The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: laoislad on January 21, 2023, 02:46:27 PM
Better performance than the Brighton game, which wouldn't be hard to be fair, still plenty of dodgy moments though. Draw probably a fair result but doesn't help us much. 9 points behind Newcastle in 4th is a big gap.

Especially as it is going to take a few weeks at least for them to work through this malaise.

Top 4 is gone.

Turf

Quote from: J70 on January 21, 2023, 03:16:27 PM
Quote from: Turf on January 21, 2023, 02:27:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 21, 2023, 01:28:34 PM
I don't know... I'd be very, very pissed off if that offside went against Liverpool.
You'd be pissed if an offside goal was correctly ruled offside?

Have you seen it?

Maybe I'm getting old and cranky with the constant evolution of the rules, but that decision looked ridiculous to me.

Yes I've seen it, and under the laws of the game he was offside, so it was the correct decision.

J70

Maybe so, but as with Rashford last week, the law is an ass.

RedHand88

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on January 21, 2023, 03:20:53 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 21, 2023, 02:46:27 PM
Better performance than the Brighton game, which wouldn't be hard to be fair, still plenty of dodgy moments though. Draw probably a fair result but doesn't help us much. 9 points behind Newcastle in 4th is a big gap.

Especially as it is going to take a few weeks at least for them to work through this malaise.

Top 4 is gone.
Could be worse, at least we aren't Everton!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: J70 on January 21, 2023, 03:25:18 PM

I'm not understanding you here J70.  By the photo you linked, he's offside (on the basis of where his goal-side leg is) when the initial shot is taken.  If it comes to him off the bar without a defender touching it, he's still offside isn't he?   

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 21, 2023, 05:05:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 21, 2023, 03:25:18 PM

I'm not understanding you here J70.  By the photo you linked, he's offside (on the basis of where his goal-side leg is) when the initial shot is taken.  If it comes to him off the bar without a defender touching it, he's still offside isn't he?

Almost his entire body is "onside" given the way himself and Silva are each leaning. His foot is probably mm "off". For almost the entire history of the sport offside would not even have been considered in this case. It just doesn't sit right with me personally, the way it's going. I know they have to literally and figuratively draw the line somewhere, but common sense is going out the window.

Jell 0 Biafra

Linesman probably wouldn't have caught it in the pre var days, but it would have been an error  in that case.

Armamike

Good to keep the unbeaten run going. 

Christ we miss Diaz and Jota badly.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Had to find this on the 3rd page...

Will this game define the season or will it be the Madrid game?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Midfielders are getting crowded out time and again in the centre of the park.

J70

From bits I've been watching before and at half time in the Donegal game, looks a much better all around effort from Liverpool today (69 minutes in).

laoislad

Didn't want to win it anyways  ;)

Thank feck we don't have to play Brighton again this season.!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.