The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 10, 2015, 09:46:57 PM
So basically no evidence can be shown to indicate that capital punishment is effective.
There shouldn't have been any murders in Texas since about 1987 if capital punishment was effective.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

So basically no evidence can be shown to indicate that capital punishment is effective.

Who cares. Certainly "weed"s out a lot of the scum that peddle it. Ho ho!
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2015, 10:36:26 PM

Far from it.

The evidence has shown that capital punishment has been completely and utterly useless in the prevention of drug trafficking. Funnier still, is that the provider of that evidence appears to think it proved the opposite.  ;D ;D ;D

If it's not enforced correctly how can it be. Try that in China and see how you get on.
Stupidity and greed will mean that people will always try make a buck out of someone elses misery. Funnier still eh?

foxcommander

I've yet to see any of the rest of you come up with a different way to get rid of junkies and dealers off the streets.

I don't want to extend this debate on the Fine Gal thread - which should be reserved for pointing out the elementary mistakes our brilliant Taoiseach and his band of merry men make (Think Robin Hood in reverse). If you want a junkie thread go ahead and set one up.

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on November 11, 2015, 03:19:55 AM
I've yet to see any of the rest of you come up with a different way to get rid of junkies and dealers off the streets.

I don't want to extend this debate on the Fine Gal thread - which should be reserved for pointing out the elementary mistakes our brilliant Taoiseach and his band of merry men make (Think Robin Hood in reverse). If you want a junkie thread go ahead and set one up.
Of course you don't as there's only so much of a fool a person can make of themselves before even they feel a little silly.

The government have put forward a way of dealing with junkies, as you call them. This was what this debate was about. The issue was discussed as you criticised it. Nobody else did and many said it was a good idea.

Now on to your next escapade.

Rossfan

I think the "stupidest poster on GAABoard" title has definitely been retained for another year. ;D 8)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 11, 2015, 09:19:47 AM

Of course you don't as there's only so much of a fool a person can make of themselves before even they feel a little silly.

The government have put forward a way of dealing with junkies, as you call them. This was what this debate was about. The issue was discussed as you criticised it. Nobody else did and many said it was a good idea.

I made my point. You (and a few other of the PC brigade) not only want to go soft on drug dealers but have no issue spending taxpayers money on lounges for junkies to hang out.
No wonder the issue is only going to get worse.

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on November 11, 2015, 11:22:50 AM
I think the "stupidest poster on GAABoard" title has definitely been retained for another year. ;D 8)

Congratulations on your award. Add that to the sycophant of the year award. And poster with the least original things to say.

+1

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on November 11, 2015, 02:11:07 PM

I made my point. You (and a few other of the PC brigade) not only want to go soft on drug dealers but have no issue spending taxpayers money on lounges for junkies to hang out.
You made your point and backed it up with nothing. You want to execute drug dealers. Would this include, hypothetically, a 15 year old that sold an ounce of grass? I never mentioned drug dealers once. Yes, I support the proposition to have injection centres. Nobody else mentioned lounges other than you so only you know where you got that term from. And finally, you can tell the future? You know it's going to get worse now?

mikehunt

Quote from: foxcommander on November 11, 2015, 02:18:02 PM

Congratulations on your award. Add that to the sycophant of the year award. And poster with the least original things to say.

+1

Rossfan strikes me as the type that would have stood behind a bully shouting encoragement in the schoolyard.

foxcommander

Quote from: mikehunt on November 11, 2015, 04:32:10 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 11, 2015, 02:18:02 PM

+1

Rossfan strikes me as the type that would have stood behind a bully shouting encoragement in the schoolyard.

We all know the type from schooldays. Those annoying little runts.

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 11, 2015, 03:04:47 PM

You made your point and backed it up with nothing. You want to execute drug dealers. Would this include, hypothetically, a 15 year old that sold an ounce of grass? I never mentioned drug dealers once. Yes, I support the proposition to have injection centres. Nobody else mentioned lounges other than you so only you know where you got that term from. And finally, you can tell the future? You know it's going to get worse now?

