Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Anyone ever bought running shoes from China off the likes of aliexpress, or is that a no no? Surely most of them are made in China anyway but the quality from these sites are not guaranteed.

laoislad

Quote from: lurganblue on February 25, 2023, 10:28:54 AM
Anyone ever bought running shoes from China off the likes of aliexpress, or is that a no no? Surely most of them are made in China anyway but the quality from these sites are not guaranteed.
Wouldn't think they'd be great to be honest.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

square_ball

For things like running shoes and football boots I've steered clear. Tried day to day runners and they are grand. I suppose for the price might be worth a chance but your feet mightn't thank you.

lurganblue

Went ahead and got some Clifton 8s from Hoka. I find that they are digging in on my inside arches. I think they're the correct size although I suppose I could have went for wide fit. Do those here who use the cliftons find the same problem?

Maybe it's my feet that are the problem.

oakleaflad

I was told not to focus on which brand with running shoes as even the same brand can have different types of shoe based on if you are an overpronator or underpronator. So 1 pair of Asics for example could be perfect for you while another may be the opposite. That was about 10 years ago though so maybe things have changed. I know they had machines in some stores to see how your foot struck the ground etc. Maybe a bit of research into that for folks who are finding it tough. Maybe buying one with too much or not enough support in certain parts of the foot.

No1

Quote from: lurganblue on March 08, 2023, 03:10:39 PM
Went ahead and got some Clifton 8s from Hoka. I find that they are digging in on my inside arches. I think they're the correct size although I suppose I could have went for wide fit. Do those here who use the cliftons find the same problem?

Maybe it's my feet that are the problem.

I've never experienced that before with the Clifton 8's.  Maybe it's just your feet getting used to a more supportive shoe?  Did you go for a run in them straight out of the box?  I always wear a new pair around the house for about a week before I actually run in them, breaks them in a wee bit.  Not sure any of that info is useful info for you!

lurganblue

No haven't taken them for a run yet. Just walking around the house in them at the minute. Yeah, I'm not sure if it's more support that I could get used to or if I should really just return them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on March 08, 2023, 04:03:53 PM
No haven't taken them for a run yet. Just walking around the house in them at the minute. Yeah, I'm not sure if it's more support that I could get used to or if I should really just return them.

Return them if not feeling it. Trainers are strange!! I couldn't go back to the ASICS from before which is  strange considering I'd different pairs over ten years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Update on this. I returned the cliftons. I wanted to try the wide fit to see if that would help. They didn't have the cliftons in my size and wide fit so I got the bondi 7s instead. Much better fit and so far very happy. A few small mile runs complete and no complaints. Very comfortable.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on March 23, 2023, 03:29:14 PM
Update on this. I returned the cliftons. I wanted to try the wide fit to see if that would help. They didn't have the cliftons in my size and wide fit so I got the bondi 7s instead. Much better fit and so far very happy. A few small mile runs complete and no complaints. Very comfortable.

With more running you might be able to squeeze into the Cliftons  ;)

Couldn't help myself!! Enjoy the running!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Haha very true  ;D

LC

Looking to get a new pair of runners.

Currently thinking of the asics gel nimbus 25, any thoughts or other recommendations?

imtommygunn

I really like mizuno air wave. Used to swear by brooks ghost but haven't had them in a while.

I stopped using asics years ago as I found them very rigid round the ankle but depends on personal preference etc.

jcpen

Some mess up in the national 10km in the Phoenix Park at the weekend..
Course was only 8.5km! Apparently runners were sent the wrong way.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

imtommygunn

A complete balls up. I ran that race about 10 years ago in phoenix park. Surely they could just run the same course lol.

Same as the belfast marathon a few years ago - sent the front ones the wrong way then they were stuffed and had to send everyone the wrong way. They can hardly move the finish line then.