Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: scout on January 21, 2023, 09:17:59 AM
Anyone here done the ring of Kerry cycle? Looking to it & a week down in Kerry for holidays. But don't see any date for the 2023 ring of Kerry cycle event. Think it's usually July time?
Good luck with it. Its exhausting just driving it.

AustinPowers

Quote from: scout on January 21, 2023, 09:17:59 AM
Anyone here done the ring of Kerry cycle? Looking to it & a week down in Kerry for holidays. But don't see any date for the 2023 ring of Kerry cycle event. Think it's usually July time?

I've alwsys had a notion of  taking the train to Kerry and cycling the Dingle peninsula (Beara too).   The views and beaches  are stunning.  Some good beaches on the ring too but always  was more drawn to Dingle. Maybe some day

AustinPowers

Out of interest,  how much would you likely pay for a week on  a Mediterranean cruise ?

Not my thing but herself  talks about it

balladmaker

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 24, 2023, 09:23:39 PM
Out of interest,  how much would you likely pay for a week on  a Mediterranean cruise ?

For a couple, I'd say you'd be looking at in the region of 3k.  Obviously, there's different standards of cruises, I reckon the likes of Royal Carribbean or MSC would be in the 3k range for a couple, add in 2 or 3 kids and you wouldn't be long getting to 5k for a week. You also need to consider cost of flights to get to the ship in the first place.  Definitely not the cheapest of holidays.

Quarterbackk

Can anyone recommend a nice campsite (France,Italy,Spain) loads to do for the kids (3) with decent nightlife - Cheers

imtommygunn

Croatia is meant to be fantastic in this regard. The sister in law went and loved it and also thought much cheaper.

trueblue1234

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 25, 2023, 12:24:14 PM
Croatia is meant to be fantastic in this regard. The sister in law went and loved it and also thought much cheaper.

Flight times to Croatia (from NI) aren't great. Especially with a family. Would love to go, but very limited options flying.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rois

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 25, 2023, 02:20:50 PM

Flight times to Croatia (from NI) aren't great. Especially with a family. Would love to go, but very limited options flying.
Ryanair times from Dublin are ok though?  We are flying to Dubrovnik at Easter with Aer Lingus, and outward flight is at silly o'clock. 

imtommygunn

Tbh for most international flights I would just go out of dublin.

Milltown Row2

Can't remember the flight times when we went (during the World cup when France beat Croatia) but that was to Split, and onto a wee island about 25 minutes away, but it was daytime time as it was mid afternoon when we arrived. Probably changed since though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2023, 03:13:24 PM

Can't remember the flight times when we went (during the World cup when France beat Croatia) but that was to Split, and onto a wee island about 25 minutes away, but it was daytime time as it was mid afternoon when we arrived. Probably changed since though

Flight out was fine from memory. But return flight was 2am or something. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes that attempt to take my lot through an airport at that time!! Bad enough at the best of times.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 25, 2023, 03:36:11 PM

Flight out was fine from memory. But return flight was 2am or something. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes that attempt to take my lot through an airport at that time!! Bad enough at the best of times.

I'd teens with me at the time, there was one workable plug for charging their phones, fecking mayhem, the airport departure part is small..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 25, 2023, 03:36:11 PM

Jet2 flight back to Belfast from Dubrovnik is late enough - 8pm, gets you in at 11, but the Aer Lingus one to Dublin is at 12.55, back in at 3.30pm, so a good enough time for coming back up the road. 

imtommygunn

The family based places were more round Split I think.

AustinPowers

Quote from: balladmaker on January 25, 2023, 10:07:08 AM
Quote from: AustinPowers on January 24, 2023, 09:23:39 PM

For a couple, I'd say you'd be looking at in the region of 3k.  Obviously, there's different standards of cruises, I reckon the likes of Royal Carribbean or MSC would be in the 3k range for a couple, add in 2 or 3 kids and you wouldn't be long getting to 5k for a week. You also need to consider cost of flights to get to the ship in the first place.  Definitely not the cheapest of holidays.

Frig that , a couple of nights  in bundoran will do her rightly  ;D