Who is the most famous person you’ve met?

Started by BennyCake, January 05, 2021, 06:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Marcus Aurelius once touched me on the shoulder

Armamike

A few toilet encounters here.  I said hello to Jimmy Nesbitt in the toilets at the Waterfront.

Woody Allen and his stepdaughter/wife walked by me on 5th Avenue NY.  Should have said hello to him, had plenty of time as he wasn't moving too quickly.
That's just, like your opinion man.

GetOverTheBar

fearsiuil

Once met Donie Vaughan in a shoe shop in Claremorris.

Twice bumped into David Drake at a gym in Castlebar, had one long chat with him before Andy Moran told me to go with him for a stretch.

Alan Dillon calls to the house every few years.

HiMucker

Right I'll be honest, the first couple of ones I was ball baggin. Me and McGregor was probably fair digs, I didn't batter him. Marcus was a yuppy **** and didn't really take me on. But I got off with Nadine Coyle once at an underage disco, bit of a bunny boiler tbh.
Also sat on a easy jet flight beside judge Jules going to Ibiza back in the day and had no clue who he was. Got chatting to him, sound man, and was like "going out for a bit of partying?" And he goes "nah, doing a bit of D Jaying" I was all, (as I wasn't really cool at the time, well not as Cool as now), "my mates do a bit of decks as well, you doing a few bars and that?" And he was was all " yeah". I thought he was doing the gig in a few shamrock bars or something. Boy from Belfast besides me near wets himself elbowing me going "here  mate, ye nat know who da f**k dat is? Dats Judge Jules". Lost on me, but he was  a down to earth fella

brokencrossbar1

Shane McGowan told me to f**k off in the toilets at QUB student union and I called Bono a wee shit in Annabells on my brothers stag party when they made us get out off the VIP section for him and his entourage. 

Norf Tyrone

Met Jeff Stelling in a hotel bar. He was as he is on TV. A total legend.
It's a long story but he went over and above. Ill not bore you with it as I am sure no one is interested.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

mrdeeds

Met Pat Short, Jennifer Ellison and Johnny Vegas at airports. Also met Robbie Keane and the missus in a pub in London. At international rules in Melbourne in 2008 drank with all the Irish players after. All were great craic and mixed except Kieran Donaghy who stayed in the private area. Cavanagh and Coulter were great craic. So was Pat McEnaney. I was drinking a pint with Pat when a lad walked in who was a pitch invader during game. Pat says your the eegit who was on the pitch tonight. Also on same trip to Australia met a few Irish rugby players. Gavin Duffy, Ian Dowling, Bernard Jackman and Malcom O Kelly.

BennyCake

Quote from: HiMucker on January 10, 2021, 04:27:18 AM
Right I'll be honest, the first couple of ones I was ball baggin. Me and McGregor was probably fair digs, I didn't batter him. Marcus was a yuppy **** and didn't really take me on. But I got off with Nadine Coyle once at an underage disco, bit of a bunny boiler tbh.
Also sat on a easy jet flight beside judge Jules going to Ibiza back in the day and had no clue who he was. Got chatting to him, sound man, and was like "going out for a bit of partying?" And he goes "nah, doing a bit of D Jaying" I was all, (as I wasn't really cool at the time, well not as Cool as now), "my mates do a bit of decks as well, you doing a few bars and that?" And he was was all " yeah". I thought he was doing the gig in a few shamrock bars or something. Boy from Belfast besides me near wets himself elbowing me going "here  mate, ye nat know who da f**k dat is? Dats Judge Jules". Lost on me, but he was  a down to earth fella

How appropriate for her. Underage? No?  ::)

gallsman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 10, 2021, 10:14:02 AM
Shane McGowan told me to f**k off in the toilets at QUB student union and I called Bono a wee shit in Annabells on my brothers stag party when they made us get out off the VIP section for him and his entourage.

Load of South Armagh boys in Annabel's. The notions on ye. What was wrong with the Carrickdale or the Forum?!

From the Bunker

Met the Williams Sisters, Serena and Venus, after a mickey mouse tennis tournament in the RDS Dublin possibly 20 years ago. Some specimens! Incredibly athletic women. Especially Venus. She was/is just a monster of a woman. Think those Girls would have achieved at most sports if they threw their hand to them.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gallsman on January 10, 2021, 03:12:02 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 10, 2021, 10:14:02 AM

Load of South Armagh boys in Annabel's. The notions on ye. What was wrong with the Carrickdale or the Forum?!

Annabel's is where it's at...well in fairness it was over 20 years ago now....f**k that makes me feel really old!

Aughafad

Joe Frazier in Con murphy bar Philadelphia

thebuzz

Ronnie Drew asked me for directions in Cookstown one day. Met him at Glendalough once as well. Saw Noel Gallagher walking down the street in North London (didn't actually speak to him though). Met Martin McGuinness when he came to our house on the campaign trail.

BennyCake

Met Martin McGuinness too, at a football dinner.

Was on a plane with Babs Keating once. He walked up and down the aisle in his bare feet, so he did.