SNOW

Started by maggie, February 02, 2009, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Raining east of the lough.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

Snowing now with more to come
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

D4S

Heavyish snow in south tyrone for the past hour!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

cornafean

Environment Minister John Gormley T.D. this morning dismissed reports that thousands of homes have been left without water supplies due to the Arctic weather. Speaking in Ranelagh, the Minister said that he had travelled throughout South Dublin over the weekend and saw no evidence of any problem. According to the Minister, "There is no problem with water availability, in fact the opposite is the case. There is more than enough water for everyone to drink, both still and sparkling".
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

AFS

I miss the snow  :(

TacadoirArdMhacha

Snowing again here in Cullyhanna though there seems to have been a considerable thaw in the last 12 hours or so.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

thejuice

i think the snow outstayed its welcome now. Just a nuisance, roads blocked and paths lethal,
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

Quote from: D4S on January 11, 2010, 09:54:04 AM
Heavyish snow in south tyrone for the past hour!

Heard it as been snowing since 6pm yesterday steady in Augher.
Testing Accessibility

Denn Forever

Quote from: cornafean on January 11, 2010, 10:56:39 AM
Environment Minister John Gormley T.D. this morning dismissed reports that thousands of homes have been left without water supplies due to the Arctic weather. Speaking in Ranelagh, the Minister said that he had travelled throughout South Dublin over the weekend and saw no evidence of any problem. According to the Minister, "There is no problem with water availability, in fact the opposite is the case. There is more than enough water for everyone to drink, both still and sparkling".

It was a Northside problem but that doesn't count.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

gerry

Came home to my house this morning  to find water coming out the front door, only to find a burst pipe. Turned the water of and headed to work, looking forward to coming good to a mess tonight.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

omagh_gael

It's been snowing for hours on end here in omagh but it's not cold enough to lie been too much of a thaw!

Declan

Batt has now said schools in republic can go back tomorrow if they like

omagh_gael

Quote from: Declan on January 11, 2010, 01:28:48 PM

Such a ridiculous decision in the first place, they must have been expecting 10 foot snow drifts, thousands cut off and major panic breaking out. All over a lock of inches of snow, heaven forbid.

Bensars

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 11, 2010, 01:37:44 PM
Quote from: Declan on January 11, 2010, 01:28:48 PM

Such a ridiculous decision in the first place, they must have been expecting 10 foot snow drifts, thousands cut off and major panic breaking out. All over a lock of inches of snow, heaven forbid.

Was the decision not based on lack of salt/grit and the inability to cover all roads.

Aerlik

Irish weather must be heading to Oz.  Bloody hell only got to 24C today and as I write it is 19C. No aircon tonight.  Very unseasonal, and it rained in Busselton today.  Global warming my arse.  Sure it was only 42C at 8.45am in Adelaide.  And Marble Bar hasn't had a single day over 50C yet.   Hot, my eye. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!