Feile an Phobail

Started by StGallsGAA, August 11, 2016, 11:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 17, 2022, 12:55:37 PM
It's simple - if you hold a group of non-PLUs to a different standard (usually higher) that your own PLU, then don't be surprised if at least some people pull you up on it.

* PLU - People Like Us, not PUL!

Kinda my very point. If you are a unionist politician/BBC presenter who thinks it's OK for the British Army, including the UDR (of all regiments), to parade through the shared space of the city centre (at the expense of the taxpayer) and you refuse to accept that this might be offensive to nationalists; then you're in no position to cry about being offended when a rebel band plays rebel music in an exclusively republican area with to an exclusively republican audience, paid for without public money.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 12:57:31 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 17, 2022, 12:45:08 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 12:32:39 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 17, 2022, 12:10:18 PM
We didnt kill 2000 we only killed 1700 lol

Remember when the British Army and RUC conspired to erroneously place the blame for the McGurks Bar massacre on the IRA? 15 people died and families spent 40 years campaigning for the state to admit that it deliberately lied about who was responsible? The truth about who was responsible for what is actually important to people. And when you call me "sick" and a "gimp" for calling out the specific lie you and trailer attempted to peddle about the deaths of around 300 people, it makes me wonder were the 15 who died at McGurks Bar among the 300 victims you think it's ok to lie about.

You are making absolutely no sense. You didnt call out any specifics and I didnt peddle anything or dispute any figures, you are the only one doing that, only to  get a a political party, you are more interested in that than anything else, mask slipped, shallow and heartless. Anois imigh leat

This has nothing to do with a political party. Trailer overstated the number of people killed by the IRA by the tune of at least 300 people. I called out that as a lie, given that the truth of who killed who is, to most people (and especially to those who lost someone) deeply important. For simply calling out the lie, you called me "sick", a "gimp" and now added to that "shallow" and "heartless"

So which is more "shallow and heartless": lying about who killed over 300 people, or challenging someone who lies about their deaths?

No you didnt, you said Eastwood said thousands and got wile annoyed, wise up

Milltown Row2

Either they are all terrorist or they were just combatants of a war.. A very dirty war, the saying one man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

If you were born up the street or around the corner or in another village based on your religion we'd be viewing things very different.

Accident of birth
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on August 17, 2022, 01:01:17 PM

Remember when the British Army and RUC conspired to erroneously place the blame for the McGurks Bar massacre on the IRA? 15 people died and families spent 40 years campaigning for the state to admit that it deliberately lied about who was responsible? The truth about who was responsible for what is actually important to people. And when you call me "sick" and a "gimp" for calling out the specific lie you and trailer attempted to peddle about the deaths of around 300 people, it makes me wonder were the 15 who died at McGurks Bar among the 300 victims you think it's ok to lie about.

You are making absolutely no sense. You didnt call out any specifics and I didnt peddle anything or dispute any figures, you are the only one doing that, only to  get a a political party, you are more interested in that than anything else, mask slipped, shallow and heartless. Anois imigh leat

Dont dispute figures with Fear.

"Biggest landlord party in the North, not sure about the south. Very few dont have a second home in Donegal, hard on an industrial wage".

Re: SF a few months backs and when asked to come up numbers a few times etc. unsurprising he didn't/couldn't.

Caught spoofing on the price of student rooms/houses in the Holylands a while back also until a few lads pulled him up on it.

Once again I ask, if the Wolfe Tones are cancelled, what other groups/bands do get cancelled?

Are we going to do a list of songs that are allowed? Which ones are allowed and not allowed?

Do up a list.

Spoofing is a wee bit of an exaggeration. Anyhow you are another boy who would shite in his pants and sit in them all day if SF asked. You probably call MMcG "Our Chieftain" Redner

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 17, 2022, 01:20:54 PM

This has nothing to do with a political party. Trailer overstated the number of people killed by the IRA by the tune of at least 300 people. I called out that as a lie, given that the truth of who killed who is, to most people (and especially to those who lost someone) deeply important. For simply calling out the lie, you called me "sick", a "gimp" and now added to that "shallow" and "heartless"

So which is more "shallow and heartless": lying about who killed over 300 people, or challenging someone who lies about their deaths?

I said it reminded me of Eastwood, who recently came out with the same lie. Just a statement of fact. Doesn't alter my point which is that it's wrong to lie about who killed over 300 people in the conflict, and it's twisted to refer to someone as a "sick", "twisted", "shallow", heartless" "gimp" for saying it's wrong.

trailer

What's 300 dead bodies between enemies.

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on August 17, 2022, 02:11:17 PM

Stay classy.

Were the British Army terrorist, Trailer?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 02:13:30 PM

Stay classy.

For me there a lot of terrorist acts carried out by the army, there was also a lot of normal duties carried out by the army on behalf of the governments that put them their.. Do you view the UVF as terrorists?

Either they are all terrorist or they were just combatants of a war.. A very dirty war, the saying one man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

If you were born up the street or around the corner or in another village based on your religion we'd be viewing things very different.

Accident of birth

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 01:38:53 PM

I said it reminded me of Eastwood, who recently came out with the same lie. Just a statement of fact. Doesn't alter my point which is that it's wrong to lie about who killed over 300 people in the conflict, and it's twisted to refer to someone as a "sick", "twisted", "shallow", heartless" "gimp" for saying it's wrong.

You are all of the above. Take yer oil

Snapchap

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2022, 02:19:37 PM

Stay classy.

For me there a lot of terrorist acts carried out by the army, there was also a lot of normal duties carried out by the army on behalf of the governments that put them their.. Do you view the UVF as terrorists?

Accident of birth

Of course these things are complicated. The issue for trailer however, is that he posted a rigid definition of what makes a group "terrorist", and was most unequivocal in stating that he regarded the IRA as terrorists but yet seems determined to avoid answering whether or not the British Army were terrorists.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 02:23:07 PM

Stay classy.

Accident of birth

Of course these things are complicated. The issue for trailer however, is that he posted a rigid definition of what makes a group "terrorist", and was most unequivocal in stating that he regarded the IRA as terrorists but yet seems determined to avoid answering whether or not the British Army were terrorists.

Like I said they (not all) carried out some wicked terrorists attacks, I'd have been witness to some of that... But the regular squaddie was just trying to keep his head down and get his tour done and out ta feck..

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 17, 2022, 02:22:47 PM

You abused me earlier using the term "gimp" and had your post deleted by the mods. Now that you have not only repeated that abuse, but added additional abusive slurs, I can only hope you have earned yourself a ban.

Snapchap

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2022, 02:27:23 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 02:23:07 PM

Stay classy.

Accident of birth

Like I said they (not all) carried out some wicked terrorists attacks, I'd have been witness to some of that... But the regular squaddie was just trying to keep his head down and get his tour done and out ta feck..

Similarly, the regular Volunteer was just trying to get the British out ta feck and had no interest/desire to target civilians.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 02:28:42 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 17, 2022, 02:22:47 PM

You abused me earlier using the term "gimp" and had your post deleted by the mods. Now that you have not only repeated that abuse, but added additional abusive slurs, I can only hope you have earned yourself a ban.

Ye big cry a baby tout, youve called me worse

Snapchap

Good man, keep the abuse coming.