Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Joe

Quote from: bigfrank on March 05, 2009, 08:25:24 PM
was wonderin where is the best place to price flighst to liverpool/manchester??is there a site that gets u the best possible price at that time??someone said it best to book one way and then get a return flight on its own,says it works out cheaper??im thinkin bout st pats comin up just,cheers

http://flightchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/

try this site.  It usually throws up the cheapest around, I think It excludes ryanair though, so you should get their website as well

stiffler

Quote from: bigfrank on March 05, 2009, 08:25:24 PM
was wonderin where is the best place to price flighst to liverpool/manchester??is there a site that gets u the best possible price at that time??someone said it best to book one way and then get a return flight on its own,says it works out cheaper??im thinkin bout st pats comin up just,cheers

try www.skyscanner.net
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Tommy Tight Lips

Lads whats sligo like for a stag do?heading there this weekend on one.im thinking the the fella should prob have pushed the boat out and went on to galway when we were heading that far!wheres the best/worst places to head?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Tommy Tight Lips on April 28, 2009, 05:20:54 PM
Lads whats sligo like for a stag do?heading there this weekend on one.im thinking the the fella should prob have pushed the boat out and went on to galway when we were heading that far!wheres the best/worst places to head?
My memories of Sligo are of over-zealous bouncers not keen on crowds of lads entering their premises.

bingobus

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 28, 2009, 05:21:51 PM
Quote from: Tommy Tight Lips on April 28, 2009, 05:20:54 PM
My memories of Sligo are of over-zealous bouncers not keen on crowds of lads entering their premises.

I'd second that, some pubs fine - McHughs if I recall right. Velvet nightclub is great spot though and gets crowd in early on Saturday night.

Rois

See you there Tommy - heading for a hen party but think we're for Toffs.  Velvet Rooms is good but don't allow hens or stags if you have all the gear on (have been there for two previous hen parties).  If you see Little Bo Peep and about fifteen sheep on the streets, that's us.

To make matters worse, I'm off to Puerto Banus for another hen party tomorrow, and coming home a day earlier than everyone else for the Sligo do. 

Tommy Tight Lips

wherabouts are you staying at rois??

Rois

Sligo Southern hotel Tommy. 

el_cuervo_fc

Lads I'm in the middle of picking a destination for my stag next year, have many of you been to prague?  Any good or bad experiences?

ziggysego

Mate was in Prague for his Stag Do for his stag a couple of years ago. Said it was a great place

Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 03, 2009, 07:46:22 PM
Lads I'm in the middle of picking a destination for my stag next year, have many of you been to prague?  Any good or bad experiences?
Last report I heard was it was swarming with English tossers who have basically ruined it for anyone wanting to go there for anything other than a stag. As you are going on a stag it should be fine.

thebigfella

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 03, 2009, 08:01:19 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 03, 2009, 07:46:22 PM
Last report I heard was it was swarming with English t**sers who have basically ruined it for anyone wanting to go there for anything other than a stag. As you are going on a stag it should be fine.

As opposed to Irish tossers on stags? The Irish are just as bad to be fair.

el_cuervo_fc

I'm basically looking for somewhere that I haven't been to for a stag before.  Previous stags have included:

Newcastle x 3
Liverpool
Blackpool
Krakow
Amsterdam
Brussels
Clones  :D
Bundoran  :D :D

I heard that in the likes of Riga the authorities were starting to get a bit pissed off with stags wrecking about the place.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 03, 2009, 08:18:39 PM
I'm basically looking for somewhere that I haven't been to for a stag before.  Previous stags have included:

Newcastle x 3
Liverpool
Blackpool
Krakow
Amsterdam
Brussels
Clones  :D
Bundoran  :D :D

I heard that in the likes of Riga the authorities were starting to get a bit pissed off with stags wrecking about the place.
Well you do have a big world out there to choose from. But saying as you've never been to Letterkenny on a stag (I find this hard to believe) what are you waiting for!

I personally would avoid "stag" cities like the plague due to the marauding groups of English in "hilarious" outfits! Edinburgh was a good spot.

el_cuervo_fc

Edinburgh mightn't be a bad choice actually. Flights wouldn't be too expensive either