Longford v Mayo 26th June

Started by Redgreenery, June 13, 2010, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: LaurelEye on June 26, 2010, 10:14:09 PM
Quote from: Redgreenery on June 26, 2010, 10:12:12 PM
Wow, what a bad match. One of the worst i've been at ever. Mayo were more pathetic than Longford and good riddance to Johonno. Major redo of the whole mayo team needed.

Thanks for the compliments.

we certainly deserve more credit than that. the lads worked their bollockses off. dowd was immense.

Redgreenery

Wow, what a bad match. One of the worst i've been at ever. Mayo were more pathetic than Longford and good riddance to Johonno. Major redo of the whole mayo team needed.

Sorry about the above, no offence to Longford intended! Just sickened after a horrible day! Best of luck to ye in the rest of the championship lads! Ye done us a favour in the longrun Longfordians, and for that I am grateful!

LaurelEye

Quote from: Redgreenery on June 26, 2010, 10:18:15 PM
Sorry about the above, no offence to Longford intended! Just sickened after a horrible day! Best of luck to ye in the rest of the championship lads! Ye done us a favour in the longrun Longfordians, and for that I am grateful!

No problem.

Just think of us as having brought you - and all the other modest, gracious Mayo supporters - your annual reality check a bit earlier than usual. I'm sure there'll be someone else along next year to continue the tradition.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Rossfan

Now maybe ye Longford lads will understand why we don't love our Western neighbours  :D
Well done again Longford ...hope our lads can take inspiration from ye.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

FL/MAYO

Told a Longford friend of mine last week that all was not well in the Mayo camp and that Longford could win. Congrats to Longford from what I heard on Mid West they seemed like a far hungrier team. On the plus side Freeman seems like a great prospect but then again so did Aiden O'Shea this time last year :'(

Dinny Breen

Well done Longford, got a great cheer in Newbridge when the result came in. Delighted for Glenn.
#newbridgeornowhere

Chimley

Quote from: LaurelEye on June 26, 2010, 10:21:39 PM
Quote from: Redgreenery on June 26, 2010, 10:18:15 PM

No problem.

Just think of us as having brought you - and all the other modest, gracious Mayo supporters - your annual reality check a bit earlier than usual. I'm sure there'll be someone else along next year to continue the tradition.

It is a sad day for Mayo football fans and I am sure that Longford have had many disappointments down the years also. I don't think that any team has a 'rightful' place as ye have proven tonight so you'll forgive me for continuing to hope that some year we will get it right and avoid the reality check that you seem keen that we receive each and every summer. Good luck to Longford in the next round.

MadMayo

It's a sad day for Mayo football when we are beaten by a shite team like Longford.
Todays result is proof that all is not well in the Mayo camp.
Well done Longford.

blast05

Congrats to Longford. Better team won and this was a break that you were overdue. And please do not take the thoughts of 'MadMayo' as anyway representative of the average Mayo supporter

But from a Mayo view point.....

QuoteWow, what a bad match. One of the worst i've been at ever.

I couldn't agree with that. I thought there was actually quite a decent intensity about it and it was exciting. What is a reality is that both teams made a painful amount of basic kicking and handling errors and both had a lot of porr decision making - more so Mayo. The disappointing aspect of this from a Mayo point of view was the errors were made due to fear of making a mistake .... from Freemans first free kicked short (although in fairness he certainly recovered well) to Vaughans poor shot for a lead point 1 minute into injury time. The loss is all the more frustrating imho in that had we sneaked away with a 1 point win rather than a loss i think the team would have improved imeasureably from the confidence gained from coming on top in 1 ding-dong battle .... a confidence that could have seen us progress for another game or 2 - depending on the draw of course. Anyone that says we are better off being put out of our misery now is i think talking BS and hasn't forgotten what supporting your team is all about.

As for O'Mahony going .... good riddance. We have gone further backwards every year and there will be no backlash for him cos he has the politicial speak mastered at this stage..... even to the extent of brainwashing the players after the game today about the need to stick together and getting a silence from them with regards talking to the press. We need it all out on the table now and everyone allowed to offer an opinion.

LaurelEye

Blast05, Chimley, et al.

Thanks for the good wishes. I've no problem whatsoever with the majority of Mayo supporters on this board or IRL. What pisses me off is morons who respond to their own team's defeat by calling us "nobodies" and "shite".
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

It's the Larries night Laureleye and none of the gobshites can take that away. Enjoy.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

MadMayo

Quote from: LaurelEye on June 26, 2010, 10:59:38 PM
Blast05, Chimley, et al.

Thanks for the good wishes. I've no problem whatsoever with the majority of Mayo supporters on this board or IRL. What pisses me off is morons who respond to their own team's defeat by calling us "nobodies" and "shite".

Well yiz aren't exactly Kerry now are ye!  ???
And I said well done

An Fear Rua

Quote from: MadMayo on June 26, 2010, 10:49:35 PM
It's a sad day for Mayo football when we are beaten by a shite team like Longford.
Todays result is proof that all is not well in the Mayo camp.
Well done Longford.

Probably the worst "compliment" ever paid on here.

Just spoke aul Boy, who went, he wasn't even surprised, just disappointed , again.

FL/MAYO- dont give up on O'Shea. he was by superb against us in the first minor final in 08, and will be a great. He
minded me of mc Hale, who I used to watch/admire when attending many Mayo games as a kid.

Its another big win for an unfancied county in a game they would never previously have had a chance to play. Back door isn't all bad......
Its Grim up North

Chimley

On a positive note, Freeman seems like a good prospect.

the Deel Rover

Well done to longford on today s win hope all the longford boys on the board here enjoy the night and the rest of the championship really hope ye get a run going . I was away today so just got a text to say we lost and to tell you the truth i was not really surprised i knew it was going to be tough to get a result and so it turned out another year over at least we have been put out of our misery early
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001