Breaking News: The replay is on Saturday

Started by Kerry Mike, July 12, 2010, 07:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Cork looking for replay of 1993 Football final where Tony Davis was sent off for shouldering a Derry player.

Main Street

Quote from: Declan on July 13, 2010, 02:43:04 PM
QuoteWhat was the story with Jimmy and the Pope???
Jimmy was missing from Dublin's team in the 79 final  and it was all the Pope's fault. He was due to visit Ireland at the end of September 1979, the final was brought forward to the 16th of the month, meaning that the bould Jimmy remained suspended (he'd have been available to play had it gone ahead on the fourth Sunday of September as per usual

I thought Jimmy Keaveney was the man they called 'the Pope' ;D

Logan

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 13, 2010, 02:44:08 PM
Cork looking for replay of 1993 Football final where Tony Davis was sent off for shouldering a Derry player.
With his elbow, while Cahallane knocked Gormleys teeth out

blanketattack

Quote from: Declan on July 13, 2010, 02:43:04 PM
QuoteWhat was the story with Jimmy and the Pope???
Jimmy was missing from Dublin's team in the 79 final  and it was all the Pope's fault. He was due to visit Ireland at the end of September 1979, the final was brought forward to the 16th of the month, meaning that the bould Jimmy remained suspended (he'd have been available to play had it gone ahead on the fourth Sunday of September as per usual

What did he do to deserve a 2 month suspension (presuming Leinster final was in the 3rd week of July)

Kerry Mike

QuoteEugene McGee was quoting this on Newstalk this morning.

I hope I was credited with the piece, we would hate to think there is another Ray Silke "borrowing" stuff off here for their own use.

So what about it Eugene are we on for a replay, you ruined my childhood with "that goal"?

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

muppet

Imagine you all were Greek Gods. Anyway someone dies tragically and you have the opportunity bring them back to life. I can see you now engaging in hours of hours of whatabout him and whatabout her until the opportunity has passed. Then you would congratulate yourselves for not setting a precedent.
MWWSI 2017