Great thread on P.ie - You need to read this.

Started by Zapatista, August 14, 2010, 10:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Read this thread. If you don't have the time I advice you make the time.

Fianna Fáil, Tullow Oil & Uganda

http://www.politics.ie/foreign-affairs/135015-fianna-fail-tullow-oil-uganda.html

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Has this reached the papers or airwaves yet Zap? I read in about 8 pages and skipped to the end, noticed on page 15 some lad has made a jpg image graph to show the various links.

Alot of different issues arising here. This thread could nearly be divided into 4 or 5 different issues. It looks very bad for the Government and bad for Ireland too to be honest.

Zapatista

I don't think so. There are a few comments on how the papers would be afraid to touch it.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Zapatista on August 14, 2010, 12:40:36 PM
I don't think so. There are a few comments on how the papers would be afraid to touch it.

Seems the posters on here not too interested in it either  :-X

Zapatista

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 14, 2010, 06:50:27 PM

Thar may be down to the fact that it was me that posted it?

I'd call this an issue of National importance. This could be treason at the highest levels of Irish society being exposed post by post. It's a great insight onto investigative journalism too.

Cde

could also be down to the title name, I thought it was something to do with maths

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Zapatista on August 14, 2010, 08:13:43 PM

I'd call this an issue of National importance. This could be treason at the highest levels of Irish society being exposed post by post. It's a great insight onto investigative journalism too.

Nobody's going to plough through eighteen pages of blather unless you can tell them why it's worth their while. Vague stuff about issues of great national importance don't cut it. We've heard that before. Give us 200 words on what it's about, so the nation may be informed.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Zapatista on August 14, 2010, 08:13:43 PM

Some of those posters seem to be journos, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was an odd politician as well as concerned citizens at work there.

3 or 4 of the issues there may be run by a newspaper, but the elephant in the room will be kept at arms length.

Zapatista

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 14, 2010, 08:46:15 PM
Nobody's going to plough through eighteen pages of blather unless you can tell them why it's worth their while. Vague stuff about issues of great national importance don't cut it. We've heard that before. Give us 200 words on what it's about, so the nation may be informed.

After the opening post some poster started to expand on the topic. The gist of it is that there may be links between Irish Aid, Tullow Oil, FF, Traidlink, Irish Foreign aid, Tax Payers money, Corrupt Ugandan Government, Military spending and so on.

When they gathered a few pieces of the puzzle they placed them together and came up with this

http://www.scribd.com/doc/35868094/2

They are also following the money which is detailed throughout the thread.

There are still pieces missing that they are trying to put together.

IolarCoisCuain

Thanks for getting back to me Zapatista.

What gets me in stories like this are the missing pieces. I'm always inclined to wonder how many pieces are missing and the reason they're missing is because they don't exist in the first place and the story doesn't add up.

I'm generally distrustful of conspiracy theories. People are too eager to jump to conclusions. But I guess we'll wait and see.