Kangaroo at Dublin Birthday party.

Started by The Real Laoislad, October 19, 2010, 06:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Inquiry after Kangaroo released at hotel party

Gardaí are investigating an incident in which an animal, believed to be a kangaroo, was released onto the dance floor of a hotel in Dublin on Saturday night.

The incident took place during a 30th birthday party at the Clarion Hotel in Liffey Valley in Dublin.
Video footage shows a man picking up and swinging the animal while the theme tune to 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo' is played in the background.

Hotel management and the Dublin Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals have said they are horrified by the incident.
Gardaí say they are investigating reports that the animal later died.
General Manager of the hotel, Garret Marrinan, said that they became aware of the incident when the manager on duty noticed a commotion on the dance floor.

When he went to investigate he saw what he believed was a large dog and instructed security to remove it.
By the time security arrived the animal and the box it was in had disappeared.

He said the hotel did not know it was a kangaroo until they were contacted by gardaí yesterday.
The hotel has passed on CCTV footage of the incident to help gardaí with their investigation.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shamrock Shore

Scumbags allegedly forced drink and drugs into the poor animal.

What a shower of cnuts  >:(

ross4life

I'm just after reading this story on the newspaper! WTF is the world coming to?

i hope those guys involved get the works  >:(
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Capt Pat

I cant beleive it a kangaroo at a party and I wasn't invited.

armaghniac

This will set the tone for the Aussie Rules gig.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Wasn't there a penguin stolen from the Zoo recently and let off in Dublin city centre recently as well ?

There must have been drugs in more than the kanagaroo.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 19, 2010, 06:47:12 PM

Inquiry after Kangaroo released at hotel party

Gardaí are investigating an incident in which an animal, believed to be a kangaroo, was released onto the dance floor of a hotel in Dublin on Saturday night.

The incident took place during a 30th birthday party at the Clarion Hotel in Liffey Valley in Dublin.
Video footage shows a man picking up and swinging the animal while the theme tune to 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo' is played in the background.

Hotel management and the Dublin Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals have said they are horrified by the incident.
Gardaí say they are investigating reports that the animal later died.
General Manager of the hotel, Garret Marrinan, said that they became aware of the incident when the manager on duty noticed a commotion on the dance floor.

When he went to investigate he saw what he believed was a large dog and instructed security to remove it.
By the time security arrived the animal and the box it was in had disappeared.

He said the hotel did not know it was a kangaroo until they were contacted by gardaí yesterday.
The hotel has passed on CCTV footage of the incident to help gardaí with their investigation.

:D

I'm not one for advocating animal cruelty but that has to be one of the funniest things I have read in ages. Complete scene. I'd say that party was some craic if that's what was going on.

longrunsthefox

Not that funny. I'm sure the poor kangaroo was hoping mad  ::)

ONeill

Nothing remotely funny in that at all, in my opinion.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

People like this, the pedos, rapist, murderers, bank raiders, idiot drivers should all be sent to Spike Island to do a Royal Rumble style last man/woman standing, then the winner gets to live on Rockall to establish our soverignty.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ONeill on October 19, 2010, 07:27:28 PM
Nothing remotely funny in that at all, in my opinion.
Only a c*unt would find the distress of an animal to be funny. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 19, 2010, 07:24:21 PM

:D

I'm not one for advocating animal cruelty but that has to be one of the funniest things I have read in ages. Complete scene. I'd say that party was some craic if that's what was going on.
This has to be one of the most moronic posts I have ever read on here though it doesn't surprise me given who posted it
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

The Worker

Apart from zoos, where else on this island would you find a kangaroo?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 19, 2010, 07:34:34 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 19, 2010, 07:27:36 PM
People like this, the pedos, rapist, murderers, bank raiders, idiot drivers should all be sent to Spike Island to do a Royal Rumble style last man/woman standing, then the winner gets to live on Rockall to establish our soverignty.

FFS! wise up... this was wrong but hardly comparable to pedos and rapists...

People who hurt animals physically (like here) or humans such as pedos, rapists, murderers, raiders and idiot drivers are all the same. c***ts.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.