Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

So all the last games are not dead rubbers?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Quote from: erinsboy on August 16, 2022, 07:08:07 PM
At least the discussion has moved away from bad ref's.
PG1 to make the final,ye heard it hear also  ;D

I'm not so sure about that. Saw both ports championship games so far and been disappointed in them. Thought they carried more goal threat under Barry Dillons system than under the current style Jmk has them playing.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffsof82 on August 16, 2022, 10:26:15 PM

I'm not so sure about that. Saw both ports championship games so far and been disappointed in them. Thought they carried more goal threat under Barry Dillons system than under the current style Jmk has them playing.

PG1 look likely to make the final probably, as they are well parked in perceived easier access.

But try as I might cannot see them as champions.....but have been known to be wrong...

breakingball

Have you the lotto numbers there while you are at it?

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 16, 2022, 03:55:31 PM
The county final will be between Cargin or Creggan or Lamh Dhearg  or St Johns versus Portglenone.  You heard it here first  ;D

NatSoSaff

I would fully agree here. Still a threat, and no doubting they will be in the final, but for the life of me I cant see how they topple Creggan or Cargin come the big day.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NatSoSaff on August 17, 2022, 12:10:28 PM

I would fully agree here. Still a threat, and no doubting they will be in the final, but for the life of me I cant see how they topple Creggan or Cargin come the big day.

Or St Johns or Lamhs, just for fairness ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Lol. So we are a cert to get to the final (dont agree there's 3 games to be won before that against Div 1 teams) but if we do, we have no chance in the final!

Neither for one second am I assuming it will definitely be a Creggan versus Cargin semi. Too many assumptions here for my liking. Still a lot of football to be played.

From a Portglenone perspective I would say we don't take any victory for granted, but if we do make a final, we won't be going thinking anyone is that far ahead of us that we don't have a chance. There's no super teams around anymore, not by a long stretch.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on August 17, 2022, 01:14:53 PM
Lol. So we are a cert to get to the final (dont agree there's 3 games to be won before that against Div 1 teams) but if we do, we have no chance in the final!

Neither for one second am I assuming it will definitely be a Creggan versus Cargin semi. Too many assumptions here for my liking. Still a lot of football to be played.

From a Portglenone perspective I would say we don't take any victory for granted, but if we do make a final, we won't be going thinking anyone is that far ahead of us that we don't have a chance. There's no super teams around anymore, not by a long stretch.

Thats some hook you fished there.. Lets see if there are any bites ;D

Caesar

Should we rename this board the PG1 Football Thread? haha

EOC1923

On the plus side BS you can get all the flags and bunting ordered early as we can say for sure you're for the final. Keep a lid on the hype now..

paddyjohn

Best thing about PG1 is the road to Ahoghill. No doubt JMK z& his backroom team will have them flying and they'll cause most teams bother.

Cargin to win the championship back. All Saints for IFC and O'Dees for JFC.

Flanker

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 17, 2022, 02:03:05 PM
On the plus side BS you can get all the flags and bunting ordered early as we can say for sure you're for the final. Keep a lid on the hype now..

Sure they can just keep the bunting and flags up from the Og Sport win and parade

The double is on or would you call it a 1 and a 1/2

geezer

NatSoSaff

PG1 in Ulster is a scary thought  :-[

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NatSoSaff on August 18, 2022, 10:23:37 AM
PG1 in Ulster is a scary thought  :-[

Could do no worse that the last few installments  ;)