Author Topic: FAI games...Men: France, Greece, Gibraltar; Women's World Cup in July  (Read 1021757 times)

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
Remember we're a noble race from a land where Kings once trod.

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: FAI games...Men: France, Greece, Gibraltar; Women's World Cup in July
« Reply #10352 on: May 17, 2023, 06:12:29 PM »
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2023/05/17/shelbourne-boss-damien-duff-hits-out-at-lack-of-funding-for-training-facilities-in-ireland/

Duff also confirmed that Jack Moylan, Shels hat-trick hero in Sligo last Saturday, has become a target for UK clubs and he doubled down on the decrepit state of soccer facilities when compared to GAA grounds.

“I went out with my son to play against Kilcoole the other day and they had a better training ground than any League of Ireland club. I’m not sure if they own it but I was thinking something has gone wrong along the line here. Anyway, it’s not like I’m harping on about it. That’s what it’ll feel like when I see the headlines. Here he f**king goes again. That’s why I hate doing [press conferences].”
Lookit

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: May 17, 2023, 06:16:48 PM »
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2023/05/17/shelbourne-boss-damien-duff-hits-out-at-lack-of-funding-for-training-facilities-in-ireland/

Duff also confirmed that Jack Moylan, Shels hat-trick hero in Sligo last Saturday, has become a target for UK clubs and he doubled down on the decrepit state of soccer facilities when compared to GAA grounds.

“I went out with my son to play against Kilcoole the other day and they had a better training ground than any League of Ireland club. I’m not sure if they own it but I was thinking something has gone wrong along the line here. Anyway, it’s not like I’m harping on about it. That’s what it’ll feel like when I see the headlines. Here he f**king goes again. That’s why I hate doing [press conferences].”

Is it just me or is Duff always complaining. 

His body language is always negative - during and after games.

Just my opinion.

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: May 18, 2023, 03:19:36 AM »

Is it just me or is Duff always complaining. 

His body language is always negative - during and after games.

Just my opinion.

Completely. It's boring now. And considering he was involved in setting up Rovers facilities it's also patant nonsense. He knew Shels setup and infrastructure when he took the job. Whining about it now is tedious.

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: May 18, 2023, 03:23:27 AM »
Still begging from the Taxpayer

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/business-of-sport/arid-41130757.html

They aren't wrong on the betting tax. More money goes on soccer than horses, yet all 10m goes to horses and dogs, and the majority of that is (tax free) prize money, most of which goes to 5 well known owners. Add 1% and use the new revenue to build grassroot sport facilities

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: May 18, 2023, 06:35:46 AM »

They aren't wrong on the betting tax. More money goes on soccer than horses, yet all 10m goes to horses and dogs, and the majority of that is (tax free) prize money, most of which goes to 5 well known owners. Add 1% and use the new revenue to build grassroot sport facilities
Money spent on grassroots sports saves the Exchequer money down the line.
Lookit

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: May 18, 2023, 06:41:57 AM »

Money spent on grassroots sports saves the Exchequer money down the line.

Agreed. And there is a far better case for swimming pools and clubhouses than O'Leary getting a tax free winnings on the taxpayer

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: May 18, 2023, 05:59:06 PM »
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2023/05/18/andrew-omobamidele-ruled-out-of-ireland-squad-ahead-of-summer-qualifiers/

The four-day camp for 22 players based in England, outside the Premier League, and a smattering of League of Ireland talent – including Shamrock Rovers winger Neil Farrugia – is to ensure that Stephen Kenny’s team avoid a repeat of defeat to Armenia in Yerevan in June 2022. The six week gap from club to international matches was the main reason Kenny offered for losing 1-0 to a country ranked 92nd in the world by Fifa.

“The six-week break between the end of the Championship and our qualifier in Greece is something we have to navigate and make sure our preparations are planned well,” said Kenny. “This training camp in Bristol for four days is essential before we travel to Turkey on June 5th for nine days ahead of our visit to Athens and we’re looking forward to a good four days training and some sharp sessions.”

Ireland training squad: Max O’Leary (Bristol City), James Talbot (Bohemians), Brian Maher (Derry City); Danny McNamara (Millwall), Callum O’Dowda (Cardiff City), James McClean (Wigan Athletic), Ryan Manning (Swansea City), John Egan (Sheffield United), Dara O’Shea (West Bromwich Albion), Sean McLoughlin (Hull City); Jayson Molumby (West Bromwich Albion), Josh Cullen (Burnley), Will Smallbone (Southampton), Mark Sykes (Bristol City), Neil Farrugia (Shamrock Rovers), Jason Knight (Derby County); Chiedozie Ogbene (Rotherham United), Tom Cannon (Everton), Troy Parrott (Tottenham Hotspur), Michael Obafemi (Burnley), Adam Idah (Norwich City), Will Keane (Wigan Athletic).
Lookit