The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: ashman on December 09, 2015, 03:04:49 PM
Sinn Fein have some operation .   A political industrial complex.

They'd want to work on their tactics though. If you want to persuade people to follow your way of thinking, you need to meet them half way, or at least sound reasonable.
There are more "forceful" methods of course, but they didn't work out too well for SF in the past.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

foxcommander

Quote from: Tubberman on December 09, 2015, 03:58:44 PM
Quote from: ashman on December 09, 2015, 03:04:49 PM
Sinn Fein have some operation .   A political industrial complex.

They'd want to work on their tactics though. If you want to persuade people to follow your way of thinking, you need to meet them half way, or at least sound reasonable.
There are more "forceful" methods of course, but they didn't work out too well for SF in the past.

Which methods were those? Please tell.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Rossfan

Beidh na léinte gorma sàsta leis an pól is déanai.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

Good to see the government are creating new jobs - if anything we need more ways to process and prosecute citizens.
Well done Fine Gael

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1218/754985-courthouses-jobs-boost/

as an aside - doesn't the doll Frances look like ET with a blonde wig?

Rossfan

Na léinte gorma ag dual in àirde arìs - 32%
An Lucht Oibre 9%
SF 19%
FF 17%
Na dreamanna eile 23%.

foxcommander

Just like that one in the toilet that won't flush away....

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1222/755712-perry-fg-election/

they'll do anything to keep the noses in the trough.

Maguire01

Heard this guy on Matt Cooper this evening. Cringeworthy stuff. Saying that people had been sending him mass cards when he failed to be selected...

It will be interesting to see if this (3 candidates) costs them a seat.

foxcommander

He's got a hell of a brass neck on him. The bad news for FG is that another self-serving politician has bullied his way on to the ticket and could potentially cause them to lose a seat rather than gain one.

He must have forgotten all about his unpaid loans, mileage claims and his illegal hiring policy and believes that the constituents still think of him as a loveable rogue.

Rossfan

Is it a 3 or 4 seated?
Yer man Perry is the type we need out of politics here in the 26.

foxcommander

Dear Santa (or Angela)
I've been a good little boy again this year. I've done everyting I've been told. I made sure the peasants have been kept in place and my pals have gotten richer on the back of it.
I've made a mess of things to the degree that it all seems like a lost cause. You have to admit Irish Water was a stroke of genius.
Please please please bring me a bumper election result this year so I can carry on my good work without having to share my toys with Joanie. And a star wars lightsabre to fend off the pesky shinners. Don't give mary lou or gerry anyting because they are very bad.

Enda (age 64)

mikehunt

Quote from: foxcommander on December 23, 2015, 05:20:28 PM

Dear Santa (or Angela)
I've been a good little boy again this year. I've done everyting I've been told. I made sure the peasants have been kept in place and my pals have gotten richer on the back of it.
I've made a mess of things to the degree that it all seems like a lost cause. You have to admit Irish Water was a stroke of genius.
Please please please bring me a bumper election result this year so I can carry on my good work without having to share my toys with Joanie. And a star wars lightsabre to fend off the pesky shinners. Don't give mary lou or gerry anyting because they are very bad.

Enda (age 64)

Jaysus he don't look 64. The benefits of doing fcuk all I suppose. 

foxcommander

Quote from: mikehunt on December 24, 2015, 05:27:28 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 23, 2015, 05:20:28 PM

Dear Santa (or Angela)

Enda (age 64)

Jaysus he don't look 64. The benefits of doing fcuk all I suppose.

Hasn't done a stoke of real work in his lifetime. Just managed to keep his head down and outlast the rest. Spoofer.

Owenmoresider

Give it a rest lads, the same pair of yous spreading bile on this thread all the time, probably the same person and all, you know what these Shinner online trolls are like.

Quote from: Rossfan on December 23, 2015, 01:41:41 AM
Is it a 3 or 4 seated?
4 seats in a massive sprawling area, goes from Ballina nearly to Donegal town and to the edge of Cavan town. Know John reasonably well from over the years so I'll not pass comment on the numerous difficulties he's found himself in, but on the convention issue fair play to him taking the party bigwigs through the mill as he has, and showing them up in the process. Ironically if they wanted rid of him the best thing to do it was to get him through on the night or add him straight after (like with Bruton in Dublin), he'd have been in a tight spot to get back with all that's gone on, as it is he's possibly turned things around for himself to a certain extent and certainly has done his hopes of re-election no harm, whether that's a good thing or not is another matter but that's how it goes. Between him and Scanlon (FF) there should be one of them getting in from the south of the county anyway.

foxcommander

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 24, 2015, 08:35:15 PM
Give it a rest lads, the same pair of yous spreading bile on this thread all the time, probably the same person and all, you know what these Shinner online trolls are like.

Is it a 3 or 4 seated?
4 seats in a massive sprawling area, goes from Ballina nearly to Donegal town and to the edge of Cavan town. Know John reasonably well from over the years so I'll not pass comment on the numerous difficulties he's found himself in, but on the convention issue fair play to him taking the party bigwigs through the mill as he has, and showing them up in the process. Ironically if they wanted rid of him the best thing to do it was to get him through on the night or add him straight after (like with Bruton in Dublin), he'd have been in a tight spot to get back with all that's gone on, as it is he's possibly turned things around for himself to a certain extent and certainly has done his hopes of re-election no harm, whether that's a good thing or not is another matter but that's how it goes. Between him and Scanlon (FF) there should be one of them getting in from the south of the county anyway.

Sure, don't pass comment on Mr Perry. Sweep that under the carpet eh?
He's a grand fella etc, lets vote him in again. Jesus wept! What is wrong with you people?

I do love how you label people who call out Fine Gael to try deflect their wrongdoings.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: foxcommander on December 24, 2015, 09:00:02 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 24, 2015, 08:35:15 PM

Is it a 3 or 4 seated?

Sure, don't pass comment on Mr Perry. Sweep that under the carpet eh?
He's a grand fella etc, lets vote him in again. Jesus wept! What is wrong with you people?

I do love how you label people who call out Fine Gael to try deflect their wrongdoings.
Well as I know him and his family I'm not going to kick him about the place just to please tin foil hat types like you, but yes he's got into various difficulties in recent years which he could have easily avoided, he's answerable for them no doubt. I haven't and won't vote for him, much less his party, so I'm not going to bat on their behalf, much as you like to portray anyone who doesn't worship at SF's altar as one of them. Your idea of "calling out" is just peddling the usual predictable rants, there's views given here criticising them which are valid and worth making but yours and the other guy is what the  ::) was made for.