Lunches

Started by The Real Laoislad, August 18, 2010, 08:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Fairly sick of Hang sandwiches for my lunch,anyone any suggestions..?
Did try and experiment with Pitta breads a few times but its a pain making them at night.
Don't want to fall back into the trap of buying lunch everyday as your looking at at least €15 a day so it all adds up over the week/month.
I hate making lunches the night before and I'm never in form to make them in the morning.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

15 euro a day!! what the hell are you buying?

I bought lunches there every day for the last 2 months - dread to think how much money I wasted (and I was only spending 3 or 4 quid LL!) but since last week I'm back to making them.  I'd love some ideas too.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 18, 2010, 08:27:52 PM

I bought lunches there every day for the last 2 months - dread to think how much money I wasted (and I was only spending 3 or 4 quid LL!) but since last week I'm back to making them.  I'd love some ideas too.

Sandwich about €5
Bottle Water/Coke €2
Chocolate €2
Tayto €1
Another sandwich later on €5
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 18, 2010, 08:32:34 PM

Sandwich about €5
Bottle Water/Coke €2
Chocolate €2
Tayto €1

The last time I was at home I got a manky sandwich in Dublin airport and it cost about 5 euro, I thought the ridiculous price was down to it being at the airport but the price of things in the south is f**king ridiculous.
You could do without the second sandwich though.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 18, 2010, 08:36:30 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 18, 2010, 08:32:34 PM

Sandwich about €5
Bottle Water/Coke €2
Chocolate €2
Tayto €1

The last time I was at home I got a manky sandwich in Dublin airport and it cost about 5 euro, I thought the ridiculous price was down to it being at the airport but the price of things in the south is f**king ridiculous.
You could do without the second sandwich though.

I set off a 7am most mornings with no breakfast(never in form for it) so have first sandwich around 10am the next at around 2pm.
Was working near a big shopping centre last week full of Burger Kings and Maccy D's etc,it was torture first few days not going to one at lunch but I eventually broke and went on thursday and friday  :-[
I wouldn't mind but I had hang sandwiches in the van for lunch on both days..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

winsamsoon

Wing a bit of chicken and cheese with a few Peppers and seasoned lol into a Pita. Invest in one of them sandwich toasting bags (cheap as in tesco) . If you have access to a toaster 3 mins then it's the dogs charlie . Careful of the knuckles :D ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

lurganblue

Lads I hate making lunches too but the last few weeks I've been trying to change it about a little. Get the microwave pasta dishes from tesco - 3 for a fiver or something like that. I like the microwave rice too and of course some soup and bread. All dependent on kitchen facilities at work of course.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lurganblue on August 18, 2010, 08:45:53 PM
Lads I hate making lunches too but the last few weeks I've been trying to change it about a little. Get the microwave pasta dishes from tesco - 3 for a fiver or something like that. I like the microwave rice too and of course some soup and bread. All dependent on kitchen facilities at work of course.

Don't have a microwave in the Cafe de Renault Trafic....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

You need to get some salad into your sandwiches and a bit of something spicy. Some of those sandwich fillers like Mexican chicken, chilli chicken etc with salad are tasty. Roast beef or turkey. Mix up the types of bread too. Soup in a flask etc. is tasty, especially coming into the colder weather.

I'm a fan of leftover pasta, curry, chilli etc. but at a wild guess I'd say you don't have a microwave in the van! Maybe you could cook something on the engine!!!

paco

It's not that hard to make a few sandwiches then throw in a few pieces of fruit, biscuits or whatever you like, or is it? Agree with Tony, I get Mexican chicken and that Piri Piri chicken out of Tesco and they're both very nice.

Orior

"Lunch is for whimps"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 18, 2010, 09:39:57 PM
Can you not claim lunch as an expense?

As in putting it against my vat returns?
I must send Shamrock Shore a text.....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hereiam

Have been making lunches for the last year and a half. Would not go back to buying at work. Best thing I ever did. I usually just stick with the ham as it requires no pre thought but when the wife makes them it shows you what they should be like.

screenexile

Buy my lunch every day and after making my own lunch I can see no real saving in it. By the time I buy a drink, few bags of crisps, chocolate bar and my actual lunch I'm spending £5 a day anyway so I may as well enjoy someone else making it for me.

The Real Laoislad

Best Avatar ever Hereiam  :o...fair play

You'll Never Walk Alone.