5 Irish acts you must see before you die.

Started by muppet, September 28, 2010, 04:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCMLX

Quote from: stephenite on October 01, 2010, 10:34:47 AM
Ash were the worst live act I've ever seen

Im not really a fan of Ash, but they have always been very good anytime I have seen them.

Billys Boots are A House still together?

thejuice

Since there aren't any Irish bands or even bands from elsewhere that I would ever feel I need to see before I die, (before they die, possibly), I just thought I'd throw up a list of Irish bands that I like that haven't been mentioned and where they're from.

1. Primordial (Dublin)
2. Mourning Beloveth (Laois, Donegal, elsewhere)
3. I'll Eat Your Face (Cork)
4. Glyder (Wicklow)
5. For Ruin (Cork)
6. Mael Mordha (from parts unknown to me)
7. William Christ and the One Man 0rgy (Belfast)
8. Gama Bomb (Belfast, Dublin)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Billys Boots

QuoteBillys Boots are A House still together?

Not that I'm aware of anyway - Dave Couse does a show now and again on Today FM. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Maguire01

Quote from: MCMLX on October 01, 2010, 12:07:02 PM
Quote from: stephenite on October 01, 2010, 10:34:47 AM
Ash were the worst live act I've ever seen

Im not really a fan of Ash, but they have always been very good anytime I have seen them.

Ash are great live. I've seen them around 20 times and they've always been great.

thejuice

Aye, seen Ash twice back in the 90's, definitely a great live band.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Dinny Breen

Quote from: stephenite on October 01, 2010, 03:48:14 AM
Quote from: ross4life on September 28, 2010, 05:23:28 PM
3 Irish bands from the 90s for someone that might what to see them?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&q=REVERBERATION+TOUR+&search.x=0&search.y=0

No way - Power of Dreams are back touring. Suppose there's not much chance of making it to Sydney

All I know is they have never been to Texas...

Surprised My Bloody Valentine haven't been mentioned..
#newbridgeornowhere

Maguire01

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 02, 2010, 08:32:35 AM
Surprised My Bloody Valentine haven't been mentioned..
They're generally mentioned in 'Albums you must own', but not live. I saw a bit of them once @ Electric Picnic. Wasn't up to much to be honest.

stephenite

MCMLX

Much too much, lads. 2 Hell with common sense.

Maguire01

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 01, 2010, 04:54:55 PM
QuoteBillys Boots are A House still together?

Not that I'm aware of anyway - Dave Couse does a show now and again on Today FM.
He has done a fair bit of solo stuff too as far as I know.

ross4life

Corrs not mention yet, wouldn't be a big fan of there music but wouldn't mind meeting Sharon,Andrea,Caroline  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Saffrongael

Christy Dignam receiving end of life care, very sad
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Orior

In no particular order:

U2
Boomtown Rats
The Indians
Joe Dolan
Josef Locke
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thejuice

Going to see Primordial in a couple of weeks in Birmingham. Probably the 5th time to see them. Great live band.

It's a tough time for bands now after Covid as many venues have disappeared, and those that survive are taking a cut of bands merchandise sales which is basically the last real revenue stream for bands that aren't well established now that streaming has killed album sales and it pays a pittance.

So make the effort to go see bands, buy their CD or T-shirts directly from them and tell venue's to stop taking a cut from merchandise sales otherwise don't expect to see your favourite bands anytime before you or they die.