The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 24, 2015, 10:10:11 PM
Well as I know him and his family I'm not going to kick him about the place just to please tin foil hat types like you, but yes he's got into various difficulties in recent years which he could have easily avoided, he's answerable for them no doubt. I haven't and won't vote for him, much less his party, so I'm not going to bat on their behalf

If he's a family friend I understand your reluctance to criticise the guy but by your own admission you wouldn't vote for him due to his questionable history. People like Mr Perry don't seem to get it that being unable to handle your private business affairs should really disqualify you from managing the affairs of the public. It's not a sign of a competent official now, is it?

Happy Christmas to all my friends in Fine Gael. You're great.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Rossfan

Blue shirts very confident for the General Election - one of their gurus seems to thinkthey might even swing a majorityin the Dàil.
Time to start voting Labour folks!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on December 27, 2015, 11:21:32 PM
Blue shirts very confident for the General Election - one of their gurus seems to thinkthey might even swing a majorityin the Dàil.
Time to start voting Labour folks!!

JK is just pissing in the wind going again here. Good man but even the totally inexperienced Hopkins has a better chance.

Rossfan

I know JK hasn't a hope Syfín. I was appealing to the rest of the State. Last thing we want is FG on their own ( or with Lucyloo and 1 or 2 other right wingers assisting).

Owenmoresider

Quote from: foxcommander on December 25, 2015, 06:46:29 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 24, 2015, 10:10:11 PM
Well as I know him and his family I'm not going to kick him about the place just to please tin foil hat types like you, but yes he's got into various difficulties in recent years which he could have easily avoided, he's answerable for them no doubt. I haven't and won't vote for him, much less his party, so I'm not going to bat on their behalf

If he's a family friend I understand your reluctance to criticise the guy but by your own admission you wouldn't vote for him due to his questionable history.People like Mr Perry don't seem to get it that being unable to handle your private business affairs should really disqualify you from managing the affairs of the public. It's not a sign of a competent official now, is it?

Happy Christmas to all my friends in Fine Gael. You're great.
Didn't say that at all, wouldn't vote for him as I don't vote for FG, and I'd be on similarly familiar terms with his opposite number in the area anyway.

foxcommander

While I hope he recoverers I wonder did Mr Noonan have to stay on a trolley for 24 hours before being seen to?

Minister Noonan underwent medical procedure over Christmas
Minister for Finance Michael Noonan underwent a medical procedure over Christmas after being diagnosed with an infection involving fluid in the chest area.

In a personal statement, Mr Noonan said he was diagnosed two weeks before Christmas.

The minister, who is still in a Dublin hospital, said he is now "well on the mend".

He added that he will be attending Cabinet on 5 January and looks forward to contesting the upcoming general election.

It is the second surgery he has had this year after undergoing a procedure to resolve an eye complaint.

Last year, he had both surgery and radiotherapy to tackle a cancerous sarcoma on his right arm.

heffo

Quote from: foxcommander on December 29, 2015, 05:50:34 PM
While I hope he recoverers I wonder did Mr Noonan have to stay on a trolley for 24 hours before being seen to?

I'd say like most from a professional class, he has VHI and went private - can't beat it.

Or maybe he get it done in Adam's private hospital in the States, the one he got a Bertie-Ahern esque whiparound to pay for the flights.

foxcommander

Quote from: heffo on December 29, 2015, 05:56:07 PM

Or maybe he get it done in Adam's private hospital in the States,

I didn't know that Gerry owned a hospital in the USA. Maybe he bought one out the of the proceeds of the northern bank robbery that he orchastrated.

;)

foxcommander

I feel I can lump this Labour story in with Fine Gael as it's a case of government appointed.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/tnaiste-uses-littleknown-clause-to-personally-appoint-chairman-of-state-board-34362395.html

So one of Joanie's last acts before her party gets wiped out in the upcoming election is to reward some of her cronies with nice little earners.
Begg, like Fergus Finlay, has managed to get himself a number at Barnardos as well  - that charity seems to have money to burn..

Nothing changes if you vote this lot back in. You just validate their greed.

heffo

Quote from: foxcommander on January 14, 2016, 02:39:01 AM
I feel I can lump this Labour story in with Fine Gael as it's a case of government appointed.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/tnaiste-uses-littleknown-clause-to-personally-appoint-chairman-of-state-board-34362395.html

So one of Joanie's last acts before her party gets wiped out in the upcoming election is to reward some of her cronies with nice little earners.
Begg, like Fergus Finlay, has managed to get himself a number at Barnardos as well  - that charity seems to have money to burn..

Nothing changes if you vote this lot back in. You just validate their greed.

if the Shinners get in, all of these boards will be full of their army of 'community workers'.

Rossfan

SF can't get in if they are only fielding 45 candidates.

heffo

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2016, 01:24:03 PM
SF can't get in if they are only fielding 45 candidates.

Coalition?

Mayo4Sam

You do realise thats €80k a year each and he is the taoiseach
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mikehunt

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 21, 2016, 11:53:06 AM
You do realise thats €80k a year each and he is the taoiseach

As a tax payer I forlornly look for value for money. He's an embarrassment when sent abroad to "represent" us. The least he could do is hire competent advisors. Maybe he should hire more advisors to appoint competent advisors.