The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 15, 2022, 10:13:22 PM
It looks like Liverpool are on a down year this year. Like they had after winning the premier league.
Didn't want to win it anyway.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Turf on August 15, 2022, 10:11:04 PM

What does that mean? They never were top in the title race last season.Strange thing to say

With a tougher run-in Manchester City was always to drop some points and would need Liverpool to slip up to retain the title. Liverpool did that at home to Tottenham in their 3rd last game.

Quote from: Turf on August 15, 2022, 10:09:00 PM

Who knows what Darwin was thinking, was something said to him?

Klopp will be fuming with Darwin Nunez. Misses next 3 games and he's just let every centre back in the Premier League know he's got a short fuse

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2022, 10:03:50 PM
New inhalers have been flown in

Yeah the last shipment went to Brentford last Friday night by mistake.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Turf

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 15, 2022, 10:22:22 PM
Quote from: Turf on August 15, 2022, 10:11:04 PM

What does that mean? They never were top in the title race last season.Strange thing to say

With a tougher run-in Manchester City was always to drop some points and would need Liverpool to slip up to retain the title. Liverpool did that at home to Tottenham in their 3rd last game.

Wait. What? That makes no sense at all. Liverpool never once had the lead in the title race? It was never theirs to lose.
Hold on, is this one of those stupid posts where someone replies to said stupid post only for you to reply next with a fishing hook emoji. Fair enough you got me  ::)
None of your post makes sense so I'm guessing that's what you're up too yeah?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 15, 2022, 10:27:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2022, 10:03:50 PM
New inhalers have been flown in

Yeah the last shipment went to Brentford last Friday night by mistake.

You'll need them at the weekend  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: laoislad on August 15, 2022, 09:17:02 PM
Well that was f**king stupid.

Deserves four or five games for stupidity alone. Can't be doing shit like that.

Good fine by the club too.

Armamike

Diaz was very good. Put in the shift of two players which was needed with Nunes off.  The Nunes red was a WTF moment.   It's not often Liverpool get red cards so that makes it all the more strange to see.  He's created a lot of unnecessary attention on himself.  Serious amount of injuries building up.  Hard to believe at this stage of the season the 4th choice CB has to start.  Nat Philipps should not be anywhere near a team that plays a high line.  Palace correctly spotted that and it paid off for them with the one half chance they got in the first half.  Disappointing start to the season. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

quit yo jibbajabba

....people will see yet again that youre a gobshite?

😃

Hound

Thought Klopp made a huge mistake playing Milner instead of Hendo. Absolutely no need for it at this stage of the season and it was clear Hendo was flying fit when he came on. Fab nearly as bad as Milner in the first half.

I wouldn't be blaming Phillips at all. He mostly did fine. We give up chances like that in every single game, he was onside by a whisker, and it was a really top class finish by Zaha.

Harvey Elliott was very good I thought. Hopefully this signals a run of games for him.

But needless pressure stoked onto us now for Monday.

johnnycool

Quote from: Hound on August 17, 2022, 12:51:18 PM
Thought Klopp made a huge mistake playing Milner instead of Hendo. Absolutely no need for it at this stage of the season and it was clear Hendo was flying fit when he came on. Fab nearly as bad as Milner in the first half.

I wouldn't be blaming Phillips at all. He mostly did fine. We give up chances like that in every single game, he was onside by a whisker, and it was a really top class finish by Zaha.

Harvey Elliott was very good I thought. Hopefully this signals a run of games for him.

If Liverpool don't win that by 3 goals plus, then Klopp will need to have to answer for that.

markl121

thought Milner was grand tbh, nat doesn't suit our style of play at all I thought he was brutal. He is a harry Maguire type player who it suits to have standing at the edge of the 18 yard box all game as opposed to the halfway line. He could do a job in the prem for another team, just not us.
All in all we actually played pretty well, just shite finishing again. Story of last season too, 20 chances and they have one and score then you're up against it. Monday is huge but we should still be beating them handily.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on August 17, 2022, 01:45:41 PM

If Liverpool don't win that by 3 goals plus, then Klopp will need to have to answer for that.

2 first half 2 second at least, Liverpool are ready to explode and Utd will take an ugly hammering..

At least the new guy won't be scoring
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

Monday night is now a must win for Liverpool.  Given the spluttering start, any win would be a good one. Can't see it being a hammering mainly because of the unsettled feel to Liverpool's line up at the moment. Would gladly take 1 nil and move on.
That's just, like your opinion man.