Louth the real champions of Leinster 2010

Started by whiskeysteve, July 11, 2010, 04:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: Frank Casey on July 11, 2010, 04:10:35 PM
Should never have come to the "goal" deciding matters. Louth had chances to put the match out of meath's reach.

Fcuk that sorta chat winds me up. They missed chances but that doesnt take away from the fact that they still were robbed/cheated and FULLY deserved to win.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 11, 2010, 05:04:25 PM
Should never have come to the "goal" deciding matters. Louth had chances to put the match out of meath's reach.

Fcuk that sorta chat winds me up. They missed chances but that doesnt take away from the fact that they still were robbed/cheated and FULLY deserved to win.
There's a few on here and you'd think they were on croke park's payroll, trying to deflect attention.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

sammymaguire

Louth are deserving Champions following that display this afternoon, they should have walked off the field when the ref was adamant in awarding the goal

GAA has gone down hill in a big way in my eyes this afternoon  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

magpie seanie

Absolutely. Its irrelevant but symptomatic of the idiot culture that surrounds us.

Club Rossa

Gutted for Louth to lose in the circumstances that they did,will be very hard for them to take.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

faithful7

Well done Louth. Hope Meath are men enough to conceed a re-match. Follow Jer Loughnane's example of a a few year ago!

Most unsatisfactory. Louth were the better team and do not deserve the mess made by officials. How could umpires not have spotted 2 blatent infringements - forward in the square and the throw over the line. who picks these fellows?

faithful7

well done Louth! If Meath are men enough they will concede to a re-match just like Ger Loughnane did a few years back. Louth were the better team and deserved to win. Inexperience meant they missed some chances but that doesn't take from the fact that they should have lifted the trophy today. Louth are the champs in my opinion. Who picks these umpires? two blatant fouls in the square and the two boyos stand idly by. Go h-uafásach....

Celt_Man

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 11, 2010, 05:59:55 PM

Absolutely. Its irrelevant but symptomatic of the idiot culture that surrounds us.

Agree 100% the fact is that Louth did do enough to win.  They were two points in front in the last minute of injury time and Meath were awarded a goal they didn't score...  absolute disgrace
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Louth Exile

I like this thread  :)

The Cup is in Meath, but the Champions are in Louth, Very Louth and Proud. Went to the Fairways just to clap the lads off the bus, they were awesome today, they showed a bit of white line fever alright, but far better team on the day. Today was our Day!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: faithful7 on July 11, 2010, 08:21:15 PM
well done Louth! If Meath are men enough they will concede to a re-match just like Ger Loughnane did a few years back.
Ger Loughnane and Clare didn't concede anything years ago. They argued that the result should have stood.
The rule book allowed for a replay however.

tyssam5

They should just do away with umpires, refs never seem to pay them any attention anyway. When's the last time one did something useful

Orior

Good to see the Wee county stepping out from the shadow of Armagh. Well, nearly.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DuffleKing

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 12, 2010, 12:12:04 AM
I like this thread  :)

The Cup is in Meath, but the Champions are in Louth, Very Louth and Proud. Went to the Fairways just to clap the lads off the bus, they were awesome today, they showed a bit of white line fever alright, but far better team on the day. Today was our Day!

The cup and the champions are in meath.

This sort of yapping really really gets my goat.

If Louth don't get refocussed very quickly they'll waste a good opportunity in the qualifiers