The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

To paraphrase Con Houlihan, a man who can dangle a modifier is capable of anything.

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 04, 2015, 08:14:45 AM

So you've encountered these people, they bother you but you just hope it goes away without doing anything about it.

Anyone caught dealing heroin gets executed. How about that for starters?
Seems to work as a deterrent in other countries.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

foxcommander

The numbers show a FG/FF coalition to form the next government. There doesn't see to be any other way for a majority.

Will be very interesting to see them finally have to work together.

Maguire01

There's a long way to go yet. A lot can change in the next 4 or 5 months. And look at the polls in the UK.

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on November 04, 2015, 09:43:31 PM

So you've encountered these people, they bother you but you just hope it goes away without doing anything about it.

First of all well done on actually making a point. Now that you have, in which countrys is the death penalty a deterrent?

mikehunt

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/murphy-raised-questions-over-ibrc-inquiry-weeks-ago-1.2422768

The more that comes out about this govt the more you think it's not all down to incompetence. The latest being the IBRC/Siteserve inquiry. Catherine Murphy eventually shamed Noonan into setting up an inquiry. To say he and the govt wanted this to go away is an understatement.

An inquiry was set up. First judge resigned for personal reasons. 2nd Judge tells us he can't investigate as he has no powers. The AG will get most of heat for this and maybe some of it is warranted but this inquiry was set up to fail. Govt would prefer us to believe that this it's down to incompetence. They have the perfect tool in charge to make it look like that. To think satisfaction levels for this govt are at an all time high shows that people really do not care.

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 08, 2015, 12:04:15 PM

First of all well done on actually making a point. Now that you have, in which countrys is the death penalty a deterrent?

Listen sweetheart, you asked for a solution and I gave you one. How about discussing it's merits unless by your lack of response you agree with me.

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on November 10, 2015, 03:00:03 AM

Listen sweetheart, you asked for a solution and I gave you one. How about discussing it's merits unless by your lack of response you agree with me.

Sweetheart? I know I'll regret engaging with you in time but you're irresistible at the minute.

From what I've read, your solution is groundless. Imposing the death penalty for drug crime doesn't seem to be a deterrent as you've pointed out.

Now I asked you to tell me what countries you're referring to but you hit me with the sweetheart line so you possibly have a point, if you'd only make it properly. So not for the first time I'll repeat the question; in which countries is the death penalty a deterrent..........big boy? :-*

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 10, 2015, 09:26:25 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 10, 2015, 03:00:03 AM

Sweetheart? I know I'll regret engaging with you in time but you're irresistible at the minute.

From what I've read, your solution is groundless. Imposing the death penalty for drug crime doesn't seem to be a deterrent as you've pointed out.

Now I asked you to tell me what countries you're referring to but you hit me with the sweetheart line so you possibly have a point, if you'd only make it properly. So not for the first time I'll repeat the question; in which countries is the death penalty a deterrent..........big boy? :-*

No problem toots  :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_by_country

Have a look under the drug trafficking header. If that isn't a deterrent tell me what is.

You'd have the place cleaned up in no time.

muppet

Afghanistan produces 90% of the world's heroin and is the first country on the list that executes traffickers.

SO much for 'cleaned up in no time'.

I think this might qualify for the Darwin thread.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2015, 08:06:03 PM
Afghanistan produces 90% of the world's heroin and is the first country on the list that executes traffickers.

SO much for 'cleaned up in no time'.

I think this might qualify for the Darwin thread.

How would it qualify?

They mustn't do a good enforcement job with all the other distractions.

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2015, 08:06:03 PM

Maybe you've heard of alphabetical order ;)

Maguire01

So basically no evidence can be shown to indicate that capital punishment is effective.

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 10, 2015, 09:46:57 PM
So basically no evidence can be shown to indicate that capital punishment is effective.

Far from it.

The evidence has shown that capital punishment has been completely and utterly useless in the prevention of drug trafficking. Funnier still, is that the provider of that evidence appears to think it proved the opposite.  ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017