Mayo Gaa photo & video archive

Started by muppet, December 13, 2014, 03:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Stealing an good idea from Fuzzman on the Tyrone forum. If you got them post them please.

MWWSI 2017

moysider

Wow, never saw that before.

One of my earliest memories of Mayo football is listening to those matches on the radio.

Familiar names but another cohort of players that did not mature well.

Sadly, four ( I know of)  have died - including Webb and Feeney in tragic accidents. Lovely goal by Webb who was probably the best quality player on the team. Bell and Reilly died young too.

Thanks for that Muppet.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: moysider on December 21, 2014, 10:17:37 PM

Wow, never saw that before.

One of my earliest memories of Mayo football is listening to those matches on the radio.

Familiar names but another cohort of players that did not mature well.

Sadly, four ( I know of)  have died - including Webb and Feeney in tragic accidents. Lovely goal by Webb who was probably the best quality player on the team. Bell and Reilly died young too.

Thanks for that Muppet.

Mickey Maloney passed away last year as well. Tic Higgins still going strong. J.P was a nice footballer as well. I was at the first game, it was my first time in C.P.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

Quote from: muppet on December 22, 2014, 03:30:07 PM
Highlights of the 3 goal finish for Mayo in the 1978 All-Ireland Minor Final: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFt1XlwZ1Zc&list=PLsKxFv1wNlUg1BXJUUWGcIbLY7b3m2ZEw&index=3

The bloody Archbishop lifted the cup! Then handed it off to the captain to hold while he carried on with his speech! He deserved a kick up the hole a la Bishop Brennan
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

Any have a copy of the Webb photo from the 1975 connacht final? It's in house of pain
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

muppet

MWWSI 2017

moysider

Never saw this before. Paddy Prendergast, Finn and Eammon Mongey in it>