Queen - We will rock you

Started by The Real Laoislad, December 05, 2009, 05:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

I see this is getting a run in the Point Depot(O2) in January,has anyone been to it?
I am a big fan of Queens music and want to go..
Had to sit through Mamma Mia a few years ago with the woman so now its my turn!

Just wondered if its worth going just to hear the music or is the play itself any good?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

redhugh

Would like to see it LL,but the fact that's it's written by Ben Elton puts me off.When it started touring it got ripped apart,but I read a great review of it from when it was in Edinburgh.Sister in law saw it in Edinburgh and loved it.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 05:48:53 PM
I see this is getting a run in the Point Depot(O2) in January,has anyone been to it?

Just wondered if its worth going just to hear the music or is the play itself any good?

And you posted on FB that you are not gay in that photo?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 06, 2009, 12:08:55 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 05:48:53 PM

And you posted on FB that you are not gay in that photo?
:D

Lets keep Facebook out of this....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

DrinkingHarp

No problem, real question is, who is SuperWoman and can you post that pic in full here?
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Declan

LL - Went to see it in London last year. Great entertainment

ziggysego

I saw it in London a right few years ago. Not too long after it started. The storyline is a bit mad, but good craic all the same. Good to hear Queen songs being belted out properly in a great arena.
Testing Accessibility

cornerback

Seen it in London during the summer.  Good show & definitely recommend it.

thejuice

To be honest I thought they really struggled to get a storey round the songs. Not that I was expecting a whole lot, but sort of defeats the purpose of it, if theres no logical storey line. Rod Stewart musical was much better even though I am certainly not a Rod fan.

The Producers is a brillant show if its on, go see it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Real Laoislad

Sounds good so by what most of you say,must book the tickets I'd say it will be packed most nights
You'll Never Walk Alone.