I think we were talking about hard drugs here, heroin to be precise. Your analogy for the 15 year old with some grass is a little off.
What's there to back up? Rid the streets of those selling misery. Your solution only targets the victims of this disease, not tackling those who want to prolong it and push to new clients.
If you start up some sort of club for junkies what sort of message does that send? And you'll have dealers outside the doors for takeaways. Fresh Cod and smack please.

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on November 11, 2015, 05:26:06 PM

I think we were talking about hard drugs here, heroin to be precise. Your analogy for the 15 year old with some grass is a little off.
What's there to back up? Rid the streets of those selling misery. Your solution only targets the victims of this disease, not tackling those who want to prolong it and push to new clients.
If you start up some sort of club for junkies what sort of message does that send? And you'll have dealers outside the doors for takeaways. Fresh Cod and smack please.
Fair enough, replace grass with heroin and answer the question.

You posted a wikipedia link to show who uses capital punishment. You said that it worked in other countries. You didn't show that it works, you showed that it's used. By that logic the criminalisation of drugs works because countries apply it. It clearly doesn't.

I agree the streets should be rid of those selling hard drugs but you want to kill them all. For what it's worth I  think all drugs should be legalised, standardised, taxed and sold. Put money into education and treatment centres. You don't think government funds will be wasted in executing dealers? Should there even be a trial?

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 11, 2015, 05:52:24 PM

You posted a wikipedia link to show who uses capital punishment. You said that it worked in other countries. You didn't show that it works, you showed that it's used. By that logic the criminalisation of drugs works because countries apply it. It clearly doesn't.

I agree the streets should be rid of those selling hard drugs but you want to kill them all. For what it's worth I  think all drugs should be legalised, standardised, taxed and sold. Put money into education and treatment centres. You don't think government funds will be wasted in executing dealers? Should there even be a trial?
So by not taking dealers into the equation your solution only focused on the effect of the problem, not the cause.
That's leaving it pretty open-ended.

All drugs legalised? Holy cow. Are you off your rocker completely?
You dispute that capital punishment isn't a deterrent. Would you go to China and become involved in the industry? No, me neither. Unfortunately not all countries that have the law passed use it to its maximum effect. Damn human rights groups.

There are always those who will get involved even if it does mean forfeiting their lives - "get rich or die trying" from five-zero cents I believe.

Your soft punishment approach won't turn off new scumbags from getting involved in the trade and they'll try even more extremes to get the upper hand. Won't be too long before you get to Mexico standards of ruthlessness (as shown in the execution of that 9 year old in Chicago recently).

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on November 11, 2015, 06:45:44 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on November 11, 2015, 05:52:24 PM

So by not taking dealers into the equation your solution only focused on the effect of the problem, not the cause.
That's leaving it pretty open-ended.

All drugs legalised? Holy cow. Are you off your rocker completely?
You dispute that capital punishment isn't a deterrent. Would you go to China and become involved in the industry? No, me neither. Unfortunately not all countries that have the law passed use it to its maximum effect. Damn human rights groups.

There are always those who will get involved even if it does mean forfeiting their lives - "get rich or die trying" from five-zero cents I believe.

Your soft punishment approach won't turn off new scumbags from getting involved in the trade and they'll try even more extremes to get the upper hand. Won't be too long before you get to Mexico standards of ruthlessness (as shown in the execution of that 9 year old in Chicago recently).
AGAIN, the original proposal was how to treat addicts and it wasn't my plan, I just agreed with it.

It doesn't matter if I'd go to China or not. I'm unlikely to sell drugs in Ireland never mind anywhere else so I'm not relevant. The point is that drug dealers aren't put off by capital punishment. You said they were and didn't back it up. I feel you know this but are talking around the issue as you know your point is groundless. You could just admit this of course but that wouldn't look good, especially in front of someone you call sweetheart.

Finally, on the "are you off your rocker" comment, answer me this. Do you think anyone in Ireland that wants to take drugs today isn't able to get them? By legalising it, how would this make things worse? The war on drugs is an unequivocal disaster with no net improvement over forty years. You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over. My feelings are that we'll look back on this in fifty years and wonder what the hell took so long on dealing with it.