Televised Injustice Thread Service (T.I.T.S.)

Started by whiskeysteve, February 12, 2010, 02:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeysteve

Since the CCCC are setting a precedent (see Tyrone v Derry) to hand out bans retrospectively based on video evidence, I thought this season we could do with a thread where posters can helpfully point out incidents missed by the ref that warrant suspension. By the end of the year we might see how consistently the CCCC apply themselves.

Report all indiscretions to TITS.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

longrunsthefox

Is it not just confined to Tyrone incidents? If I see anything in Omagh on Sunday I will report back...

lynchbhoy

do bad commentators fall under this remit ?
analysts on the commentary on telly that dont know the players and dont know the rules - or cant understand whay a ref has given a free (though its fairly feckin obv to a blind man most of the time)

that def drives me mad, it should be brought to TITS
as it certainly gets on mine !

BennyHarp

Quote from: whiskeysteve on February 12, 2010, 02:30:32 PM
Since the CCCC are setting a precedent (see Tyrone v Derry) to hand out bans retrospectively based on video evidence, I thought this season we could do with a thread where posters can helpfully point out incidents missed by the ref that warrant suspension. By the end of the year we might see how consistently the CCCC apply themselves.

This "precedent" was set a few years ago. But only seems to be applied to Ulster teams and in particluar Tyrone! Its better for a team not to be live on TV, at least that way the CCCC wont be bothered!

I like the theme of the thread though!  ;D I suggest this should be carried through all year, every match you go to or watch - log every misdemeamour you see on here! I'm sure we can get every single county player in ireland banned at some point during the year!
That was never a square ball!!

ziggysego

I saw Paul Galvin pick his nose and eat the content last Sunday. Is there a ruling for that?
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 12, 2010, 03:24:02 PM

This "precedent" was set a few years ago. But only seems to be applied to Ulster teams and in particluar Tyrone! Its better for a team not to be live on TV, at least that way the CCCC wont be bothered!

I like the theme of the thread though!  ;D I suggest this should be carried through all year, every match you go to or watch - log every misdemeamour you see on here! I'm sure we can get every single county player in ireland banned at some point during the year!
the auld siege mentality, sure didn't Derry and Monaghan both get fcuked over last May - that's right, that was through 'it's the first round of the championship, we're going to clean this up with the help of the sunday game this year' directive.

Tyrone Dreamer

The use of video evidence against Tyrone players is a disgrace. I dont think its fair to be picking on high profile counties who's matches are telelvised - either they video all matches or none. However the biggest injustice is the fact that they only use the video evidence when they feel like it.

Tyrone players are getting singled out for some reason - I dont care what anyone says thats a fact. In last years league McMenamin and Tommy McGuigan got done, I could be wrong but I think they were the only 2 players in the entire NFL who got suspended through video. There were multiple incidents in a Monaghan game last year that were ignored for example and there have been many otheres. Now they've started the year by picking 3 Tyrone players to suspend, Galvin made a move at the ref last week which hasn't been mentioned since.

Tyrone should take the revenue cut and refuse to have any more games televised.

Maguire01

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 12, 2010, 05:28:26 PM
The use of video evidence against Tyrone players is a disgrace. I dont think its fair to be picking on high profile counties who's matches are telelvised - either they video all matches or none.
I thought they did have a camera at all league and championship games?

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 12, 2010, 07:16:50 PM
The use of video evidence against Tyrone players is a disgrace. I dont think its fair to be picking on high profile counties who's matches are telelvised - either they video all matches or none.
I thought they did have a camera at all league and championship games?

I'm pretty sure they don't. To be fair it wouldn't matter if they did, they only use the video evidence when they feel like it anyway. There is no guidelines as to how its used and to suggest that 90% of things that need reviewing in the nfl (over the last 2 years) relates to Tyrone players is a joke. Brian McGuigan got hit on camera last year and it was ignored with no further action taken. 3 Tyrone players are being done in one game when nothing to serious happened. The inconsistency is unbelievable.

Club Rossa

Miskella flattened McGuigan last year but John Bannon refused to take action when asked to revise the footage.

saffron sam2

I saw Pat McEnaney in Celtic Park last Saturday evening.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

bridgegael

The use of video evidence against Tyrone players is a disgrace. I dont think its fair to be picking on high profile counties who's matches are telelvised - either they video all matches or none. However the biggest injustice is the fact that they only use the video evidence when they feel like it.

Tyrone players are getting singled out for some reason - I dont care what anyone says thats a fact. In last years league McMenamin and Tommy McGuigan got done, I could be wrong but I think they were the only 2 players in the entire NFL who got suspended through video. There were multiple incidents in a Monaghan game last year that were ignored for example and there have been many otheres. Now they've started the year by picking 3 Tyrone players to suspend, Galvin made a move at the ref last week which hasn't been mentioned since.
Tyrone should take the revenue cut and refuse to have any more games televised.

exactly,  forsome reason everyone turned a blind eye to that!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

reddgnhand

This is just a disgrace. It only seems to apply to Ulster teams.   

screenexile

No complaints about the Bradley suspension, as the great man once said "Ye strack ye go!!"

Here's a novel idea for all you Tyrone fans crying about suspensions "TELL YOUR PLAYERS  TO STOP DOING THINGS THAT WILL GET THEM SUSPENDED!!!"

That would probably be the best way for them to stop being singled out and so 'harshly' treated by the big bad cccccccccccccc. . . cryin' hoors!