The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 09:27:52 PM
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/girl-14-was-on-acid-during-absolutely-savage-gang-assault-34193494.html

drugs are bad, m'kay.
Ok, I acknowledge you're a WUM but the measure of good WUM is how long he/she keeps attracting attention so on that note................

foxcommander

They never mention the amount of people who have emigrated in all this....good press for an upcoming election

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2015/1117/742480-cso-unemployment/

Minister for Jobs Enterprise and Innovation Richard Bruton has welcomed the latest figures showing a drop in unemployment.

The estimated unemployment rate for October has been revised down to 8.9% - the first time unemployment has fallen below 9% since the end of 2008. 

Minister Bruton said this was the 12th quarter in a row of employment growth, with another 56,000 people joining the workforce over the last year.

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on November 17, 2015, 06:37:28 PM
They never mention the amount of people who have emigrated in all this....good press for an upcoming election

Minister for Jobs Enterprise and Innovation Richard Bruton has welcomed the latest figures showing a drop in unemployment.

The estimated unemployment rate for October has been revised down to 8.9% - the first time unemployment has fallen below 9% since the end of 2008. 

Minister Bruton said this was the 12th quarter in a row of employment growth, with another 56,000 people joining the workforce over the last year.
Surely employment growth is a good thing? If the trend continues, then those who emigrated have more prospects if they want to return.

foxcommander

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 17, 2015, 10:44:11 PM

Surely employment growth is a good thing? If the trend continues, then those who emigrated have more prospects if they want to return.

If you take the figures that have left the country into account the employment growth wouldn't be that impressive.

So this is Fine Gaels last ditch attempt to show they are doing a good job with massaged figures?

armaghniac

Well show us an example of somewhere with higher employment growth.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: foxcommander on November 18, 2015, 03:29:16 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 17, 2015, 10:44:11 PM

If you take the figures that have left the country into account the employment growth wouldn't be that impressive.

So this is Fine Gaels last ditch attempt to show they are doing a good job with massaged figures?
The number of people who left is only relevant to the unemployment rate. Employment growth is employment growth. Another 56,000 in work is another 56,000 in work, regardless of how many have left.

Rossfan

Good news is anathema to the whinging classes.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

deiseach

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 18, 2015, 07:12:53 AM
The number of people who left is only relevant to the unemployment rate. Employment growth is employment growth. Another 56,000 in work is another 56,000 in work, regardless of how many have left.

Mayo4Sam

But, but, but what about the people in that 56,000 that have gotten work abroad, or might in the future

I was in the car with a work colleague when the 1,000 jobs in Apple were announced "Sure Cork is fucked when Apple pull out, 5,000 jobs lost. What'll they do then?". I'm not sure how the government can answer that one
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

foxcommander

Hopefully FF in government along with Fine Gael will make them accountable for their actions. It's coming..the epic reunion...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/ff-still-aiming-to-form-coalition-government-34218265.html

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 18, 2015, 11:24:11 AM
But, but, but what about the people in that 56,000 that have gotten work abroad, or might in the future

I was in the car with a work colleague when the 1,000 jobs in Apple were announced "Sure Cork is fucked when Apple pull out, 5,000 jobs lost. What'll they do then?". I'm not sure how the government can answer that one

Its ok. The far left will be in power by then and will nationalise it.

We will then all be comrades working for Úl.

MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 18, 2015, 11:24:11 AM

True enough. You need a local business, like Waterford Glass, and a white knight like Tony O'Reilly to keep it going.

Rossfan

No doubt a SF Govt will employ them all as ahem.....community workers ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Don't knock the government, this week they admitted they hadn't a clue how to introduce universal health insurance and only a day or two later Bon Secours announce more jobs.