The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 22, 2016, 04:43:18 PM
So both Mike & Foxy, you "wouldn't have a problem with IW if it were run efficiently"??

Does that mean you're not in favour of abolishing it, simply reforming it??

Reform, Irish Public Sector, Irish Politicians, Syntax Error, does not compute!!!!

mikehunt

Quote from: armaghniac on January 22, 2016, 12:15:54 PM

Did you not read my post or perhaps you couldn't understand it.
The "revenue" is a function of water demand, which is fairly predicitable, and the billing model, which is political bollix. There is no sense in which "sales" of water have been disppointing, the recenue is all a function of politics.

Price would be another important factor, something they could never agree on. Christ on a bike.

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on January 22, 2016, 04:47:39 PM
Wonder does running it efficiently mean making all the non paying customers pay their dues and not be sponging off the decent people who pay for everything ;)
I see the Shirts are said to be lining up some sensible Independents in case Labour can't make up the numbers.

Most already pay for it oh wise one, it's called general taxation, they're also dipping into the motor tax. It's the blueshirts that are spinning the lie that people are not paying for water and the gullible keep falling for it.

macdanger2

So all this chat about the opposition being because it was a f*ck up of an implementation (which it undoubtedly has been in many aspects) is nothing more than bluster. When it boils down to it, you simply don't want to pay for either your water or sewerage to be treated.

mikehunt

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 22, 2016, 05:07:42 PM
So all this chat about the opposition being because it was a f*ck up of an implementation (which it undoubtedly has been in many aspects) is nothing more than bluster. When it boils down to it, you simply don't want to pay for either your water or sewerage to be treated.
Incorrect. I don't want to pay for it twice.

Rossfan

The old story with spongers " Someone else can pay for it" >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: mikehunt on January 22, 2016, 06:11:26 PM

You are not paying for it twice. The duly elected government has decided that a proportion of the cost of water will be payable by bill and that any money formerly used for that purpose will be used for a different purpose. If you do not pay, then you are merely delinquent, and going on about paying twice makes you seem silly as well.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on January 22, 2016, 06:53:23 PM
The old story with spongers " Someone else can pay for it" >:(
Some people cant afford it. Unlike trough eating overpaid public sector workers lile yourself.

foxcommander

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 22, 2016, 04:43:18 PM
So both Mike & Foxy, you "wouldn't have a problem with IW if it were run efficiently"??

Does that mean you're not in favour of abolishing it, simply reforming it??

It's current operation is no more than a money making scheme for some and future stranglehold on citizens.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on January 22, 2016, 06:54:36 PM

You are not paying for it twice. The duly elected government has decided that a proportion of the cost of water will be payable by bill and that any money formerly used for that purpose will be used for a different purpose. If you do not pay, then you are merely delinquent, and going on about paying twice makes you seem silly as well.
We people on group schemes ( and those with their own wells) have been paying for water for ever and ever AND we pay the same taxes as those with public water and sewerage.
If SF and the anti water lefties/ eighties/ centrists get into Govt.will we get tax refunds?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mikehunt

I didn't say I paid it twice. I've decided not to pay for it twice.  I would consider someone paying for something twice as being short a shilling both literally and psychologically or silly as you might call them.

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on January 22, 2016, 10:21:30 PM

We people on group schemes ( and those with their own wells) have been paying for water for ever and ever AND we pay the same taxes as those with public water and sewerage.
If SF and the anti water lefties/ eighties/ centrists get into Govt.will we get tax refunds?

You're a public sector worker looking for a tax rebate? Good Rossfan. Any room in that trough?

armaghniac

Quote from: mikehunt on January 22, 2016, 10:35:26 PM
I didn't say I paid it twice. I've decided not to pay for it twice.  I would consider someone paying for something twice as being short a shilling both literally and psychologically or silly as you might call them.

You are not paying for it twice. Repeating it again and again will not make it so, it just looks silly.

mikehunt

Quote from: armaghniac on January 22, 2016, 10:48:03 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on January 22, 2016, 10:35:26 PM

You are not paying for it twice. Repeating it again and again will not make it so, it just looks silly.
Correct, I am not paying for it twice. Once is plenty. Glad we agree.

armaghniac

Quote from: mikehunt on January 22, 2016, 10:50:48 PM
Correct, I am not paying for it twice. Once is plenty. Glad we agree.

More likely you are stealing it.