A5 WTC (New Road from Aughnacloy to Derry)

Started by Hereiam, June 08, 2009, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Its the optics of this road that the unionists wont allow.
They cant have it that there would be a main arterial route going straight through the north linking Donegal to Monaghan.
Its the same reason why the A1 will never be upgraded, they have to keep a broken link.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hereiam on January 26, 2023, 12:18:33 PM
They cant have it that there would be a main arterial route going straight through the north linking Donegal to Monaghan.
Its the same reason why the A1 will never be upgraded, they have to keep a broken link.

The A1 barring the odd 60mph bit is grand during the day, I hate, hate driving that place at night time, those exits/entrances from the side roads are dangerous
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2023, 12:21:22 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on January 26, 2023, 12:18:33 PM

The A1 barring the odd 60mph bit is grand during the day, I hate, hate driving that place at night time, those exits/entrances from the side roads are dangerous
It's a horrible road. Ever try to get across it to turn right? Should have been upgraded years ago!

trailer

Quote from: seafoid on January 26, 2023, 11:57:39 AM
Another disadvantage of the Union. If Tyrone was in the Republic the EU would probably fund the road. It would shorten the journey back with Sam Maguire.

Tyrone is constantly disadvantaged. It's the biggest county in the North yet has no Trains.
Roads are questionable and the M1 stops at Dgn with the lethal Ballygawley / Dgn only upgraded in the 2000s
In terms of public facilities we have nowhere near enough leisure facilities or public parks. Civil society constantly fills the breech.
And don't even get started on the persecution of the GAA community by the Southern Media and GAA in Dublin.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on January 26, 2023, 12:31:21 PM
Another disadvantage of the Union. If Tyrone was in the Republic the EU would probably fund the road. It would shorten the journey back with Sam Maguire.

Tyrone is constantly disadvantaged. It's the biggest county in the North yet has no Trains.
Roads are questionable and the M1 stops at Dgn with the lethal Ballygawley / Dgn only upgraded in the 2000s
In terms of public facilities we have nowhere near enough leisure facilities or public parks. Civil society constantly fills the breech.
And don't even get started on the persecution of the GAA community by the Southern Media and GAA in Dublin.
It should have been fenced off! ;)

Milltown Row2

Who runs the council?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2023, 12:34:42 PM

Who runs the council?

Losing the run of myself a bit to be fair.

SF controlled councils.

general_lee

Quote from: trailer on January 26, 2023, 12:41:30 PM

Who runs the council?

SF controlled councils.

Decades of regional underinvestment is clearly the fault of SF.

trailer

Quote from: general_lee on January 26, 2023, 12:45:51 PM

Who runs the council?

SF controlled councils.

Sorry I answered a question, but you are dead right, SF controlled councils and of course as SF were the second and are now largest party in Stormont it is absolutely 100% not their fault for any under investment or last of facilities and to suggest such would be highly inaccurate.

seafoid

It's really weird that none of the motorways go anywhere near the border.
NI's economy isn't strong enough to support such nonsense.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

general_lee

Quote from: trailer on January 26, 2023, 12:48:50 PM

Who runs the council?

SF controlled councils.

Sorry I answered a question, but you are dead right, SF controlled councils and of course as SF were the second and are now largest party in Stormont it is absolutely 100% not their fault for any under investment or last of facilities and to suggest such would be highly inaccurate.
It is 60 odd years since the profitable railway serving Co Tyrone was closed by Unionists; and the subsequent motorway promised to replaced it is still yet to be built... of course it is the fault of SF.

Milltown Row2

Who runs the council?

SF controlled councils.

Since taking control, have things changed much?

trailer

Quote from: general_lee on January 26, 2023, 01:05:04 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 26, 2023, 12:48:50 PM

Who runs the council?

SF controlled councils.

It is 60 odd years since the profitable railway serving Co Tyrone was closed by Unionists; and the subsequent motorway promised to replaced it is still yet to be built... of course it is the fault of SF.

It's not. I said it wasn't. Nothing is SF's fault.

AustinPowers

I often wondered why  Britain took Tyrone and Fermanagh.  Both counties had  nationalist majorities 100 years ago,  and A lot of the land  in both counties  is quite poor, is it not?  And frig me , some parts of both counties are wild, desolate hellholes. Both counties  were probably more trouble than they were worth , especially when it came  to policing  their borders with the south.  Tyrone had a natural border with Armagh  (blackwater) and with Lough Neagh. Easier patrolled there so it was

I can understand taking  Derry , as Britain would still have  Derry port/Lough foyle and access to the  North Atlantic

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 26, 2023, 02:11:40 PM
I often wondered why  Britain took Tyrone and Fermanagh.  Both counties had  nationalist majorities 100 years ago,  and A lot of the land  in both counties  is quite poor, is it not?  And frig me , some parts of both counties are wild, desolate hellholes. Both counties  were probably more trouble than they were worth , especially when it came  to policing  their borders with the south.  Tyrone had a natural border with Armagh  (blackwater) and with Lough Neagh. Easier patrolled there so it was

I can understand taking  Derry , as Britain would still have  Derry port/Lough foyle and access to the  North Atlantic

There was a rake of Lord type people living in Fermanagh, well got with the powers that be. If you take Fermanagh then you need Tyrone to get there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B