The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on January 22, 2016, 10:56:03 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on January 22, 2016, 10:50:48 PM
Correct, I am not paying for it twice. Once is plenty. Glad we agree.

More likely you are stealing it.
Wait till the spongers get the interest and penalties added...., ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mikehunt

Quote from: mikehunt on January 22, 2016, 10:50:48 PM
Correct, I am not paying for it twice. Once is plenty. Glad we agree.

If I pay for something then I am not stealing it. However, if you pay for something twice then you are the victim of stealing. Be vigilant and keep your eyes and ears open at all times. Fools and their money etc.

armaghniac

Quote from: mikehunt on January 23, 2016, 12:22:53 AM

If I pay for something then I am not stealing it. However, if you pay for something twice then you are the victim of stealing. Be vigilant and keep your eyes and ears open at all times. Fools and their money etc.

If you go on a plane, you used to get breakfast included, now you don't. If you now take a breakfast and don't pay for it you are stealing. You used to have water paid for by other taxes, now you don't. If you now take water and don't pay for it you are stealing. Theft, pure and simple. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

macdanger2

QuoteThere are some that don't want to pay for anything, there are those who can't afford it and there are those who can afford it but are not willing to fund another quango. I am fortunate to be in the latter group, I can afford it, I have no problem paying for an efficient water system.

So this statement was just bullshit to make yourself sound reasonable, mike?? Fact is IW could have been set up in the most efficient way possible and you'd still feel like you shouldn't have to pay

ashman

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 23, 2016, 12:59:54 AM
QuoteThere are some that don't want to pay for anything, there are those who can't afford it and there are those who can afford it but are not willing to fund another quango. I am fortunate to be in the latter group, I can afford it, I have no problem paying for an efficient water system.

So this statement was just bullshit to make yourself sound reasonable, mike?? Fact is IW could have been set up in the most efficient way possible and you'd still feel like you shouldn't have to pay

Never ceases to amaze me that hundreds of thousands were whipped in to a frenzy over water charges and household tax .  However no real organised anger over the health service and of late the housing problem.

armaghniac

Quote from: ashman on January 23, 2016, 09:13:59 AM
Never ceases to amaze me that hundreds of thousands were whipped in to a frenzy over water charges and household tax .  However no real organised anger over the health service and of late the housing problem.

In this country so called "left wing" parties spend their time trying to deny the State revenue instead of ensuring that it can provide services that lest fortunate people need.

macdanger2

Agreed. In general, things like the health service and homelessness don't affect us personally on a regular basis so we don't care

armaghniac

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 23, 2016, 11:41:41 AM

Agreed. In general, things like the health service and homelessness don't affect us personally on a regular basis so we don't care

I'm not sure that people do not care, if only because we all have relatives and we all get old and sick ourselves. Unfortunately the politicians are almost all useless without exception and it is difficult to see how these things can be fixed even if you do care.

Rossfan

+1.
And the 23% VAT rate which must cost even the poorest households € 2 to 3k per annum.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on January 23, 2016, 11:46:22 AM
+1.
And the 23% VAT rate which must cost even the poorest households € 2 to 3k per annum.

Perhaps, but remember that many expenditures do not attract this rate, food  and children's clothes are zero %, while utilities etc are 13% and these kind of things make up a large part of family expenditure, 

macdanger2

Quote from: armaghniac on January 23, 2016, 11:44:41 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 23, 2016, 11:41:41 AM

I'm not sure that people do not care, if only because we all have relatives and we all get old and sick ourselves. Unfortunately the politicians are almost all useless without exception and it is difficult to see how these things can be fixed even if you do care.

True, it's probably not a matter of not caring but more that these issues aren't as real and tangible as a bill coming through your door

mikehunt

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 23, 2016, 12:59:54 AMt

Incorrect again. Bit of a pattern with you. I am already paying for my water.  If they need extra then fine I will pay. However this extra money they are looking for is currently going to the likes of John Tierney and Dennis O Brien.  This is not fine with me hence my refusal to pay.

Rossfan

Bad turn outs for the anti water goons it seems ;)

macdanger2

Quote from: mikehunt on January 23, 2016, 03:40:34 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 23, 2016, 12:59:54 AMt

Incorrect again. Bit of a pattern with you. I am already paying for my water.  If they need extra then fine I will pay. However this extra money they are looking for is currently going to the likes of John Tierney and Dennis O Brien.  This is not fine with me hence my refusal to pay.

You said previously you'd prefer to see IW privatised, is that still the case? Or am I incorrect on that also?

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on January 23, 2016, 07:03:59 PM
Bad turn outs for the anti water goons it seems ;)
Anti water? Not surprised there'd be a low turnout at an anti water march. Was it in Boyle?