Na Gardaí

Started by 118cmal, November 24, 2008, 03:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: T Fearon on January 26, 2013, 09:28:42 AM
2 arrested in connection with the murder,in Whitehall (Dublin).

Seems to be conflicting reports on that. I saw it in The Irish Times, but then on RTE the report said nobody has been arrested in connection with this killing so far.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Maguire01

Quote from: Tubberman on January 26, 2013, 11:11:17 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 26, 2013, 09:28:42 AM
2 arrested in connection with the murder,in Whitehall (Dublin).

Seems to be conflicting reports on that. I saw it in The Irish Times, but then on RTE the report said nobody has been arrested in connection with this killing so far.
RTÉ tend to run a bit behind.

Terrible news.

rodney trotter

The Guard was orginally from Kilnaleck Cavan.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Shocking news, terrible to hear this.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

rodney trotter

He was a former Minor and u21 player with Cavan.

omagh_gael

Quote from: EC Unique on January 26, 2013, 09:41:37 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on January 26, 2013, 09:10:46 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on January 26, 2013, 08:40:25 AM
Hearing of a shooting in Omagh last night too involving a PSNI officer but not the same tragic outcome.

Where abouts did this happen EC? No word of it on the news.
Coolnaguard (SP)  as far s I heard.

It was Coolnagard. They found an under car bomb in a laneway nearby on Kevlin rd.

EC Unique

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 26, 2013, 04:54:44 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on January 26, 2013, 09:41:37 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on January 26, 2013, 09:10:46 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on January 26, 2013, 08:40:25 AM
Hearing of a shooting in Omagh last night too involving a PSNI officer but not the same tragic outcome.

Where abouts did this happen EC? No word of it on the news.
Coolnaguard (SP)  as far s I heard.

It was Coolnagard. They found an under car bomb in a laneway nearby on Kevlin rd.

Pity the bullets did not connect with intended targets!

RIP to the poor Garda. Hope the scum are caught.

T Fearon

Why oh why did they have cash deliveries organised at the same time every week in this Credit Union?

armaghniac

QuoteWhy oh why did they have cash deliveries organised at the same time every week in this Credit Union?

it wasn't a delivery, it was the closing time of the CU when someone would have been going to the bank night safe.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on January 27, 2013, 01:37:27 PM
Why oh why did they have cash deliveries organised at the same time every week in this Credit Union?

Why oh why do we tolerate the scum that everyone knows are behind this type of thing?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Sorry,but the news said delivery.

Know of a scenario where a financial institution was robbed at gunpoint,staff terrified etc,one of the staff members identified the culprit,but Police warned her before the Court Case and testimony that they could not guarantee her future safety,and as a result she inevitably didn't proceed to testify against him in Court.Other staff members received statutory compensation, except the staff member in question, due to her unwillingness to testify! What's that about the law being an ass, administered by assholes?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on January 27, 2013, 07:41:18 PM
Sorry,but the news said delivery.

Know of a scenario where a financial institution was robbed at gunpoint,staff terrified etc,one of the staff members identified the culprit,but Police warned her before the Court Case and testimony that they could not guarantee her future safety,and as a result she inevitably didn't proceed to testify against him in Court.Other staff members received statutory compensation, except the staff member in question, due to her unwillingness to testify! What's that about the law being an ass, administered by assholes?

If it were 'statutory' then they would have to get it.
MWWSI 2017

The Subbie

I knew the man from my Dundalk days, he started working in the Gardai just as i finished me time in the RTC, he was a class mate of a housemate of mine.
A hell of a nice fella, not your typical "guard" type at all, good crack, big into his football and enjoyed a few recreational beers same as the rest of us.

I last spoke to him over three years ago on a day/night out in Dundalk the Christmas before heading to Oz, hadn't seen him in 6/7 years but he was straight over and going over old times, slagging away about football and the St Pats Vs  St Macartan's school rivalry.( he was an ex St Pats, Cavan Man)

I'm just in shock that this man is no longer with us for the sake of a few euro.

RIP Susie.

Bingo

Hard to figure out this killing and its clear that it was a shoot to kill policy from the gang.

Did they under estimate the amount on cash that was in the place? Did they then panic and leave behind what was there?

To shoot someone like that, you'd have to think that they were cold hearted and ruthless killers who have done it before.

Hopefully they are brought to justice.

NAG1

Quote from: Bingo on January 28, 2013, 12:11:01 PM
Hard to figure out this killing and its clear that it was a shoot to kill policy from the gang.

Did they under estimate the amount on cash that was in the place? Did they then panic and leave behind what was there?

To shoot someone like that, you'd have to think that they were cold hearted and ruthless killers who have done it before.

Hopefully they are brought to justice.

We always claim on here that life appears to be cheap in different places around the world, but the price of 4000E for a family man's life is just unthinkable.