FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

France are in transition. Deschamps is building a new team.Lloris and I think Varane have retired. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Capt Pat

20 minutes into his debut and Ferguson has a tap in. 2 nil up and Latvia don't look up to much.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Capt Pat

2-2 at half time. I hope we don't play like this against France.

Itchy

Latvia one of the worst teams I've ever seen and yet they've got 2 goals. Matt Doherty wants a serious kick up the hole, he's been awful slowing attacks down and even his great cross into the box (according to Houghton) was a shite cross that almost fluked into a goal. I think mulomby been poor and Collins looks ashadow of player he was few months ago. Smallbone had been excellent and 2 lads up front doing well.

Milltown Row2

Really poor showing.. after this game it'll be a long tough campaign
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

Itchy

Quote from: snoopdog on March 22, 2023, 08:50:45 PM
Keeper pretty poor for  both goals also

Yes, he needs to go find a club where he plays and make a name for himself

seafoid

Johnston and Ferguson are a definite improvement on last year
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

A lot of high fiving going on. That's as game we should be winning comfortablely 3 nil. France could give us an awful hammering if we go trying to play out like that against them

Capt Pat

Smallbone impressed me for the under 21s and he got the man of the match tonight. We need a good creative midfielder as we don't have much there.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 22, 2023, 09:47:08 PM
Smallbone impressed me for the under 21s and he got the man of the match tonight. We need a good creative midfielder as we don't have much there.

This was just about a cut above u21 level. And most of that was the physical element. Kelleher is a good footballer, but I'm not so sure about him as a goalkeeper.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2023, 08:49:12 PM
Really poor showing.. after this game it'll be a long tough campaign

In an ideal world Kenny will see that as a good attacking game and move Ferguson and Smallbone up the pecking order. He will also see it as a defensive disaster, never not play Egan, bench Doherty and Browne with prejudice and politely tell Kelleher he is out of the running until he gets games in.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2023, 09:42:26 PM
A lot of high fiving going on. That's as game we should be winning comfortablely 3 nil. France could give us an awful hammering if we go trying to play out like that against them
That game and formation was not about France. He was never playing 3 up top Monday and the likes of Kelleher, Browne and O'Dowda were never going to feature.. Alarmingly as it turns out it was about the Greek games.