TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Good final episode of The Missing. Tied up a lot of things and finished with Baptitse saying Trois! Does that mean season 3?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 30, 2016, 10:53:17 PM
Good final episode of The Missing. Tied up a lot of things and finished with Baptitse saying Trois! Does that mean season 3?

Excellent show, as sometimes these tv dramas have a great start decent middle and shit finish.... Baptise was/is a great character and very well acted by Tcheky Karyo
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

As per usual, I'm way behind everything. I've recently got into Parks and Recreation. Hilarious US sitcom, in the same vein as The Office, but much gentler. Very zany, with likable characters and relationships.
Testing Accessibility

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on November 30, 2016, 10:53:17 PM

I thought it was quite weak to be honest. All tidied up too neatly after spending so long twisting and turning.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 20, 2016, 10:07:13 PM
I've just watched Episode 7 of Westworld and it was excellent. Anyone that decided to stop should keep going.
Have watched all 9 episodes and looking forward to the season finale next Tuesday. One of the most mesmerizing TV shows I have ever seen and Ed Harris,Anthony Hopkins really bring their characters to life.

laoislad

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 01, 2016, 08:18:41 AM
I've just watched Episode 7 of Westworld and it was excellent. Anyone that decided to stop should keep going.
Have watched all 9 episodes and looking forward to the season finale next Tuesday. One of the most mesmerizing TV shows I have ever seen and Ed Harris,Anthony Hopkins really bring their characters to life.
I got bored after about 3 episodes. It gets better then?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: ziggysego on December 01, 2016, 12:50:43 AM
As per usual, I'm way behind everything. I've recently got into Parks and Recreation. Hilarious US sitcom, in the same vein as The Office, but much gentler. Very zany, with likable characters and relationships.

great wee show chap. tails off a tad towards the end but all in all very enjoyable

Esmarelda

Quote from: laoislad on December 01, 2016, 08:43:38 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 01, 2016, 08:18:41 AM
I got bored after about 3 episodes. It gets better then?
Very much so although I wasn't bored. It looks like it's going to be a very long term thing. A lot of avenues for storylines are still open.

mrdeeds

New Season of Walking Dead is a slow slow slow burner.

Orior

Naked Dating and such.

Must be great to be a pervert these days - you can see anything on television.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nrico2006

New season of walking dead is boring so far, pretty much like the first half of the last season. Glad I watched it from the start, would be a shit show to binge watch.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

Started watching The Killing and can hardly turn it off. On episode 8 of season 1. Hopefully it doesn't drag on too much. Good show so far.

Canalman

Quote from: JimStynes on December 03, 2016, 10:51:28 AM
Started watching The Killing and can hardly turn it off. On episode 8 of season 1. Hopefully it doesn't drag on too much. Good show so far.

Sadly, In think you are now going to see the sag which imo blighted the series. 20 episodes I think which could have been halved to ten. Presume you are watching the scandinavian version.

bennydorano

Just watched Storyville: Forever Pure, Football & Racism in Jerusalem. Fantastic Documentary about Beitar Jerusalem  (think Rangers pre Mo Johnston x 1000).

Main Street

Quote from: Canalman on December 03, 2016, 02:27:27 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 03, 2016, 10:51:28 AM

Sadly, In think you are now going to see the sag which imo blighted the series. 20 episodes I think which could have been halved to ten. Presume you are watching the scandinavian version.
Why do you presume others might think like you?
Sad for you that you could not enjoy the series. It was a well praised series, all episodes,  right through to the last episode.