The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 17, 2021, 11:48:58 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 17, 2021, 11:42:38 AM
What an insulting comnent to the relatives of all those servants of this State murdered by your favourite political "movement".
I know you lot have airbrushed them from the narrative but most of us here know their names without Google.
Funny how the Quinn family hasnt been mentioned since the last election isn't it? Would it be possible that the media and other political parties don't give a shite about any of it until it suits them to try and buy votes? Most people can see through it, pity you can't.

Really?
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/mum-of-murdered-ira-victim-paul-quinn-hopeful-of-justice-after-intervention-of-garda-commissioner-drew-harris-40806752.html

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rossfan on September 17, 2021, 01:04:26 PM
Shinners upset at being reminded of their murderous criminal past in the 26 Counties.
Aw diddums.
No one upset that I can see. Just a few laughing at you making a complete c**k of yourself again. I'm embarrassed for ya. 😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 17, 2021, 01:46:24 PM
What an insulting comnent to the relatives of all those servants of this State murdered by your favourite political "movement".
I know you lot have airbrushed them from the narrative but most of us here know their names without Google.
Funny how the Quinn family hasnt been mentioned since the last election isn't it? Would it be possible that the media and other political parties don't give a shite about any of it until it suits them to try and buy votes? Most people can see through it, pity you can't.

Really?
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/mum-of-murdered-ira-victim-paul-quinn-hopeful-of-justice-after-intervention-of-garda-commissioner-drew-harris-40806752.html

The context of that post was the Southern Media which during the last General Election cozied up with FF and FG and used the Quinns at every turn to try and effect the results of the election - print and tv media all aligned. The article you have provided is rare and is from a Northern Paper. You cannot seriously be saying the same level of scrutiny of the Quinn case existed after that General Election? I am afraid the FF and FG parties and their buddies chewed up the Quinns and spat them out when they were done with them. They don't care about him or his mother.

Snapchap

Nothing says 'respect for the dead' quite like using their names (after a quick google to find them) in order to deflect attention from your beloved blueshirts latest corruption scandal, eh?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on September 17, 2021, 01:56:33 PM

Really?

The context of that post was the Southern Media which during the last General Election cozied up with FF and FG and used the Quinns at every turn to try and effect the results of the election - print and tv media all aligned. The article you have provided is rare and is from a Northern Paper. You cannot seriously be saying the same level of scrutiny of the Quinn case existed after that General Election? I am afraid the FF and FG parties and their buddies chewed up the Quinns and spat them out when they were done with them. They don't care about him or his mother.

Took me 5  secs to find, issued in last few weeks, whether the free state media care or not is not relevant really in the bigger schemes of this shocking murder for me.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 17, 2021, 02:29:02 PM

Really?

Took me 5  secs to find, issued in last few weeks, whether the free state media care or not is not relevant really in the bigger schemes of this shocking murder for me.

But I think you'll agree not relevant to the discussion on Coveney.

Itchy

Really?

I dont deny it was a shocking murder carried out by scumbags who I hope get what's coming to them. My issue is the media down here don't care one bit about it and neither do FF and FG, they used it to throw mud at SF hoping it would stick - it didnt as the electorate have had enough of their crap down here.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on September 17, 2021, 03:01:54 PM

Really?

I dont deny it was a shocking murder carried out by scumbags who I hope get what's coming to them. My issue is the media down here don't care one bit about it and neither do FF and FG, they used it to throw mud at SF hoping it would stick - it didnt as the electorate have had enough of their crap down here.

Thats politics

tiempo

Shinners upset at being reminded of their murderous criminal past in the 26 Counties.
Aw diddums.

The quislings quisling. Way back to the shires of Roscommon with ye.

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 17, 2021, 03:08:06 PM

Really?

Thats politics

So its ok is it in your view, you know, to use a victims grief to forward your own gain. You would be ok to see that happen if it were done by the DUP for example and you'd say "thats politics"?

trueblue1234

Really?

Thats politics

So you'll be quite happy for SF to do the same, to deflect and distract. Otherwise you'd be a bit of a hypocrite. 

Hound

Aw diddums.
John Hume publicly condemned each of the terrorist acts you mentioned, so you know you're on the right side, despite the frenzied reaction!

The question though is, is there any real remaining link between current Sinn Fein and those who committed or ordered the murders of innocents?
Because if there's no link it would not be fair to criticize. I'm sure the celebratory songs in bad taste will be kept private in future.
The biggest uncertainty surrounds the Council that oversees SF policy and decision making, and how SF and their supporters don't like to admit it exists or talk about their real leaders, and instead continue the pretence that Mary Lou is the leader!

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hound on September 18, 2021, 06:48:34 AM
Aw diddums.
John Hume publicly condemned each of the terrorist acts you mentioned, so you know you're on the right side, despite the frenzied reaction!

The question though is, is there any real remaining link between current Sinn Fein and those who committed or ordered the murders of innocents?
Because if there's no link it would not be fair to criticize. I'm sure the celebratory songs in bad taste will be kept private in future.
The biggest uncertainty surrounds the Council that oversees SF policy and decision making, and how SF and their supporters don't like to admit it exists or talk about their real leaders, and instead continue the pretence that Mary Lou is the leader!

How is that the question? Seriously? Is any actions by FF/FG to be ignored because of previous SF actions. It's utterly unbelievable that you read the recent exchanges and believe that is the question.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on September 17, 2021, 03:49:37 PM

Really?

Thats politics

So its ok is it in your view, you know, to use a victims grief to forward your own gain. You would be ok to see that happen if it were done by the DUP for example and you'd say "thats politics"?

SF do it all the time , as I said that's politics , a dirty business

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 17, 2021, 03:51:14 PM

Really?

Thats politics

So you'll be quite happy for SF to do the same, to deflect and distract. Otherwise you'd be a bit of a hypocrite.

I can't see where I said I was happy with anything